campsite AP discount after 7/3?

breick

DIS Veteran
I can't get to a phone for until later. Are the AP discounts after 7/3 good on Campsites?????

I just called to adjust our existing reservation Aug 3-17 (beginning of value season), and AP rate is the SAME as the AAA rate we already had, believe it or not (approx. $42/night incl. tax preferred site)! I do NOT know if that is true for different times of the year, but I am disappointed. Back to waiting for a generic code...
Terri

Hi all,

We got AP rates for our trip from
July 10 -20 at $53.50/nite incl. tax
for a preferred site. I hope we don't
melt.

Thanks! Now I have to get to a phone, because at this point I don't have any reservations! We want to go late July/early August for 20+ nights. (Love that AC in my popup.)

When you call (and I would do so ASAP, very busy time of year!), have the person split it into two reservations since value season starts Aug 3. IE your first ressie would be start date-Aug 3, second would be Aug 3-end date. You won't have to pack up and move, just go back to the front desk and do more paperwork on the 3rd, and it'll probably save you scads of $$. Hope to see you!
Terri

Got to a phone on my lunch hour and easily got what I was looking for! 7/14 for 26 nights. ($44.60 in regular season and $33.44 in value season with the AP rate)

Now I have to find a good bike rack so we can take those with us.(I guess that should be my next post...)

Bumping up. I know there were a lot of you waiting for this rate. Did everybody get what they wanted and save a bundle?

Thank you for posting, breick. I just got the same ap rates that you listed. It saved me $100 over the AAA price I did have (staying 14 nights). And I just called a week ago and they weren't giving the AP rates out. Thank you , again!

We are going August 3-15, and the AP rate for full hook up is $30 plus tax, not too bad, but not as good as last year.

We are going 7/15-7/25. We had a reservation for a preferred site at $73.33 per night, including tax. I called last night (Monday) for the AP discount. There were no more AP discounts for preferred sites, so I got a full hookup site for $44.60 per night, including tax. I can do without cable for a savings of almost $300!
We usually stay in the 1400 loop when we get a preferred site. The 800 loop has full hookup sites and is in the same area, so we are still close to the pool, trading post, campfire/movie area, and we can walk to the marina.

$300 will buy a lot of videos. You should be able to pick up plenty of the local TV stations. We don't watch that much TV when we are at FW but we have never any problems finding something to watch on broadcast TV. We actually prefer the full hook up sites. They seem to be a little more private and not as close together. When you add $300 cheaper that makes them down right irresistible to me.:cool:

I've called back twice, and it has been confirmed that the AP (or PH as they call it) rate for the value season starting Aug 3 is very close to the already existing AAA rate (it would only have save me 50 cents a day!). When I asked why it was cheaper last year, the CM looked up my old record and told me I had a "newspaper code" that gave me the lower price. So, I'm still hoping...

Maybe we should have a mini campground meet in Aug at Ft W, what do you say?

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter