Campsite information 2021

ZTator

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have the listing of campsite pricing for January 2021 ? We are trying to figure out if it might be worth going next January verses next May. Does anyone have a listing of events that will take place during January 2021 to see which weeks will be value weeks? After looking at low crowd pictures for January verses what the crowds looked like last May we might change our dates. Thanks for the help .

2021 won't be out until summer 2020.
Here is a link to 2019 & 2020 that will give you an idea of what to expect.https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/page-2

January 2021 is a good, less expensive time to visit if you avoid the following:

- the days after January 1 (still the Christmas-New Years rates and crowds)
- the WDW Marathon dates (likely Wed Jan 7 to Sun Jan 10)
- the MLK 3-day weekend (Jan 15-18)

Then you are generally clear until you get close to mid-February and Valentine's Day (maybe until Feb 12)

About the only downside is that in January some rides go down for refurbishment.

Personally I'm with you, Ztator. In the near future I might try two weeks that covers the end of January and start of February. And I would add 5% to the 2020 rates in the link below to estimate 2021 prices.

Bama Ed

PS - here is clickable link: See the 2020 prices in post #21 . Note those prices include tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar.

Last edited:

Feb 12-16th is the peak Mardi Gras weekend for 2021. We’ll be heading to the fort then. So will lots of others from south Louisiana based on the last time we did it.

but as of a few weeks ago there were sites available for that week.

If we go it would either be in mid-january or first of May , just trying to decide how cold it would be and crowded, nothing worst than being freezing and standing in line for a ride, well, unless it was sweating and standing in line for a ride, haha :)

Feb 12-16th is the peak Mardi Gras weekend for 2021. We’ll be heading to the fort then. So will lots of others from south Louisiana based on the last time we did it.
but as of a few weeks ago there were sites available for that week.
I can't see any available campsites for 2021 online. Nothing past 01/12/2021 and then only if your stay starts in Dec 2020. Did you have to call DW directly to get those dates? TIA

Last edited:

Yes, DW had to call. I believe they don’t put the sites online until next years prices are determined based on other threads on here.

Yes, DW had to call. I believe they don’t put the sites online until next years prices are determined based on other threads on here.

Yes 2021 online reservations will be available when prices are released which historically has been mid-June the last few years. But since you can call 500 days out from ARRIVAL for a stay of UP TO 30 days (reserved at 2020 rates and adjusted once announced), you can get on the books already well into 2021.

Room only btw. If you want a package, make a room only reservation NOW and when rates are announced, THEN convert it to a package.

Bama Ed

Just booked may 22- may 29 2021 yesterday. 484 days to go!
Also going for the first time this year may 23- may 30. I booked it way early also
Excellent; welcome to the forum.
What kind of site did you reserve and what type of camper do you have? Or is this a tent expedition? No matter what, you will enjoy it, I'm sure.

D.morrow I was curious if that was peek time when you booked for May 2021 or a Value time ? We will be booking sometime next month for May 2021 hope they still have available then :)

D.morrow I was curious if that was peek time when you booked for May 2021 or a Value time ? We will be booking sometime next month for May 2021 hope they still have available then :)

My thread regarding 2020 rates can be projected to 2021.

Allowing for the natural calendar rhythm of course (and I have been at the Fort in late May) it's warm.

Look at the 2020 rates in this thread and project them forward (and add about 5%).

2020 Rates Here

Bama Ed

PS - HINT = May ain't Value time.

Last edited:
Excellent; welcome to the forum.
What kind of site did you reserve and what type of camper do you have? Or is this a tent expedition? No matter what, you will enjoy it, I'm sure.
Hello! Thanks! We reserved a premium site and requested loop 1300. After watching a lot of YouTube it seems like it may fit us the best. We have a 33 ft pioneer pull behind

Thanks for the welcome ed!

We booked premium and paid 183 for 5/28, 180 for 5/22 and 156 for 5/23, 24, 25, 26, 27. Grand total of 1285.88

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter