can a 21 day ticket be used for 22 days?

I don't have free dining, I'm DVC, so that isn't the reason.

Actually, I've just found you can check this yourself right now in the MDE app as long as you have already purchased the tickets (and linked them to MDE). This does not work on the website, you need to use the phone app. Open the app and tap your avatar icon at bottom and then tap "My Tickets". You will see "21-Day Ticket. 22 days remaining". That should put this one to rest - you get 22 days on the UK ticket :)

well that's disturbing..
i did what you said, and sure enough, it says "valid through" - and it gives our check out day of our package...which in our case is only day 19...
because we have a separate reservation for the last 2 days that isn't part of the original UK package..
but the ticket is for 21 days, so it damn well better be good for 21 days and not for 19!!

but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it..
but that answered my question in a way, i'd better not play with that first day..

What is it about this UK forum where people appear to have an agenda to prove others wrong.
By no means do I consider myself a Disney expert despite the fact I have been visiting WDW for around 40 years, longer than many posters have been alive.
I am a DVC member and have been since the mid nineties and fluctuate between points trips or packages depending on time of year, numbe of travellers etc.
FYI my last free dining package was August 2016 and prior to that April 2016. We had 14 day tickets which were valid from day of check in and could not be moved.

I was answering the OP with MY experience, I am sure she is more than capable of accepting the information or finding out for herself from an official source.

well that's disturbing..
i did what you said, and sure enough, it says "valid through" - and it gives our check out day of our package...which in our case is only day 19...
because we have a separate reservation for the last 2 days that isn't part of the original UK package..
but the ticket is for 21 days, so it damn well better be good for 21 days and not for 19!!

but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it..
but that answered my question in a way, i'd better not play with that first day..

I have "Valid Through" on mine too - but I have a separate bit that says "22 Days Remaining". If you PM me a screenshot (and cover up name etc) I can check you're in the right place if you like.

What is it about this UK forum where people appear to have an agenda to prove others wrong.
I was answering the OP with MY experience, I am sure she is more than capable of accepting the information or finding out for herself from an official source.

I'm not having a go and I can't think what possible agenda you think I have other than trying to help people get the maximum out of the holiday they have paid for. I don't want people put off on information I know is no longer correct and subsequently not using an extra day they are entitled to. I know this because I have actually used my tickets for 22 days, on several occasions, under many different circumstances (free dining, paid dining, DVC, etc). I have another trip coming up this October, and the MDE app says "22 days remaining" as expected. I have never seen or heard of any Ultimate ticket holder reporting they were actually declined this additional day. It all centres around confusion on the way the app and website display the data differently. ALL Ultimate ticket holders, since at least 2015, will get the +1 day, regardless of package purchased (or even standalone tickets).

Last edited:

I have "Valid Through" on mine too - but I have a separate bit that says "22 Days Remaining". If you PM me a screenshot (and cover up name etc) I can check you're in the right place if you like.

it's ok...i remember reading on this board that people had a glitch with their tickets when their package ended but the CMs were able to resolve it right away..
i'm assuming that's what's going to happen....
it is a 21 day ticket after all....so at the very least, it has to be valid for 21 days....

i'll make sure no one goes into the parks on arrival day....no need to play with fire...

if i recall correctly, our flight arrives at around 1:30 pm....after traveling for over 24 hours, i'm sure we will all be half dead, at least..
and then we have to rent a car...some of us will go in the car, the rest on ME...
then check in..
then rent the second car at the disney car care center (DS doesn't want to drive from the airport and who can blame him...i'm the only one fool enough to volunteer for that challenge after being awake for 36 hours)..
then we'll make a winn dixie and walgreens run...
then dinner...
by then i'm sure we'll all be more than willing to fall into bed...more like collapse into bed... :)

again, regarding the original question, it DID work for us back in 20

it's ok...i remember reading on this board that people had a glitch with their tickets when their package ended but the CMs were able to resolve it right away..
i'm assuming that's what's going to happen....
it is a 21 day ticket after all....so at the very least, it has to be valid for 21 days....

i'll make sure no one goes into the parks on arrival day....no need to play with fire...

if i recall correctly, our flight arrives at around 1:30 pm....after traveling for over 24 hours, i'm sure we will all be half dead, at least..
and then we have to rent a car...some of us will go in the car, the rest on ME...
then check in..
then rent the second car at the disney car care center (DS doesn't want to drive from the airport and who can blame him...i'm the only one fool enough to volunteer for that challenge)..
then we'll make a winn dixie and walgreens run...
then dinner...
by then i'm sure we'll all be more than willing to fall into bed...more like collapse into bed... :)

Yes package end date can cause all sorts of weirdness to happen with the way stuff is displayed (and also break the 180+10 ADR stuff etc). You'll be good though, so if you have the energy, you can go to the park on day 1 :D

Yes package end date can cause all sorts of weirdness to happen with the way stuff is displayed (and also break the 180+10 ADR stuff etc). You'll be good though, so if you have the energy, you can go to the park on day 1 :D

DD and DSIL probably will go in on arrival evening....
DSIL needs a DAS, and DD doesn't want to take the time in the morning to obtain it (as it takes a while to do)...
so if they do decide to get it on arrival evening, they'll be able to test the theory for us... :)

DD and DSIL probably will go in on arrival evening....
DSIL needs a DAS, and DD doesn't want to take the time in the morning to obtain it (as it takes a while to do)...
so if they do decide to get it on arrival evening, they'll be able to test the theory for us... :).

I'm sure you'll have a great time! :D

I haven't tried this since 2010 but then we had 14 day ultimate tickets and used them for 15 days, arrival day and departure day. Not generally an issue we grapple with but as we were at the Beach Club we (potentially stupidly) went into France to watch Illumibations on arrival day. We are back at the Beach Club for 2017 and I can't decide wether to take the risk again. We will definitely want to use them on day 15 so I'll likely not risk it. DHFamily can you please post back if the 22 day test works for you? Many thanks.

I believe this does not apply to the tickets purchased with the package. They have a 'valid from' date which is check in day.
I have previously requested to change the valid from date but have never been able to do this.
I am talking about free dining packages.
Tickets bought separately are valid for 7, 14, 21 days from their first use.

There is absolutely no difference between a 21 days ticket purchased alone and a 21 days ticket as part of a package (free dining or not)

The only restriction is that the package ticket cannot be used prior to check in (the reason you were refused the date change and why it says "not valid before"))
But they do not have to be used or activated on check in day

As soon as you've checked in, your tickets become regular tickets, same as those purchased alone
You could even not use them on the package trip and keep them for another trip the same year before they expire on december 31st

So to make it simple a 21 days ticket is a 21 days ticket
The difference is that standalone rickets can be used right away, and package tickets can't be used before check in (but do not start:on check in day, they only start upon first:park entry)
Other than that, they're the same tickets

Last edited:
I haven't tried this since 2010 but then we had 14 day ultimate tickets and used them for 15 days, arrival day and departure day. Not generally an issue we grapple with but as we were at the Beach Club we (potentially stupidly) went into France to watch Illumibations on arrival day. We are back at the Beach Club for 2017 and I can't decide wether to take the risk again. We will definitely want to use them on day 15 so I'll likely not risk it. DHFamily can you please post back if the 22 day test works for you? Many thanks.

we're going in august, return at the very end....i will definitely post our experience...
hope it's in time for your holiday...

There is absolutely no difference between a 21 days ticket purchased alone and a 21 days ticket as part of a package (free dining or not)

The only restriction is that the package ticket cannot be used prior to check in (the reason you were refused the date change and why it says "not valid before"))
But they do not have to be used or activated on check in day

As soon as you've checked in, your tickets become regular tickets, same as those purchased alone
You could even not use them on the package trip and keep them for another trip the same year before they expire on december 31st

So to make it simple a 21 days ticket is a 21 days ticket
The difference is that standalone rickets can be used right away, and package tickets can't be used before check in (but do not start:on check in day, they only start upon first:park entry)
Other than that, they're the same tickets

Wonderful to have an expert....

OK, i've read the entire thread but i'm probably being a bit dense still.

I have no dining or reservation 'package'. I made the hotel reservation separately from the ticket purchase.

MDE says I have 22 days remaining on my ticket. So that is DEFINITELY 22 days full park access and not 21?

That would be amazing, we are there for 24 nights and planned to spend the first 2 days at Universal......would be nice if we can make that 1 ;-)

Dene

well then if it says you have 22 days remaining, presumably it doesn't lie and you indeed have 22 days remaining!! pretty cool! :)

I'm still confused - but that's nothing new

so I've got a 14 day pass for the price of 7, would be great if I could get into the Park the first day and the last day (15 days) but as I said previously don't want to chance it if there could potentially be a problem as going on the last morning before my flight is important to me.

Was wondering if should email Disney (or Virgin who I'm getting my ticket through) for clarification as at least then if they say it's okay and I get stopped I can wack out my email.

Although it would be great if we could :thumbsup2 it means I can sort out my son DAS pass at the IG on the first night before a full day.

I know I can sort it out there without even going in; but if I take him to the entrance he is going to want to enter and I'm not getting into that hot mess :eek:

I'm still confused - but that's nothing new

so I've got a 14 day pass for the price of 7, would be great if I could get into the Park the first day and the last day (15 days) but as I said previously don't want to chance it if there could potentially be a problem as going on the last morning before my flight is important to me.

Was wondering if should email Disney (or Virgin who I'm getting my ticket through) for clarification as at least then if they say it's okay and I get stopped I can wack out my email.

Although it would be great if we could :thumbsup2 it means I can sort out my son DAS pass at the IG on the first night before a full day.

I know I can sort it out there without even going in; but if I take him to the entrance he is going to want to enter and I'm not getting into that hot mess :eek:

when you say IG, do you mean international gateway?
i thought you have to go into guest services inside the park for the DAS...

when you say IG, do you mean international gateway?
i thought you have to go into guest services inside the park for the DAS..

Yep they have a Guest services window outside the International Gateway and you get you DAS passes from there.

It's were we got my son's on the last trip as Epcot was our first day and it was EMH so we got the pass at around 7.30am ish - the CM was so amazing especially as my Son won't look at camera so taking the picture was full lol

Yep they have a Guest services window outside the International Gateway and you get you DAS passes from there.

It's were we got my son's on the last trip as Epcot was our first day and it was EMH so we got the pass at around 7.30am ish - the CM was so amazing especially as my Son won't look at camera so taking the picture was full lol

that's so good to know..
that's one of our issues about going in the first evening as well...
i never knew they had guest services at IG...
but then again, it's been years and years since we stayed in one of those resorts...

Just to let you all know, whether this helps or not I don't know and I've also not been keeping up with the info being posted here, but I emailed Disney Travel UK with the following question:

Hello,

I have a 14 day for the price of 7 ticket and am staying at Pop Century for 14 nights. Including the day I arrive and the day I leave, this means I'll be there for 15 days. If I wanted to go into the parks on the day I arrive and the day I leave would my ticket cover this? Conversely, if I didn't want to go into the parks on the day I arrive but wanted to every day until (and including) the day I leave, would I still be covered, or is the ticket valid from my arrival date?

Thanks

They responded:

Dear Matt,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney Travel Co. UK.

You ultimate theme park ticket starts the day you decide to walk into one of the Disney theme parks and then you have 14 days starting from the first day of use.

Should you have additional questions or require further assistance please do not hesitate to call our Disney experts on 0800 169 0730

Kind Regards,

Whether this is contradictory to anything else anyone has posted I don't know, but I thought I'd let you all know their response anyway.

Dear Matt,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney Travel Co. UK.

You ultimate theme park ticket starts the day you decide to walk into one of the Disney theme parks and then you have 14 days starting from the first day of use.

Should you have additional questions or require further assistance please do not hesitate to call our Disney experts on 0800 169 0730

Kind Regards,

Whether this is contradictory to anything else anyone has posted I don't know, but I thought I'd let you all know their response anyway.

That is an exact copy and paste of the Ticket terms on the UK site - the issue is that the wording is ambiguous... They could reword this to be much clearer if indeed all you had was 14 days in the park, e.g. it could say:-

"You ultimate theme park ticket starts the day you decide to walk into one of the Disney theme parks and you have 14 days starting on the first day of use"

However, the way they have worded it suggests you have 14 days following the first day of use. As above, if you look in MDE, it will tell you have many days are remaining - my 21 day tickets for October show 22 days remaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!