can a 21 day ticket be used for 22 days?

I still felt that it was fairly vague and ambiguous too, just wanted to relay what they sent me as it popped up in my emails.

i think this all stems from a problem they have.....although i don't know why they have it...why not just call it a 15 day ticket (or 22 day ticket)...
not sure why they insist on calling it a 14 day...

after all, they sell you a 14 night holiday...
so you arrive at WDW...
on the day you arrive, naturally, you go into one of the parks...
and then you keep going in until you leave...including the day you check out....since after all, your meal plan includes that last day..
so how could they sell you a 14 night package and not let that ticket cover you on arrival day and departure day...(14 nights = 15 days)...
they sort of painted themselves into a corner..
so they call it a 14 day ticket..
and they try to ambiguously say it's good for 14 days, but in reality it's good for 15 days...
but they keep it ambiguous....
in truth i don't know why they do that...
just call a spade a spade and say it's a 15 / 22 day ticket...instead of all this nonsense...

after all, they sell you a 14 night holiday...

well, no, not necessarily

Ticket length is not tied to length of stay, and inversely

it's true that many people will have 14 nights stay, especially those who book with TAs where you sometimes don't really have a choice

but you could book a 10 nights free dining package with 14 days tickets, and you could book a 18 nights package with the 14 days tickets, or even the 21 days.
Many here who do split stays will book 7 nights package with 14 days tickets, and use the remaining 7 days of park while staying offsite or at another resort on room only bookings.

there is no relation between the number of nights booked, and the length of the tickets included in the package (unlike at disneyland paris)

your meal plan includes that last day..

it does not. Your meal entitlements are valid until the end of your check out day, but meal plans are based on the number of nights.
a 14 nights stay gets the guest 14 "days" of meal plan entitlements, when they actually spend 15 days onsite.

well, no, not necessarily

Ticket length is not tied to length of stay, and inversely

it's true that many people will have 14 nights stay, especially those who book with TAs where you sometimes don't really have a choice

but you could book a 10 nights free dining package with 14 days tickets, and you could book a 18 nights package with the 14 days tickets, or even the 21 days.
Many here who do split stays will book 7 nights package with 14 days tickets, and use the remaining 7 days of park while staying offsite or at another resort on room only bookings.

there is no relation between the number of nights booked, and the length of the tickets included in the package (unlike at disneyland paris)

it does not. Your meal entitlements are valid until the end of your check out day, but meal plans are based on the number of nights.
a 14 nights stay gets the guest 14 "days" of meal plan entitlements, when they actually spend 15 days onsite.

as i said, you can use your meal plan until midnight of your check out day...

you're correct that you only get 14 days of credits - but you can use them over 15 days, including your check in and check out days..

they market those 14 night packages very hard...
they push 14 nights and 21 nights....
and advertise very hard that you can book a 14 night package together with a 14 day ultimate ticket...

obviously you can book whatever length holiday you want, up to and including 21 days, which is the longest package disneyuk will sell you...

but those 14 and 21 night packages, have you at the parks for 15 and 22 days....
and i assume it's that reason that some suit somewhere figured out they'd better have those tickets lasting through the last day of the package - which is actually the 15th and 22nd days..

and that's especially true of the 21 night package (the one they originally sold me in fact)....

and now i think i've answered my own question..

so we'll give it a go, and let you know if it works or not...
the worst that can happen is i have to fork over a (not so) small fortune to buy a one day ticket... :rolleyes:

you're correct that you only get 14 days of credits - but you can use them over 15 days, including your check in and check out days..

you might have nailed it here

14 days of credit, that can be used over 15 days, from check in to check out
this means that, if you use your credits on both check in and check out day, and use the same number of credits each day, you'll need to skip one day (or pay OOP for 1 day of food) during the stay.

now this sounds pretty much like the 14 days tickets that can be used over 15 days, with the need to skip one park day if you wish to use them on both check in and check out days

If you draw the parallel, it starts to make sense.

you might have nailed it here

14 days of credit, that can be used over 15 days, from check in to check out
this means that, if you use your credits on both check in and check out day, and use the same number of credits each day, you'll need to skip one day (or pay OOP for 1 day of food) during the stay.

now this sounds pretty much like the 14 days tickets that can be used over 15 days, with the need to skip one park day if you wish to use them on both check in and check out days

If you draw the parallel, it starts to make sense.

it seems the ticket question has been answered..
my question was whether the 15/22 day use still holds true...
back in 2013, we used our 14 day tickets for 15 days.....
my question was, does it still work that way..

based on what others have posted ("22 days remaining"), it would seem it still works..

as i said, i'll check it out in august and let you all know whether it's still true or not..

we didn't put it to the test..
we were so exhausted on arrival day that we didn't go into the parks at all...
we were barely coherent..
and the resort didn't help the situation by giving us rooms that were not anywhere near each other, instead of next to each other as had been requested..
and the two reservations were linked, so they're basically idiots that they screwed up that way...

we spent the better part of 3 hours fighting the front desk to get us a closer room....

finally they agreed to give us a room that was about 8 doors away on saturday (we arrived on thursday)..
still not next door, but much much better than what they'd originally given us..

not very user friendly of them, when we were going to be there for 22 nights....

that thursday and friday were difficult with the rooms so far apart...
and then moving everything on saturday was also not very pleasant..

we ended up losing a good part of two days because of their incompetence..

it didn't ruin our holiday though...

thankfully, almost all the cast members we encountered in the parks were incredibly great..

just not the front desk at SSR....

oh no, how disapointing. We will be staying at SSR next summer, hope we don't have too many issues. They were really good last time, but you can get unlucky

oh no, how disapointing. We will be staying at SSR next summer, hope we don't have too many issues. They were really good last time, but you can get unlucky

we liked the resort a lot, other than the nasty manager at the front desk..
although he finally gave in.....he had to in the end....there was no way they could legitimately claim what had been done was correct...

we were one family of 8 in two 2 bedroom villas....our son, daughter in law, and 1 and 3 year old grandchildren were in the other room....how are the kids supposed to go over to see grandma, grandpa and their aunt and uncle half a world away from them?

and the reservations were linked....certainly in my MDE they were from the very start, without my having to do anything..

and it was in the request that the rooms be as close as possible, preferably next door or across the hall...

the killer was having to fight with the manager for hours..
and then having to come back the next day, when suddenly it was as if the agreement was off and we had to fight with them again...

once we moved on saturday it was smooth sailing...
but we were very unimpressed by the front desk...

the rest of the resort is fantastic...
we loved the pools..
and we loved the community hall CMs!! they were really outstanding....i would stay at SSR just for all the events held by the community hall!

oh and the CMs in the food court/store were also wonderful....really nice!!!

so our only complaint was the front desk....(and the not so great housekeeping)....
but you don't have much contact with the front desk so that's ok..

also the CMs at the entrance gate are totally sweet!! all of them!!!

and the lifeguards are excellent! best on property....so professional....i was very impressed by them!!

and as i said, the community hall CMs were amazing!! best activities CMs we've encountered at any disney resort

and again, in the food court too....the chefs and the cashiers...all really nice..

Thanks, hopefully no issues for us but it sounds like a lot of hassle for you considering the cost of the 2 bedroom villas!

We will be there 16 days/nights and I am half thinking of upgrading the ticket

I could upgrade to 21 day ticket I think it would be 130 gbp cost and possibly amendment fee that they charge now.
I could try the 15 days, entering the park 14 days and having day off in the middle
We could have rest day on day one as last time we burned out really quick as the long haul is really tiring

But if I have to upgrade to get one extra day only at 130 gbp plus the price of change 50 gpb that's 180 - we can get 1 day ticket for somewhere else with that.

does the 14 day ticket expire 14 days after the first use?
i can't remember how it works..
if it's like that, then you would run out of ticket before your holiday is over...

We had the free dining package earlier this year with a 14 day ticket. We stayed at WDW for 6 nights, had a 7 night cruise, then returned to WDW for 1 last night before a late flight home the following day.
We arrived on a Sunday, did not go to a park. First used the tickets on the Monday. After the cruise we used the tickets on both the Saturday and Sunday, so days 14 and 15 of our stay, but only day 14 since first ticket use.

I send Disney UK an email with my dates to confirm exactly and will update after I get reply. I still don't find it very clear to be honest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter