Can a person be registered to two rooms at once?

figmentedfollies

Mouseketeer
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I figured I would explain the situation before I make assumptions.

My friend and I are planning a short trip during spring break. Her son would be down there before us as part of a school trip. They will be staying onsite at one of the All-Stars. We would be coming in the night before we are due to pick him up and staying onsite at one of the Moderates. The original plan was to have him listed on the hotel room for the entirety of our stay, but then I realized he will have to access his room at the All-Stars and Disney's system likely isn't set up for overlapping reservations.

We would be doing a room only reservation, so there is no dining plans to worry about. Would the easiest thing to go down to the front desk on the day he joins us to add him to the room?

How would this affect Fastpass selection? Would I be able to make selections for him (provided he has the correct number of days on his ticket) as he will be staying at one of the All-Stars before he's part of our Moderate reservation?

If he is listed on your MDE account and you can see his tickets then you will be able to make fp selections for him when your window opens. If he has Magic My way tickets or tickets that you can't see in your account then you won't be able to do it.

And you can add him to your room on the day he joins you. That way his Magic Band will always work for whatever room he is staying in.

If he is listed on your MDE account and you can see his tickets then you will be able to make fp selections for him when your window opens. If he has Magic My way tickets or tickets that you can't see in your account then you won't be able to do it.

And you can add him to your room on the day he joins you. That way his Magic Band will always work for whatever room he is staying in.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Now we just have to wait to get his ticket information and set up MDE.

To answer your main question, yes, you can be a registered guest in 2 rooms at once.
I have done it myself twice.
Now, your band will only open 1 door at a time but I have been the lead, registered guest, and paid for, 2 rooms at a time.
I just stopped at the desk to have them set the systems to ensure my band opened the room I needed access to as I needed it. I know that sounds confusing but rather than going through the long story of the dynamics of those trips it's the easier way to say it. The CM at the desk can look at the numbers on the band, check something (I'm not sure exactly what) in their computer and confirm that the band can open the door at that resort. It worked like a charm.

To answer your main question, yes, you can be a registered guest in 2 rooms at once.
I have done it myself twice.
Now, your band will only open 1 door at a time but I have been the lead, registered guest, and paid for, 2 rooms at a time.
I just stopped at the desk to have them set the systems to ensure my band opened the room I needed access to as I needed it. I know that sounds confusing but rather than going through the long story of the dynamics of those trips it's the easier way to say it. The CM at the desk can look at the numbers on the band, check something (I'm not sure exactly what) in their computer and confirm that the band can open the door at that resort. It worked like a charm.

This is great to know for future trips, thank you! However, since the person with overlapping stays is a 16 year old boy who is at Disney for the first time, I'm probably going to go the 'add him the second night' route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts