Can any card in the party be used to charge DDP meals?

schatterjee

Mouseketeer
Not sure that makes sense, but I'm wondering will all of our cards be able to charge a meal? Mine, DH, DSs or just one of them will have that ability - or do you specify at check-in?

Just curious?

When DH and I went in September, all of the dining and snack credits were put on both of our cards, so we only used one when dining....

I think the 'default setting' is to allow all adults to have charging privileges and to ask if you want the kids to have it, too. You should be able to specify another combination if it'd work better for you.

Related question on charging.... can you deal with DDP privileges and room-charging privileges separately? As in... could I allow DD to have the ability to charge meals, but not souvenirs or vice versa?

schatterjee said:
Not sure that makes sense, but I'm wondering will all of our cards be able to charge a meal? Mine, DH, DSs or just one of them will have that ability - or do you specify at check-in?

Just curious?

Yup, as 4Disney said, specify at check-in. One thing that worked for us is to have the dining-credits available to the kids' cards, but dining and charging/shopping privileges on the adult cards. The dining plan was still new-ish and there was a bit of confusion on it by CMs (as noted on the dis-boards before we went). It just made me more comfortable to pay the dining credits with one of the kid's cards...that way I knew there would be no confusion about whether the meals were being charged to the dining-plan vs. being charged as $$ to the room. :)

(edited to add... PezPam, Yup! :teeth: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter