Can I combine transfer points with my own points?

cheesemouse

DIS Veteran
Hi - I am thinking of buying some OKW transfer points. It's towards the bottom of the list of where I want to stay for an upcoming race weekend. So what I'm wondering is if at the 7 month mark, could I use the transfer points and a few of my own BLT points to book another resort (pending availability obviously)? They would be different use years. My guess is no, I can't do that. Thanks for the help - I've never done a point transfer before.

Thanks!

Transferred points retain their home resort and UY. If the two UY's cover the stay dates you can use the points. Expect issues, most CM's don't know how to use transferred points for reservations.

:earsboy: Bill

Hi - I am thinking of buying some OKW transfer points. It's towards the bottom of the list of where I want to stay for an upcoming race weekend. So what I'm wondering is if at the 7 month mark, could I use the transfer points and a few of my own BLT points to book another resort (pending availability obviously)? They would be different use years. My guess is no, I can't do that. Thanks for the help - I've never done a point transfer before.

Thanks!
As noted, as long as the reservation needed fits for the UY of the points in question, you can. But you'll have to call to do so thus losing out on the 8 am window 7 months out.

Thanks everyone! I ended up transferring a different set of points that match my home resort so all is well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter