Can I do a Celebrity cruise trip report here?

At the end of the day, you need to pick what you can afford and will make you happiest.
However, if you are interested in a comparison, this is mine:

I have been on both Disney and Celebrity and from a sole ship perspective, I preferred Disney. But, Disney is super expensive and their itineraries are limited, so for that reason, I am happy to keep using other cruise lines.

Itinerary options, price, food, onboard entertainment and ship decor are my top considerations and Celebrity win easily for the first 3 (I was completely underwhelmed by Disney’s food).
For entertainment, Disney’s night shows are better as are their kid activities, but adult activities outside of the evening shows are fairly similar (aka limited) and a weakness of both lines.
For decor, Disney wins. Their ships are extremely elegant with every detail thought out, right down to the cabins. However, while I view Disney’s decor as 5 Star, Celebrity is not far behind at 4 star.

I’m not sure which Disney cruise you are considering, but if Celebrity is offering a better and longer itinerary for a cheaper price, I would consider it. We are doing 2 weeks to the Southern Caribbean (the Caribbean ports that appeal to me most) on the Reflection with a drink and wifi package thrown in.
At the time of booking, I priced up Disney and I could get a one week Western cruise for about the same price. While my husband would have loved to have done Star Wars at sea, it was otherwise a no brainer to pick Celebrity.

At the end of the day, you need to pick what you can afford and will make you happiest.
However, if you are interested in a comparison, this is mine:

I have been on both Disney and Celebrity and from a sole ship perspective, I preferred Disney. But, Disney is super expensive and their itineraries are limited, so for that reason, I am happy to keep using other cruise lines.

Itinerary options, price, food, onboard entertainment and ship decor are my top considerations and Celebrity win easily for the first 3 (I was completely underwhelmed by Disney’s food).
For entertainment, Disney’s night shows are better as are their kid activities, but adult activities outside of the evening shows are fairly similar (aka limited) and a weakness of both lines.
For decor, Disney wins. Their ships are extremely elegant with every detail thought out, right down to the cabins. However, while I view Disney’s decor as 5 Star, Celebrity is not far behind at 4 star.

I’m not sure which Disney cruise you are considering, but if Celebrity is offering a better and longer itinerary for a cheaper price, I would consider it. We are doing 2 weeks to the Southern Caribbean (the Caribbean ports that appeal to me most) on the Reflection with a drink and wifi package thrown in.
At the time of booking, I priced up Disney and I could get a one week Western cruise for about the same price. While my husband would have loved to have done Star Wars at sea, it was otherwise a no brainer to pick Celebrity.
That's a really great comparison. Right now I'm debating between a two week cruise that goes to Ireland and Iceland for Celebrity or a week long Disney cruise that goes to Amsterdam, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. (or potentially the British Isle cruise if we can change dates) It's definitely a lot more expensive going with Disney. If we do that we are adding a week trip to Paris. It's a hard decision, especially since I don't think we could do a two week cruise again for a really long time.

That's a really great comparison. Right now I'm debating between a two week cruise that goes to Ireland and Iceland for Celebrity or a week long Disney cruise that goes to Amsterdam, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. (or potentially the British Isle cruise if we can change dates) It's definitely a lot more expensive going with Disney. If we do that we are adding a week trip to Paris. It's a hard decision, especially since I don't think we could do a two week cruise again for a really long time.

I’ve googled and I think I’ve found the itineraries you are referring to and they both look really appealing.
I see that Celebrity does a couple of overnighters which is nice as it gives you a chance to explore a location in more detail and perhaps enjoy a nice dinner out at a local restaurant.
We have an overnight stop on our cruise in Aruba, which I’m really looking forward to.

Both cruises are relatively port intensive which I think is a good thing, as I wouldn’t pay top dollar for a European cruise if I just wanted to enjoy a ship. I could do that on a cruise much closer to home. So bear the number of seas days in mind when making conparisons. The less time you spend on a ship, the less important the ship amenities become. Also, the more important it is that you proritise money for desirable port excursions.

Up until now, we have done mostly week long cruises. We always find that we hit peak relaxation about days 4 and 5, only to be rudely awoken from it on day 6 when it is time to start packing our bags. I can’t wait to try a cruise that will run for 2 weeks. However, if relaxation is not a top priority, you may prefer a week long cruise paired with a week long land vacation, since it adds some variety to your trip.

Lastly, does your Celebrity booking include any perks - particularly the drink package? It really is a nice perk to have.

P.S. I should mention that my favourite all time cruise happened to be on my least favourite ship (the Costa Victoria).

I fell in love with Croatia and the Greek Islands and all 7 stops on that week long cruise were magical. So much so that I forgave all the things I didn’t like about the ship, including the claustrophobic inside cabin.

I’m just mentioning that because I saw that you are worried about being disappointed by another line. As long as you pick ports that excite you, you are likely to have a wonderful time regardless.

I’ve googled and I think I’ve found the itineraries you are referring to and they both look really appealing.
I see that Celebrity does a couple of overnighters which is nice as it gives you a chance to explore a location in more detail and perhaps enjoy a nice dinner out at a local restaurant.
We have an overnight stop on our cruise in Aruba, which I’m really looking forward to.

Both cruises are relatively port intensive which I think is a good thing, as I wouldn’t pay top dollar for a European cruise if I just wanted to enjoy a ship. I could do that on a cruise much closer to home. So bear the number of seas days in mind when making conparisons. The less time you spend on a ship, the less important the ship amenities become. Also, the more important it is that you proritise money for desirable port excursions.

Up until now, we have done mostly week long cruises. We always find that we hit peak relaxation about days 4 and 5, only to be rudely awoken from it on day 6 when it is time to start packing our bags. I can’t wait to try a cruise that will run for 2 weeks. However, if relaxation is not a top priority, you may prefer a week long cruise paired with a week long land vacation, since it adds some variety to your trip.

Lastly, does your Celebrity booking include any perks - particularly the drink package? It really is a nice perk to have.
Our cruise did include the drink package, but we aren't big drinkers and would have to upgrade it to the higher level to get any use out of it. I did like the overnight ports.

That's interesting you mention the cruise you least liked being your favorite itinerary. I was actually looking at a cruise that went to Croatia that looked really cool, but I didn't like the boat so we decided against it. Maybe for a future trip we'll do that one.

I think we've pretty much made up our minds that we are going to switch to the Disney cruise. When we had first started planning I had tried really hard to fit Paris in and this is the only way we can do that. I think we'll definitely try Celebrity in the future, just not for the honeymoon. But thank you for all your advice it was really helpful.

Hard to argue against a honeymoon in Paris. Have you been?
No I haven't, but I've wanted to go forever. I really want to see Versailles too. Our plan is to go there, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and the Louvre, and then eat some delicious French food.

Enjoy. Pleased you have made a decision you are happy with.
The great thing I find about asking for advice on a forum is that you find yourself either agreeing or disagreeing with people’s responses. Even though your head has been diligently weighing up the pros and cons of every option, it’s at that point that you find yourself liking some responses more than others, that you start realising what your heart wants to do.

No I haven't, but I've wanted to go forever. I really want to see Versailles too. Our plan is to go there, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and the Louvre, and then eat some delicious French food.
Pretty good plan. Look into the Museum Pass if you're thinking about doing a few other museums.

Enjoy. Pleased you have made a decision you are happy with.
The great thing I find about asking for advice on a forum is that you find yourself either agreeing or disagreeing with people’s responses. Even though your head has been diligently weighing up the pros and cons of every option, it’s at that point that you find yourself liking some responses more than others, that you start realising what your heart wants to do.
That is very true and it was helpful asking for opinions here (especially since my Fiance just kept telling me he'd be happy with anything and that was it lol)

Pretty good plan. Look into the Museum Pass if you're thinking about doing a few other museums.
What museums would you recommend?

What museums would you recommend?
- Musee D'Orsay is probably a cliche one to say, but it really does have an impressive collection of artwork. I'm not super into art, but I really liked this place.
- Arc de Triomphe is also a cliche one, but it's iconic.
- Saint-Chapelle is beautiful with all the stained glass
- The Crypt is interesting. It's right at Notre Dame anyway, so if you go there you might as well check it out.
- Picasso museum has, well, duh. I went before it expanded, so can't really speak on it now. Would guess it has more artwork on display?
- Rodin museum has a few famous sculptures like The Thinker. Didn't go due to time constraints.

- Musee D'Orsay is probably a cliche one to say, but it really does have an impressive collection of artwork. I'm not super into art, but I really liked this place.
- Arc de Triomphe is also a cliche one, but it's iconic.
- Saint-Chapelle is beautiful with all the stained glass
- The Crypt is interesting. It's right at Notre Dame anyway, so if you go there you might as well check it out.
- Picasso museum has, well, duh. I went before it expanded, so can't really speak on it now. Would guess it has more artwork on display?
- Rodin museum has a few famous sculptures like The Thinker. Didn't go due to time constraints.
Thanks! I'll add these to the list :)

That's really nice!

It looks like we're going back on Celebrity via the Silhouette this November for a 12-nighter in the Caribbean; this time we'll be in uncharted territories as it's the Southern itinerary. Note to self: no spa surcharge needed (~$230.00), Grand Curvee' main dining room moves down a notch in priority, and can't wait to test my snorkel camera/equipment again!

I'll try to give a more detailed TR as I'm going to load myself with a "real" camera this time and not the smartphone variety.

Glad you decided to forge ahead with DCL; I wish you and your new husband the best travels! But, we expect to see some good photos and details of your trip! Seriously, best endeavors.

I'll try to give a more detailed TR as I'm going to load myself with a "real" camera this time and not the smartphone variety.
I would like to read a TR of your trip :)

Glad you decided to forge ahead with DCL; I wish you and your new husband the best travels! But, we expect to see some good photos and details of your trip! Seriously, best endeavors.
Thank you :) I am really excited about the trip and we are actually trying to plan a trip to go to Iceland in May for my birthday so I might still be able to fit that in. I definitely plan on doing a trip report so you should check it out :)

I would like to read a TR of your trip :)

Thank you :) I am really excited about the trip and we are actually trying to plan a trip to go to Iceland in May for my birthday so I might still be able to fit that in. I definitely plan on doing a trip report so you should check it out :)

All booked on the Silhouette for part II. We were able to snag another FV (family veranda) and this time I know what to visit/buy on the ship and what to avoid (just because it didn't appeal to us).

Next year, I definitely see a visit on the new Celebrity Edge; it looks right up my alley!

We are going around the Horn on Celebrity in March! It’s getting closer!:boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!