Can I do this?

3happydancers

DIS Veteran
We are planning my dd sweet 16 for next year. She is bringing a friend and my sister in law is coming. I'd like to get everyone their own studio so, one for me and dh, one for my sister in law and one for my dd and her friend. I know that an adult 18 and over has to be registered for my dd's room which would be me, but do I actually have to sleep there? The whole idea is to give the "sweet 16" girls (they are both celebrating) their own room.

An option that would also use less points, I'm pretty sure, is to get a two bedroom lockoff. That way the girls can just keep the door closed/locked but they are right next door in case something unexpected occurs and they need some parental supervison/intervention they are teenagers after all :scared1:. If you all got your own rooms, the girls could be in a room far away from you. The other parents don't have an issue with those plans?

An option that would also use less points, I'm pretty sure, is to get a two bedroom lockoff. That way the girls can just keep the door closed/locked but they are right next door in case something unexpected occurs and they need some parental supervison/intervention they are teenagers after all :scared1:. If you all got your own rooms, the girls could be in a room far away from you. The other parents don't have an issue with those plans?

I was hoping to request that our rooms be next to each other (I know this is never a given). Also, it is only one friend, both 16. The third room would be for my sister in law. A two bedroom would fit us all but my sister in law would end up in the living room and I was hoping to give her a room of her own for privacy.

I do hear your concerns but to be honest, I feel comfortable with the girls having their own room. We would be on club level at Animal Kingdom so the area is very small. The other parent does not have an issue with these plans.

I was hoping to request that our rooms be next to each other (I know this is never a given). Also, it is only one friend, both 16. The third room would be for my sister in law. A two bedroom would fit us all but my sister in law would end up in the living room and I was hoping to give her a room of her own for privacy.

I do hear your concerns but to be honest, I feel comfortable with the girls having their own room. We would be on club level at Animal Kingdom so the area is very small. The other parent does not have an issue with these plans.

There are only 5 DVC club level studios, all lockoffs. They are all very close to each other. The problem is getting 3 of the 5. Also the concierge desk can see all 5 rooms, they may notice that the girls are staying alone.

It is going to be extremely difficult to get three studios out of the five. Because if anyone booked two bedroom villas a few days before you, you are out of luck. And if you get the two pool views, the third will be the partially blocked savanna view (maybe handicap accessible) which is on the other side of the lobby from the pool view.

Three studios at OKW or SSR is a lot more likely. But at OKW they are mostly at the ends of the building, so you might be in different buildings.

You might want to get online and see what is available now for your time. You may need to walk that reservation.

I think the chance of getting 3 studios club level is about zero. You'd have a much better chance at the 2 BR so to me, you'd have to decide what's the most important issue. My suggestion would be to get a 2 BR plus a studio given your wants, preferably a lockoff studio so you'd have more options if someone backed out.

There are only 5 DVC club level studios, all lockoffs. They are all very close to each other. The problem is getting 3 of the 5. Also the concierge desk can see all 5 rooms, they may notice that the girls are staying alone.

So then I would have to stay with them, not just be registered? If this is not allowed, then I would have to take a 2 bedroom and my sister in law would sleep on the pull out in the living room.

It is going to be extremely difficult to get three studios out of the five. Because if anyone booked two bedroom villas a few days before you, you are out of luck. And if you get the two pool views, the third will be the partially blocked savanna view (maybe handicap accessible) which is on the other side of the lobby from the pool view.

Three studios at OKW or SSR is a lot more likely. But at OKW they are mostly at the ends of the building, so you might be in different buildings.

You might want to get online and see what is available now for your time. You may need to walk that reservation.

I thought I would be able to let the girls have their own room but it seems that as per rule I really would not be allowed to do this. I'd have to get a 2 bedroom. Our home is at AKL so I could book 11 months out. I was planning to do this at the exact day but maybe I should walk the reservation.

I think the chance of getting 3 studios club level is about zero. You'd have a much better chance at the 2 BR so to me, you'd have to decide what's the most important issue. My suggestion would be to get a 2 BR plus a studio given your wants, preferably a lockoff studio so you'd have more options if someone backed out.

Thanks. My home is AKL so I should be able to get something but ultimately, I think it is best to book a 2 bedroom and leave it at that. My sister in law will use the pull out in the living room. Then I don't have to worry about anyone backing out either. I'd use the 2 bedroom regardless.

Thanks for everyone's input and thoughts. For me it helps to talk this through with others more experienced at this!!!

By the way, how do you go online to see what is available?

By the way, how do you go online to see what is available?

Go to the member website and book a stay at a DVC resort.

If you own at AKV, see about booking a trip Concierge level right now for 11 months out and see what is available. Then try again tomorrow. If you are getting close to booking, as soon as you find as many days as you need, you book them. Then the next day call MS and drop the first night and add another night.

Go to the member website and book a stay at a DVC resort.

If you own at AKV, see about booking a trip Concierge level right now for 11 months out and see what is available. Then try again tomorrow. If you are getting close to booking, as soon as you find as many days as you need, you book them. Then the next day call MS and drop the first night and add another night.

Thanks a bunch:flower3::flower3::flower3:

So then I would have to stay with them, not just be registered? If this is not allowed, then I would have to take a 2 bedroom and my sister in law would sleep on the pull out in the living room.

There is supposed to be an adult 18 or over in each room.

There is supposed to be an adult 18 or over in each room.

Thanks. I thought this was the case but was hoping otherwise. This makes the decision for me. I'll have to go with a 2 bedroom and sis in law will use the pull out in the living room. I'd already promised the girls their own space because we are celebrating their "sweet 16th" birthday and wanted to make this trip special for them. That is the reason for club level as well. We could go for a standard 2 bedroom which would give me enough points for an additional studio but again, I did not want to deviate from the extras for our celebration.

Thanks for all the info and feedback from everyone. Gotta luv the boards!!!

Thanks. I thought this was the case but was hoping otherwise. This makes the decision for me. I'll have to go with a 2 bedroom and sis in law will use the pull out in the living room. I'd already promised the girls their own space because we are celebrating their "sweet 16th" birthday and wanted to make this trip special for them. That is the reason for club level as well. We could go for a standard 2 bedroom which would give me enough points for an additional studio but again, I did not want to deviate from the extras for our celebration.

Thanks for all the info and feedback from everyone. Gotta luv the boards!!!
I'm not sure it's an unworkable option. The reason behind the rule is pretty obvious. I'd say you have choices without violating any rule intent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter