"Can I Get A Hangover Steak, Please?" An Adults-Only, Irma-Rific TR! - NEW PTR Link 4/11

Yeah, I've heard that June isn't too bad too.... We'll just use FP+ wisely :) And.... has your trip already come and gone??!?! If so I need the deets!! This is what happens when I disappear for a month :rotfl2:
My trip has come and gone and then I disappeared for a month :rotfl:. It was amazing until our last full day when I got a nasty cold and my mom got food poisoning so we spent most of the day in the ER. We're already planning a make up trip hopefully in November though!

Hi!! Joining in :) totally just read your whole report while I should be sleeping. :rotfl2:

Love the fact that Tom thought Friendship day was something just that day.

I’d take Disney over Univeral anyday!

Yay for Disney in 2018!!! My husband and I are staying at the Poly with his family next January and I’m very excited.

I love NYC, I’m only about a 5 hour drive but don’t go very often. I hope you had a great time and that Haley found her dress.

Looking forward to more :cheer2:

Welcome back!!! Did you guys have so much fun in NYC?? Did your sister find a dress and more importantly, were they filming? I hope you do a mini-TR for it!

Thank you!! We had a blast!! We didn't see any cameras, but they had a little "disclaimer" up saying that we had to consent to possibly being on TV! :hyper: A girl can dream, right?? :rotfl:

You've been a busy lady! Can't wait to hear about NYC! :)

Yes I have!! I will write about it soon, promise!

I'd love to hear about your New York trip. I watch Say Yes To The Dress all the time. How was Kleinfeld's?

It was everything we thought it would be and more (and we had really high standards)! We had such a blast and it was the perfect girl's trip :)

OHHHH MAN! Kleinfelds! I can't wait to hear!

Poly was amazing. We just did a standard room, and had a view of the garden, which was a really pretty. Being on the monorail is AMAZING-as you know with GF! One night by BFF and I just rode the monorail around to the 3 mono resorts eating and drinking haha. The beds are insanelyyyyy comfortable. You will love it. I am jealous you get to go soon!!!

It was AMAZING!!

YAY great to hear all good things about Poly! I agree- being on the monorail is the best way to go- it's so convenient and you feel like you're in the middle of the action! And girl, if the beds at the Poly were anything like the GF's- I'm in for a treat ::yes::

I totally want to see dress shopping pictures!

Don't worry I'll share soon! Although I have strict orders from Haley not to show ANY pictures of her dress :rotfl:

Amazing! Welcome back. Silly life getting in the way!

Thank you so much! Yeah, I hate it when life tends to do that!! :laughing:

My trip has come and gone and then I disappeared for a month :rotfl:. It was amazing until our last full day when I got a nasty cold and my mom got food poisoning so we spent most of the day in the ER. We're already planning a make up trip hopefully in November though!

Haha, #samegirl ::yes::

OH NO... I'm so sorry you got sick and had to go to the ER, that must have been horrible.... at least it was on your last day instead of first day I guess? Although there is no positive to that situation- hopefully you get that make up trip!!

Hi!! Joining in :) totally just read your whole report while I should be sleeping. :rotfl2:

Love the fact that Tom thought Friendship day was something just that day.

I’d take Disney over Univeral anyday!

Yay for Disney in 2018!!! My husband and I are staying at the Poly with his family next January and I’m very excited.

I love NYC, I’m only about a 5 hour drive but don’t go very often. I hope you had a great time and that Haley found her dress.

Looking forward to more :cheer2:

Hi!! Welcome and so glad to have you :)

Haha, isn't Tom cute?! :rotfl:

We TOTALLY agree- Disney over Universal all the way- and YAY for going back and DOUBLE YAY for the Poly!! You guys will love it!!

June 2018 Trip Update!!

Hello hello hello!

image.gif

Ugh, I know I’ve been the absolute worst at keeping this updated. I’ve been crazy busy with work, wedding planning for Haley (Mom and I are actually jaunting off to Hilton Head Island this weekend to look at flowers :scared1: ), and other normal life things! Please bear with me :hug: I promise I will write a TR update soon, however, I figured that a June update was fitting because we are…

60 DAYS OUT!!

image.gif

So, that means I woke up at 6 AM sharp this morning to do FP+ planning! :hyper: Tom and I also booked some other things this weekend, so I thought I would share them with you too!

Since it’s been basically years since I wrote about this trip, I’ll include a trip lowdown to refresh your memories :thumbsup2

What: A trip to WDW, y’all!!

Who: Tom and Me!

When: June 7-12, 2018

Where: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort- Standard View

Why: Because we’re adults now and we can? :laughing: Haha, on a more serious note, this trip is celebrating a lot of things: my work promotion that happened back in January, Tom’s 25th birthday, and most importantly, our 4-year dating anniversary :love:

Have we grown up or what?!? :eek:

Since I’ve been so busy, this trip has kind of taken second fiddle. But, now that things have calmed down, I finally have time to make some concrete plans! Here’s how my checklist looks so far…

Hotel/Ticket Package- Booked and deposit paid, payment in full due May 8th.

ADRs- Booked! May continue to tweak but these should stay the same!

FP+ - Booked!

Flights- Booked!

Dining Plan? Nope, not this time!

Memory Maker? Not sure on this yet, but leaning towards no. #poormillenials :rotfl:

We actually just booked our flights last night! :cool2: Now, if you guys are super savvy and have great memories, you might recall that our original trip was June 8-12 (only 4 nights instead of 5). I’d been stalking the Southwest Airlines website basically every day looking for deals on flights, and I started to realize that flights from Milwaukee to Orlando on June 8th were CRAZY expensive. Just for reference- for our September 2017 trip, I was able to get direct flights for $96 one-way. For 6/8, it was showing me $350 one-way PER PERSON!

Now, you may think, just push the trip back a day and go June 7-11! But, with the travel agency we booked through, their June deal starts exactly on June 8 :charac2:

We also didn’t want to re-book any later into June, because WDW tends to get more crowded as summer progresses. So, we decided to be spontaneous and add an extra night!!
:banana:

We are leaving Milwaukee at 8:35 PM on June 7th and landing in Orlando at 12:15 AM. Then, I have us booked for a night at the Hyatt Regency at MCO so that we can get up bright and early June 8th to catch our Magical Express to the Poly!

Believe it or not, all of this actually came out cheaper than leaving a day later :confused3 For flights back, we are leaving Orlando at 8:50 PM on June 12 and getting home to Milwaukee at 10:45. Arriving early and leaving late- just how I like it! :woohoo:

The more I think about it, the happier I am to have added that extra night. I always get so paranoid that our morning flight will get delayed or we’ll sleep in by accident. Also, you never know exactly what time you will land in Orlando and get to WDW so I never know what times to make FPs , ADRS, etc. This go-around, I was able to make early fast passes with confidence since I know that Tom and I will be up and at em!

In addition to all of this, Tom’s doctor prescribes him sedatives to help his plane anxiety, and this way he will have time to sleep off any grogginess so that it doesn’t affect his time at the parks! It will be so nice and stress-free to just wake up early, grab some breakfast, and head right downstairs to DME. I’ve also always wanted to stay at this Hyatt so I’m actually really pumped to check it out! Has anyone used the Hyatt MCO for a late arrival/early departure? Let me know in the comments if you have and your opinion :goodvibes

As for our stay at the Polynesian resort, I get more and more excited every day! The vibe of this resort just screams “vacation” and seems a bit more couple-y than some of the other resorts on property :lovestruc Although I visit often, I actually haven’t stayed here since 2002 (I was 8 years old :laughing:). So much has changed since then!

We booked a Standard View, since we won’t be in the room too much. I always prefer to check-in at the desk, because I feel like it is such a great welcome to our vacation! So, I’m not putting in any specific room requests online. I’m not too concerned with the floor our room is on. I mean, I would prefer a porch or balcony but I won’t throw a fit if we get a room on floor #2 :rotfl2:

As for longhouses, I’m a bit stuck. I’ve been looking at Tikiman’s website (which is AMAZING, by the way) for suggestions as well as surfing the Resorts forum on the DIS. The view categories seem to have changed in the past few months- and the rooms with a “Pool View” have now been made an official booking category.

When I booked Standard view, I had kind of been hoping to request the Samoa longhouse at check-in, since that is where we stayed in 2002 and we loved being so close to the pool. But, this has now been changed to a pool view, so it’s out of the books. I’m kind of excited though, since I like to stay in new areas/places each trip and check them all out.

I know that I definitely want to stay on the pool side of the resort- I feel like Aotearoa, Fiji, and Tuvalu are too remote and we want to be right in the middle of the action! So, that leaves us to Rarotonga or Niue, which I will request at check-in. Has anybody stayed in either of those longhouses? If so, what did you think? I need ALLL of the advice ::yes::

Thanks for listening to my rambling! I PROMISE I will try to write a TR update this weekend- I’ll have time to write more on the plane rides!

As a parting gift, here’s a picture of my dog Bella, because she’s adorable and I love her :cutie:

60 days! That is so awesome!!! We stayed in the Fiji longhouse last year and had a view overlooking the GF and the beach (somehow it was considered standard view) - it was AWESOME! I would give anything to have that same room again, and honestly, its not off the beaten path at all! It was so quiet and relaxing over there!

I can't wait to hear about your FP, if you do end up sharing!

Bella is a cutie for sure!

It sounds like your plans are coming right along. You and Tom are too cute!

It makes perfect sense to fly out the day earlier with those rates. We usually fly Southwest also, out of Chicago. Isn't it amazing how different the rates can be day to day?

We tend to use the dining plan, but are thinking of scrapping it next trip. I enjoy when people keep track of their dining expenses and show if the dining plan is worth it. When we travel with our daughters and grandkids, we always do the character meals, so it makes sense for us. With just my husband or friends, I'm not so sure.

Bella is adorable! I just watched the movie "A Dog's Purpose" this past weekend and bawled my eyes out.

Sounds like a great trip is in the works!!!!! We stayed Tokelau and really enjoyed it!

I stayed in Samoa back in 1994! I hope to one day stay there again for Nostalgia sake. DF and I booked our flight home from our "Minnie-Moon" on Sunday. I had a $250 credit on Jet Blue from being stranded in Chicago on a work trip last month! So free money for a flight I didn't pay for to start with! Yay! We are probably taking a late flight in on November 8th and I have the Hyatt booked too so excited to see your review of it! We are FINALLY going on our Irma rescheduled cruise with a splurge at the Grand Floridian tacked on at the end. I let DF pick the hotel, I was nervous he was gonna pick All Star Sports again :rotfl:. I think you will love flying in the night before. I have done it many times and it makes things so much easier. I love being able to wake up and be on vacation verses having to travel the day of.

We stayed in Rarotonga last Sept and we loved it! It was super close to both the GCH and the bus stop, and a short walk to both pools! I would happily stay there again.

We loved Rarotonga, it was close to everything, we were on 3rd floor facing a walkway, very nice except for the screeching frogs the first few nights yikes!

So jealous that you are staying at the Poly!!!!! So, exciting!! I think any long house will be fantastic! I wouldn't sweat it too much.

GIRL! I had no idea you had a TR going ... let me tell you how excited I was to stumble upon this! I've been binge reading for the past three days :love: I love your TRs and it sounds like you had a great time despite that pesky hurricane... plus, the Polynesian in June?! YESSS!! I apologize for the amount of quoting thats about to take place, but I couldn't help myself!

Dad is definitely the foodie of the group. If it were up to him, we’d leave the parks at 4:00 every day and eat at a signature restaurant for dinner!

Ummm my dad isn't exactly a 'foodie' but he would do the same!

It’s not TECHNICALLY a Disney day, but I always love to write about the day before we leave. In my opinion, this is one of, if not THE most, exciting part of a vacation!

YES! The day before Disney is so exciting!

All I could see was post upon post about Irma, and basically stating that anyone traveling to Florida during the storm was stupid and reckless. Not cool, peeps!

UGH... debbie downers!

My manicure went great, aside from the fact that my nail tech was sick and coughing all over the place. She still did an amazing job, but all I was thinking was *PLEASEDONTGETMESICKFORDISNEYOKTHANKSBYE* :rotfl:

giphy.gif

When I got back, only my mom was home and she was watching “Intervention.” Maybe it’s the psych brain in us, but we LOVE that show!!

I love this show too! Did you watch the latest season based in Atlanta? SO. GOOD.

Our flight was practically empty, so each couple got a row to ourselves!

AMAZING

A nice lady from the line next to us snapped this picture of all of our custom shirts!

I love your shirts!

In retrospect, I think we would have liked CSR better than CBR.

Same same... CSR will always be my fav moderate... even tho I think its an unpopular opinion?

Plus, the Disney Water smell is sooooo real on this ride :cloud9:

200w.webp

On our last day of the trip, we went to Epcot and watched “Honey I Shrunk the Audience.” Now, the show was super funny and silly! But, ironically, it was the pre-show that really stuck out to me. I'm not sure what it was about it, but even at 8 years old, I was so touched by this video. Maybe it's my sensitive nature, but I teared up while watching it in the audience and still tear up when I hear it to this day

I remember this so well!! I'm pretty sure the pre show video was brought to us by Kodak? So nostalgic... ahh.

“You had me at bacon.” :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

HOLY CATS! I used to think Boma was my all-time favorite Disney breakfast, but now it is definitely tied with Crystal Palace. Everything here was so delicious! Everyone loved the buffet; especially the boys. I felt that there was a great amount of variety, and I was also happy to see lots of gluten-free options for those who can’t have gluten :goodvibes

I'm happy to hear this! We are eating at both Boma and Crystal Palace in May... its our first time for Boma breakfast (we love dinner!) and first time since 2000 for Crystal Palace

But, you guys should also let me know in the comments what your favorite area in Magic Kingdom is and why :goodvibes

That is so hard! I think overall Main STreet is my fav... specifically walking under the train station and staring straight down Main Street. Tissue please...

Oh Haley, it never gets old!

This had me in stitches :rotfl:

I would love to spend Christmas in WDW at least once in my life!

YES!

If you could (or have) stayed on Disney property during Christmas, what resort is your top choice?

Another tough question! Probably Wilderness Lodge or AKL. I've never stayed at WL but it seems very cozy, perfect for Christmas!

As of the new year, I have officially been promoted in my job :woohoo:

200w.webp

I'm so happy for you!

Now, I’m not ripping on Frozen Ever After; I had never ridden Maelstrom before they got rid of it ( I know, shocking :eek: ), so I didn’t have any emotional connections to Norway before Frozen took over.

WHAT?! Maelstrom was fabulous! Creep trolls, a drop, gah...

we decided to splurge and go with a room at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort(standard view), with 4-day park hoppers!!

:jumping1:

We booked it last weekend, and it’s official!! We will be in the World from June 8 - June 12!

SO CLOSE!!

Congrats on getting the June trip all squared away! Jealous, I had to cancel my trip this year due to some family things, first time in a long time I've gone a whole year+ without Disney.

I feel like we ended this trip report on a cliff hanger for the season finale right before the hurricane lol

60 days! That is so awesome!!! We stayed in the Fiji longhouse last year and had a view overlooking the GF and the beach (somehow it was considered standard view) - it was AWESOME! I would give anything to have that same room again, and honestly, its not off the beaten path at all! It was so quiet and relaxing over there!

I can't wait to hear about your FP, if you do end up sharing!

Bella is a cutie for sure!

Now it's 46 days :scared1: I can't believe it's already coming up so quick!!

Honestly, I had somewhat considered Fiji too because it isn't as far away, but now that they've changed the booking categories I don't know if it's considered a standard anymore?? We'll see, I mean I wouldn't be mad if they upgraded us either? :rotfl2:

I will definitely share FP and more June plans soon!

It sounds like your plans are coming right along. You and Tom are too cute!

It makes perfect sense to fly out the day earlier with those rates. We usually fly Southwest also, out of Chicago. Isn't it amazing how different the rates can be day to day?

We tend to use the dining plan, but are thinking of scrapping it next trip. I enjoy when people keep track of their dining expenses and show if the dining plan is worth it. When we travel with our daughters and grandkids, we always do the character meals, so it makes sense for us. With just my husband or friends, I'm not so sure.

Bella is adorable! I just watched the movie "A Dog's Purpose" this past weekend and bawled my eyes out.

Awww, thanks :goodvibes

Flights can be so crazy sometimes! We almost always fly Southwest- we like direct flights PLUS you don't have to pay for baggage! I'm actually super excited to stay at the Hyatt MCO as well.

I would definitely try scrapping the dining plan- we don't really use it unless it's with the free dining promotion. I'm a HUGE snacker vs. big meals, and Tom and I usually share meals anyway, so we don't get as much value out of the DDP!

OMG- I want to see "A Dog's Purpose" SO bad but I'm so afraid of crying! :rotfl2:

2 more months to go!! Everything sounds like it worked out well!

Yay!! :banana::banana:

Sounds like a great trip is in the works!!!!! We stayed Tokelau and really enjoyed it!

Ahhhh, I SO wish we could stay in Tokelau- it is literally the perfect location! But, we're booked in a room with the regular resort- and Tokelau is now part of the DVC villas!

I stayed in Samoa back in 1994! I hope to one day stay there again for Nostalgia sake. DF and I booked our flight home from our "Minnie-Moon" on Sunday. I had a $250 credit on Jet Blue from being stranded in Chicago on a work trip last month! So free money for a flight I didn't pay for to start with! Yay! We are probably taking a late flight in on November 8th and I have the Hyatt booked too so excited to see your review of it! We are FINALLY going on our Irma rescheduled cruise with a splurge at the Grand Floridian tacked on at the end. I let DF pick the hotel, I was nervous he was gonna pick All Star Sports again :rotfl:. I think you will love flying in the night before. I have done it many times and it makes things so much easier. I love being able to wake up and be on vacation verses having to travel the day of.

That's awesome you could use your extra points! I will definitely let you know what I think of the Hyatt- we won't be in the room long but I'm super pumped for the convenience. I agree- it will be so nice just to hit the ground running right away!

WOW! The GF :lovestruc Definitely tied with Poly for my all-time fave- Mom and I LOVED our stay there! Your DF has good taste :thumbsup2 I'm pretty sure the GF would be the LAST place Tom would want to stay, haha!

We stayed in Rarotonga last Sept and we loved it! It was super close to both the GCH and the bus stop, and a short walk to both pools! I would happily stay there again.

Great to know, thank you!! :) Rarotonga is definitely my preferred location!

We loved Rarotonga, it was close to everything, we were on 3rd floor facing a walkway, very nice except for the screeching frogs the first few nights yikes!

Haha, oh no!! Hopefully they're quieter in June! :rotfl2: I do remember reading in your TR that you liked Rarotonga- just solidifies that I want to be there!

Also- have so much fun on your trip this week :goodvibes

So jealous that you are staying at the Poly!!!!! So, exciting!! I think any long house will be fantastic! I wouldn't sweat it too much.

It's a dream come true! I had sticker shock at first but hey, that's why I work right?! :rotfl2:

GIRL! I had no idea you had a TR going ... let me tell you how excited I was to stumble upon this! I've been binge reading for the past three days :love: I love your TRs and it sounds like you had a great time despite that pesky hurricane... plus, the Polynesian in June?! YESSS!! I apologize for the amount of quoting thats about to take place, but I couldn't help myself!

Ummm my dad isn't exactly a 'foodie' but he would do the same!

YES! The day before Disney is so exciting!

UGH... debbie downers!

giphy.gif

I love this show too! Did you watch the latest season based in Atlanta? SO. GOOD.

AMAZING

I love your shirts!

Same same... CSR will always be my fav moderate... even tho I think its an unpopular opinion?

200w.webp

I remember this so well!! I'm pretty sure the pre show video was brought to us by Kodak? So nostalgic... ahh.

:rotfl2:

I'm happy to hear this! We are eating at both Boma and Crystal Palace in May... its our first time for Boma breakfast (we love dinner!) and first time since 2000 for Crystal Palace

That is so hard! I think overall Main STreet is my fav... specifically walking under the train station and staring straight down Main Street. Tissue please...

This had me in stitches :rotfl:

YES!

Another tough question! Probably Wilderness Lodge or AKL. I've never stayed at WL but it seems very cozy, perfect for Christmas!

200w.webp

I'm so happy for you!

WHAT?! Maelstrom was fabulous! Creep trolls, a drop, gah...

:jumping1:

SO CLOSE!!

Hey girl hey!! So glad you're here! Your trip(s) are coming up so soon and I've had a ball reading all about your planning!!

Mom and I haven't seen the new season of Intervention, but we will definitely check it out! It's.... addicting :rotfl2:

I definitely want to try out CSR in the future- Ryan's sister and Mom just stayed there over spring break and they said it was beautiful but a bit too big. I think that I'd stay at POFQ before CSR though- Mom and I hated how huge CBR was.

YES to Boma and Crystal Palace- you guys will be in food comas for sure! Disney breakfast buffets in general are just amazing!! We enjoyed Boma breakfast WAY more than dinner on our last trip.

We've never stayed at WL either, but it's a contender for the next mother-daughter trip..... :scratchin

Ahhhh so sad I never rode Maelstrom! Maybe I'll watch a video of it on Youtube :rotfl2:

You had better expect lots of texts/snaps from me when you guys are in WDW! I need ALLL of the pictures!

Congrats on getting the June trip all squared away! Jealous, I had to cancel my trip this year due to some family things, first time in a long time I've gone a whole year+ without Disney.

I feel like we ended this trip report on a cliff hanger for the season finale right before the hurricane lol

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about that :sad: Hopefully you can do an extra-long trip next year to make up!!

I KNOW, I'm the WORST!! :rotfl2: I promise I will not be so mysterious, haha!!

It's always exciting to hit those Disney milestone days!!!

YES! Today is 46 days, does that count as a milestone? Hehe :rotfl:

Day 4: Part 2- “I’m On Top Of The World, Hey!”

Hi guys! I’m FINALLY back with another September 2017 TR update!!

This is also gonna be an extra big update because I'm going to do a mini RL update as well!!

Last weekend, my mom and I jetted off to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina to do some wedding things with Haley! It was my first time there, and omg you guys, it was a DREAM.

See what I mean? I really didn't have any idea what to expect, since I had never been here before! But it completely exceeded my expectations!

From left to right- Ryan, Haley, Me, Thomas (Ryan’s brother)’s girlfriend Melody, and Thomas.

Ryan’s family owns two homes right next door to each other on the Sea Pines plantation. It was so fun- the kids stayed in one house while the adults were in the other! The Habour Town Golf Links course is literally in their backyards.

(don't mind the depressing caption :rotfl:)

So, we got tickets to see the RBC Heritage golf tournament! We spent Saturday and Sunday checking it out. Even though I don’t know much about golf, it was fun to walk around and see the players!

We also saw a few gators :scared1:

We checked out all the places for Haley and Ryan’s wedding reception, ceremony, and after party! We also had a meeting with Haley’s adorable wedding planner and talked about flowers, colors, decorations, etc. It makes it seem so real- only 6 months away!!

Haley and I the first night.

Mommy and me! I got soooo burnt :rotfl2:

We also went to the beach!

Had to get a picture of Ryan’s snazzy golf shirt :thumbsup2

Honestly, Hilton Head Island is a gem. I had such an amazing time with everyone, not to mention the weather was absolutely perfect! I’m already trying to sneak back there before the wedding :rotfl: Haley and Ryan have more appointments (for tastings and things) over the 4th of July weekend so Mom and I may go down for that as well! We’ll see- I’ve been a traveling machine this year!

Have any of you guys visited Hilton Head Island before (or the DVC resort down there??) Let me know what you thought!

Now, onto the TR! True Story- I actually had to search back through my TR to remember where I was in this :rotfl2:

So, where we last left off, Mom, Tom and I were enjoying a morning in the cloudy but deserted Epcot. We basically had the park to ourselves! After riding Frozen Ever After (which is probably the ride that Tom still talks the most about :laughing: ), we decided to walk over to some of the other countries!

Next Stop: Germany!

My mom was fancying some caramel popcorn, so we headed right into Karamel Kuche. You may remember last year, where Mom and I demolished an entire bag of this stuff in 15 minutes flat…

RIP our stomachs :rotfl:

image.gif

Mom got the same kind as last year- caramel popcorn drizzled with chocolate. I ALMOST got some coffee-flavored caramels, but backed out at the last minute for some strange reason :confused3 After taking a few nice whiffs of the caramel, I led the crew over to the best country in World Showcase…

Haha, just kidding :lmao: I did have a hankering for a slushy from Liberty Inn, though! I decided to get a mix of cherry and Coke flavors.

Like all Disney slushies, it was perfect and hit the spot. But, as we dug into our popcorn, we realized that it was rock hard and super stale :crazy2: Well, Mom was not pleased with this, so we turned right around back to Germany to replace it!

Luckily, the CMs were wonderful about it and replaced our bag straightaway! This popcorn was warm, fresh, and crunchy :cloud9: The two girls helping us were from CP students from Germany and complimented Tom on his Nickelodeon shirt. I told him that he was crazy for wearing a Nickelodeon shirt in Disney World :laughing: Seriously, what a goof?!?!

At this point, it was nearing 1:15, and we had a Soarin’ FP scheduled from 12:25-1:25. We ended up changing it to 1:20-2:20 since we knew that there was no way we’d make it back in time! We wanted to explore ALL of the World Showcase Things!

It’s funny, before Mom and I started coming to WDW by ourselves in 2015, we were not really World Showcase people and barely spent any time there. But, now that we go to Disney more often, I fell like we can slow down a bit more and enjoy all of the countries!

Mexico was our next stop, and we rode the Gran Fiesta Tour. The food over at San Angel Inn smelled SO good, and we were THIS close to popping in for a sit-down lunch. But, ultimately, we decided to push onward and eat later (which proved to be a not-so-good decision :sad1: ).

We did, however, stop for some refreshments!

I had read all over the DIS about the famous Avocado Margarita from Le Cava Del Tequila, and I was curious to try it! Avocado is one of my favorite foods (I literally eat it plain with a spoon ::yes:: ), but I strongly dislike margaritas. Mom said that she would share it with me, and Tom decided on a classic marg for himself!

Featuring: the Mexico pavilion’s terrible lighting (almost as bad as AKL’s :rotfl: )

What was the verdict?

YUM! :drinking1

I could barely taste the alcohol- which is always a winner in my book :thumbsup2 This drink was really unique- it was creamy and almost had a banana-like flavor to it? It was like a boozy green smoothie!

Mom liked it too!

Me in the Mexico Pavillion in 2002.

Even though the drink was refreshing, I’m not sure if I’d go out of my way to order it again. It was fun to try, though!

Once we finished our drinks, Mom and I figured we should catch our FP for Soarin’! Tom decided to pass this time- I think that the heights were just too much for him!

Mom and I had a nice flight- but we were sat a bit too far to the left and I got a little queasy :sick: Lesson learned- be a pushy guest and ask to wait for the middle of the row! Plus, the kids next to us were being a bit obnoxious :rotfl2:

Meanwhile, Tom had scoped out a spot for us to eat at Sunshine Seasons! It was 2:30 by now and we were starving for some real food. Mom and I had eaten at Sunshine Seasons on our first day back in 2016 and LOVED it, so we were excited to show Tom!

I chose some Teriyaki Chicken with Lo Mein noodles and a brownie! Are you surprised by the brownie? You shouldn’t be ;) Sunshine Seasons (well, tied with Panera Bread) has the BEST brownies- I was looking forward to this brownie all year! :hyper: Mom got the Quinoa Kale Power Salad and Tom got the Oak-Grilled Salmon.

Well… my brownie was good! But I have to say that the rest of our meals were sub-par :confused: Tom especially was not too keen on his meal, he’s a seafood connoisseur and wasn’t impressed. My noodles and chicken were okay, nothing special but I did have to add a lot of soy sauce :sad2: Mom really loved her salad- she got this last year and loved it then as well!

I’m just chalking this up to an off day, I will still eat at Sunshine Season again! They have lots of healthy options and the convenience can’t be beat. Tom was lamenting passing up San Angel Inn… maybe in June we can stop by for some chips and queso :goodvibes

Coming Soon- Day 4: Part 3- “Summer Breeze Makes Me Feel Fine!”

Last edited:
Your pics are so cute! And, that avocado margarita looks delicious. It's definitely on my radar for October...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!