Can I get off at any resort when taking DME?

Kelly T.

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
I am staying at AKL on my upcoming trip. However, on our arrival day we decided we want to go to Hollywood Studios. I learned from a few sources that AKL is usually the last stop on DME. Would it be possible to get off at the first stop and take the bus or Minnie Van from that first resort? Or do they strictly keep track of who is going to each resort?

I'm picturing the bus driver with a clip board calling out names: "Smith, party of three! Jones, party of five!" And then a couple walks to the front of the bus; "No! Stop there. You aren't on the list. Sit back down!" - "But we've like to..." - "No exit for you! Back to your seat!"

You will have to get on the bus that includes AKL on its route, but you can get off at any stop you want since you don't have bags stored under the bus. You won't be able to get in the line designated for the Epcot resorts even though they are within walking/boating distance to DHS.

I'm picturing the bus driver with a clip board calling out names: "Smith, party of three! Jones, party of five!" And then a couple walks to the front of the bus; "No! Stop there. You aren't on the list. Sit back down!" - "But we've like to..." - "No exit for you! Back to your seat!"

LOL! If only they were that organized!

Hi everyone!
I am staying at AKL on my upcoming trip. However, on our arrival day we decided we want to go to Hollywood Studios. I learned from a few sources that AKL is usually the last stop on DME.

Just to make sure it's clear to you, any one DME bus does not go to all the resorts. There are typical combinations of resorts that might use the same bus, but even those are not firm each day, since they are dependent on demand. AKL guests may be with any of AoA, CSR, or Pop, typically, since those resorts are close to each other.

So to do what you are suggesting is definitely possible, but will likely save you at most 15-20 minutes.

If you only have backpacks and are going straight to the parks, you may as well get off of the first resort and take the bus to AK. No reason to wait for your resort.

You could save a good chunk of time if your resort is third! However, it could also be negated by the fact the bus ride from AKL to AK is so short. So it just depends which resort you stop at first, second, and third (usually the Magical Express will make 2-3 resort stops).

More specifically, I believe, you have to get on the bus to which you are assigned.
True but hopefully, anyone staying at AKL is assigned to the AKL bus, LOL
So isn't that the same thing as saying "you'll have to get on the bus that includes AKL"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!