Can I modify a reservation online

katmittens

OKW Owner
I have a reservation for two nights in a 1 bedroom but another room 1 bedroom just came up on line as available can I change this or do I need to wait to talk to member services? Or do I have to cancel the one and try to rebook and hope it is still available? Help I'm just not sure what to do.

I have a reservation for two nights in a 1 bedroom but another room 1 bedroom just came up on line as available can I change this or do I need to wait to talk to member services? Or do I have to cancel the one and try to rebook and hope it is still available? Help I'm just not sure what to do.

The new website changes are SUPPOSED to allow modification from what I understand, but I checked with a rez I have and it said to call MS. Unless you have the points to go ahead and book the "new" room, you would either have to cancel and then hope to grab the room or call MS to modify. :(

If you have the points, book it, then cancel your original. If you Borrow points to book it, the points remain borrowed.

If the website lets you modify your reservation, rather than booking a new reservation, then work your way though it. Cancellation of the first reservations should come at the end when you have completed the new modifications.

If you cannot make thhee change by using one of the two words listed above, then it is best to call DVC reservations Line and do it through them.

You might will you be able to do it by canceling your current reservation online, but if you do that and the new reservation has disappeared, then you were kind of up a creek.

There used to be a way to do this, by opening a second web browser that is a different web browser from what you are currently using. In other words if you are using Chrome you could open a second window with Firefox. Then you could make the reservation with Firefox, and get to the screen where you committed the points to pay for it. Then you would cancel the points on the first brower with the first reservation, and refresh the point page on the second reservation in the new browser, and it would show your previous points now available to book. Because you have the page open and the process in progress and you complete it within 20 minutes then this used to work. I have no idea if it still works with the New modifications that Disney has made with the booking website.

There used to be a way to do this, by opening a second web browser that is a different web browser from what you are currently using. In other words if you are using Chrome you could open a second window with Firefox. Then you could make the reservation with Firefox, and get to the screen where you committed the points to pay for it. Then you would cancel the points on the first brower with the first reservation, and refresh the point page on the second reservation in the new browser, and it would show your previous points now available to book. Because you have the page open and the process in progress and you complete it within 20 minutes then this used to work. I have no idea if it still works with the New modifications that Disney has made with the booking website.

The two browser trick does not work with the new booking engine:-(

If one have the points for the new reservation one should book it. If not you can call MS and ask them to modify the reservation. You can take a chance and then cancel the first reservation and then asap book the other one but that is a big risk during busy time. I would not recommend that.

Even MS can not hold reservations as they change from one reservation to another unless something has recently changed. Some managers have that capability but not the Advisors.

:earsboy: Bill

The two browser trick does not work with the new booking engine:-(

If one have the points for the new reservation one should book it. If not you can call MS and ask them to modify the reservation. You can take a chance and then cancel the first reservation and then asap book the other one but that is a big risk during busy time. I would not recommend that.

I ran into this the other day. I was trying the two browser method, and it didn't work. Also, if you are cancelling in one browser and even wait to click "book", it doesn't work and says the room is no longer available. There was a lot of weird stuff that happened when I tried to do it, but suffice it to say, it no longer works. Don't risk giving up your night. You're better off waitlisting and hoping if you cannot book the other room outright because of lack of points. :(

i would go through Member Services to change that. It may not be perfect, but with the issues the website has had recently, its probably safer.

It appears that the MODIFICATION FUNCTIONALITY is back online, at the DVCMembers.com website. And apparently, you can book a new reservation, then while you are doing it, transfer the points from your old reservation and cancel your old reservation. This seems to solve a lot of problems. But I haven't tried it yet.

It appears that the MODIFICATION FUNCTIONALITY is back online, at the DVCMembers.com website. And apparently, you can book a new reservation, then while you are doing it, transfer the points from your old reservation and cancel your old reservation. This seems to solve a lot of problems. But I haven't tried it yet.
I tried it in order to add a day to an existing reservation. It worked perfectly, which kind of surprised me given how poorly Disney's websites run.

Just to clarify - I managed to grab 2 out of 3 nights I need in October at PVB. I'm still hoping to find BCV or BWV. If I am stalking and something pops up I will NOT be able to modify the PVB reservation if I grab the new nights as a new reservation - I would need to be in the 'modify' mode of the PVB reservation each time I stalk - correct? I did a test run and that seems to be the case - there is no way to cancel an existing reservation while making a new one unless you are modifying the existing one. I am borrowing 2020 points and don't want to borrow any more into the 2019 UY than I have to as we are not planning on any more travel in 2019 and I know that borrowed points cannot be put back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter