Can I still park at Boardwalk, Poly, Contemporary if I am not staying there?

I have not had a problem parking at the resorts, but I can see where issues will start to come up with construction and lack of parking in the next few months for places like Boardwalk. I would suggest making a dinner or lunch reservation at the resort, and getting an Uber driver might be the easiest thing to do. Or you could park at a place like Wilderness Lodge and take the boat to MK and then get on the monorail and resort hop. Good luck and enjoy.

I shutter every time I hear someone say to go park at Wilderness Lodge. That is so wrong. Why not park at the TTC, you are on the monorail then.

We called and asked if we could park at blt to watch fireworks one night and they said yes! So, we drove over and had no issues..but it was late. not sure if that makes a difference.

I am assuming we will be able to park at the Boardwalk in June, when we have a one night reservation there. Should I be concerned at all? We will probably arrive around 10 in the morning on that day. Should we plan to arrive earlier? I would be livid if I had to pay to park valet that morning.

I am assuming we will be able to park at the Boardwalk in June, when we have a one night reservation there. Should I be concerned at all? We will probably arrive around 10 in the morning on that day. Should we plan to arrive earlier? I would be livid if I had to pay to park valet that morning.
You sure do worry about a lot of strange things. If you’ve got a room reservation, you’ll have a place to park.

I have seen some stories about people with reservations at BWV not being able to find a place to park, so I understand your concern.

I have seen some stories about people with reservations at BWV not being able to find a place to park, ...............
That's possible, but extremely unlikely for a morning arrival in June.

It is allowed when there is room - as it has been for years and years. Right now, the construction of the skyway seems to be impacting the overflow lot at BWV, I wouldn't plan on that lot being open. I would not ever count on parking at the Contemporary or Poly or BWV or Grand Floridian. All will frequently close to non resort guests without an ADR - and all have done so for the past 20 years - when the lot gets full. Too many people use those lots to get to the theme parks and avoid either the fees or hassle of the big lots. Resort hop using a cab or Disney transportation - or plan on paying for a valet if you get turned down.

Excellent and thorough post. I don't usually have the issue as I have a Handicapped placard, but I suggest you have your reservation info handy - I show the app or an actual printout. Once I asked the resort I was staying in if there was a way to park at BWV and they called over there and I had no issue. Now that was WAY before the Skywalk construction and likely I had issue due to not a busy time. For those with special needs - make sure you bring that up - it MAY ( or not) help.

DVC Sue

We called and asked if we could park at blt to watch fireworks one night and they said yes! So, we drove over and had no issues..but it was late. not sure if that makes a difference.
You probably got a call center in Kansas and they know nothing about WDW rules. Even DVC members who are going to the TOTWL aren't permitted to park at BLT and are instructed to take Disney transportation to BLT.

I have seen some stories about people with reservations at BWV not being able to find a place to park, so I understand your concern.

There are "some stories" about pretty much everything when it comes to Disney. The odds of a BWV guest not being allowed to self-park are so remote that it's not even worth consideration. In the unlikely event that it does happen, valet and explain to management that you expect them to waive the fees. This isn't even a minor crisis.

They are being really really picky who they are letting into parking lots this week.

Plus I don't see the need to park at a resort to resort hop Contemporary Poly etc since you can park at the TTC

There are "some stories" about pretty much everything when it comes to Disney. The odds of a BWV guest not being allowed to self-park are so remote that it's not even worth consideration. In the unlikely event that it does happen, valet and explain to management that you expect them to waive the fees. This isn't even a minor crisis.

Well aware that there are many stories. As a DVC member who has stayed at BWV regularly for the last 10 years, I have found that it is harder and harder to find a parking place, so for me the odds have not seemed so remote.

OP i’m Squinting at ur siggie line, believe u will be @ OKW? My suggestion is to bus to MK, then jump on monorail or boat. Same type of thing or BW or Epcot & leave the car at your resort.

I have not had a problem parking at the resorts, but I can see where issues will start to come up with construction and lack of parking in the next few months for places like Boardwalk. I would suggest making a dinner or lunch reservation at the resort, and getting an Uber driver might be the easiest thing to do. Or you could park at a place like Wilderness Lodge and take the boat to MK and then get on the monorail and resort hop. Good luck and enjoy.

Please, not as bad as finding a spot late afternoon @ BWV ‘home’ but we’ve spent good amount of time looking for spot @ WLV one too. This is not the place to park for more than a few hours unless you are staying there or have an ADR

AM & early afternoon, doable, afterwards is challenging. We’ve taken bus to not lose spot during peak times, which is ridiculous upon reflection. Sigh

That's possible, but extremely unlikely for a morning arrival in June.

Last visit to BWV was in October, accounting for construction, is the overflow lot across street still open?

Anybody have experience with having a visitor that is not going to the parks or have a reservation, to park at BWV to join our family for dinner in our villa? Might go to Jelly Rolls with them if they stay around later chatting, but they obviously won't have any kind of reservation. At that point of the trip, we will have four rooms, 20 on-site guests, 6 DVC members, and no vehicles... so would they let us park one car for a visitor for 3-7 hours?

Anybody have experience with having a visitor that is not going to the parks or have a reservation, to park at BWV to join our family for dinner in our villa? Might go to Jelly Rolls with them if they stay around later chatting, but they obviously won't have any kind of reservation. At that point of the trip, we will have four rooms, 20 on-site guests, 6 DVC members, and no vehicles... so would they let us park one car for a visitor for 3-7 hours?
It may depend on when you are going to be there. If during F&W, probably not. Unless they pay to valet park if it available. Would you be able to add them to one of your reservations? They would get a magic band showing they were a guest.

I would not leave it to chance. I would speak to the DVC Cast Members in the lobby and explain that you are expecting a guest, and ask them how best to let the gate guards
know to let them through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!