Can I visit GC if not staying there?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
The Disney Grand Californian hotel looked so nice, I'd like to stop by to see it, perhaps in the afternoon, sit in the lobby and read awhile. Since I'm gioing to DL in July, this would be a good way to get out of the sun for a while. Perhaps I could grab a snack at Whitewater Snacks (is that the name of the place?). Does my plan sound doable? I've just got one more question-how do I get there from the park? It looks so nice and I'd love to see it.

Yes, you can stroll through GCH without being a hotel guest. We do it every time we visit DL. We LOVE eating at Whitewater Snacks. We ate there almost every day we were in DL/CA. From CA park, you enter near the Grizzly Rapids river rafting ride. Whitewater Snacks is near the GCH pool area. The lobby area has so many comfy chairs that we (DH, 2 DDs and I) took an afternoon nap there.

also if you've got kids there's a little area that shows cartoons with rocking chairs. My daughter loves to go in there and watch a few cartoons to cool off in the middle of a hot day. Or sit inside the fireplace and rock. She loves going to GC for a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter