Can non-registered kids run a kids race?

michellekcm

DIS Veteran
We were unable to get all our kids registered for the LightSide kids races in January before they sold out. I saw that parents could run with their children, but only registered children get a finishers medal.

Would our other child be able to run with us and our registered child? I totally understand that our non-registered child would get no t-shirt, bib, or medal, and that's not an issue. They just want to run.

Has anyone done this in the past?

Thanks.

111 views and no responses, so I'll bite.

The answer is likely going to be no. Races are only for registered runners. You could always contact RunDisney and see if they'll do you a solid and let you purchase an extra Kids Race registration when you tell them what your alternative solution ("race jumping" your unregistered child).

Personally, I wouldn't even attempt it because while a t-shirt is not a big deal, how do you explain to a kid that one of them gets a medal and the other doesn't? It's not exactly something you can share where they're going to feel equal about their accomplishment ...

I can't imagine that would be allowed. They need to control the number of people involved.

111 views and no responses, so I'll bite.

The answer is likely going to be no. Races are only for registered runners. You could always contact RunDisney and see if they'll do you a solid and let you purchase an extra Kids Race registration when you tell them what your alternative solution ("race jumping" your unregistered child).

Personally, I wouldn't even attempt it because while a t-shirt is not a big deal, how do you explain to a kid that one of them gets a medal and the other doesn't? It's not exactly something you can share where they're going to feel equal about their accomplishment ...
I can't imagine that would be allowed. They need to control the number of people involved.
I agree with both of these responses. They have capacities in place and the capacities have been reached. It stinks that you couldn't get your other kid into the race. :(

Thanks everyone. I thought that was probably going to be the answer, but was hoping I might have found something. I think we'll just split up and do something else with him while the race is on. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter