Can our party split and take DME separately at different times?

familyfirsttimer

Not my 1st time anymore! I'm hooked for life!!!!
Due to a friend's flights coming in a few hours after ours, my DH would like to wait at the airport and take DME once our friends land in MCO. (don't ask, trying to help Disney newbies LOL) Am I able to check in for DME for myself and DD and he check in 2 hours later with his own magic band even though we're all part of 1 reservation?

TIA just want to know what our valid options are.

Due to a friend's flights coming in a few hours after ours, my DH would like to wait at the airport and take DME once our friends land in MCO. (don't ask, trying to help Disney newbies LOL) Am I able to check in for DME for myself and DD and he check in 2 hours later with his own magic band even though we're all part of 1 reservation?

TIA just want to know what our valid options are.
You can do this but you need to make it clear to the CM at Magical Express that your husband is riding the bus later. We had a problem on one of our trips where one of our family members was coming on a later flight, and we didn't notice that they marked her as having ridden the bus with us. It got straightened out later but it was a bit of a hassle to explain what happened to the ME people.

No issues doing that! Your husband can take a bus to your resort at any point in the day. You're not assigned to a particular bus when going to your resort from MCO. The opposite is not possible, though. You are assigned to a particular bus for the ride back to MCO at the end of your stay.

You can do this but you need to make it clear to the CM at Magical Express that your husband is riding the bus later. We had a problem on one of our trips where one of our family members was coming on a later flight, and we didn't notice that they marked her as having ridden the bus with us. It got straightened out later but it was a bit of a hassle to explain what happened to the ME people.

So you don't EACH scan your Magic Bands to check into MDE?

Thank you for the heads up on this, we will make sure it is clear when myself and my DD check in to MDE

Hint: Say that the family member(s) arriving later are coming several hours later, not just "later."

Round up a fraction to the next hour, for example, for 2-1/4 hours later say, "three."

If you say just "later" then the CM might think: "ten minutes later" and check off those family members as present and riding "now."

Hint: Make extra copies of the Magical Express paperwork so family members arriving later will have the copies.

We often have staggered arrivals without any issues as DME is fluid on the inbound to allow for flight delays and such. Since each person has to scan the MB (or present a voucher) at the check in there should be no issues for your DH (or anyone else) arriving later.

Alternately you could list your DH as arriving on the later flight but it really isn't necessary.

Are they staying at your resort? If not, does your husband know they may be on a different bus than his?

So you don't EACH scan your Magic Bands to check into MDE?

Thank you for the heads up on this, we will make sure it is clear when myself and my DD check in to MDE
In the past they have only had one person from our family scan a band and each member of our party showed up on the screen. Has that changed?
When we had the problem with the ME they only scanned one MB. Now they ask each person to scan their bands.

In the past they have only had one person from our family scan a band and each member of our party showed up on the screen. Has that changed?

When you first check in they scan all the bands; then after you go through the line to the bus to the 2nd scan they only need one scan for the entire party. They have always confirmed the number of riders on that 2nd scan however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter