Can same ride overlap for DAS pre reg and day of?

goofyfooted

Earning My Ears
Can you make a “day of / in-park” DAS ride selection for the same ride…that you have a later DAS “pre registration” time slot for as well?

Ex:
- Kilimanjaro Safari pre registration DAS time is 3:30pm
- When at the park in the AM want to select a day of DAS return for the Safari as well

I saw a couple conflicting statements online but it seemed like an edge case scenario.

One said they could do this no issue. Another said to plan to have a cast member cancel your late time in the park and then you could use your normal DAS for the ride.

We are all set for our son’s first visit to Disney World and so thankful for the DAS accommodation for his autism.

His special interest is animals and he’ll want to do the safari multiple times.

Wanted to be able to do it early in the day and not be locked up by the pre registered late time if possible.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks to this great community - it’s been a helpful resource in planning to make the most of our big vacation.

Yes you can. The while both options are available to DAS users, one does not negate the use of the other. If you have someone who like to "loop" rides, this is how you can get 2 in close succession.

I would also add that you may want/need to specify to the LL CM which DAS you’re trying to use… that’s the only “conflict” we’ve experienced in situations like this (ie- they “pull” the wrong one not realizing there maybe 2 that could be used) 😉

Yes you can. The while both options are available to DAS users, one does not negate the use of the other. If you have someone who like to "loop" rides, this is how you can get 2 in close succession.
Thanks a lot! Excited. Definitely think my little guy will be a looper - so great to know this can work out.

I would also add that you may want/need to specify to the LL CM which DAS you’re trying to use… that’s the only “conflict” we’ve experienced in situations like this (ie- they “pull” the wrong one not realizing there maybe 2 that could be used) 😉
Super helpful tip :)

We'll make sure to let them know there's multiple so they can mark the right one off as we progress into the late-day pre-reservation slot.

Super helpful tip :)

We'll make sure to let them know there's multiple so they can mark the right one off as we progress into the late-day pre-reservation slot.
with FP+ there was no way for the ride CM to pick if it was the DAS or FP. the system it self picked ( I think it always picked the FP+ since that was time sensitive). not sure about now

with FP+ there was no way for the ride CM to pick if it was the DAS or FP. the system it self picked ( I think it always picked the FP+ since that was time sensitive). not sure about now
curious how the new tech will work. I’ll try to report back after the trip!
Also, if you use Genie+, you could do a third through that as well.
Thanks! That’ll probably be worth it for us to be able to redo rides again more often.

Also, if you use Genie+, you could do a third through that as well.
Can you no longer request the same ride after your initial DAS ride is over? In the past there was not a limit on the number of times you could request a ride through DAS, you just had to use the one you had before requesting another one.

Correct, you can use the DAS for a 2nd or 3rd ride but you need to wait for the new time. So if it’s an hour standby after your first ride it will be 50 minutes before getting in line again. If you are able to align Advanced Reservations and/or Genie+ with regular DAS you might be able to re-enter the queue right away.

Can you no longer request the same ride after your initial DAS ride is over? In the past there was not a limit on the number of times you could request a ride through DAS, you just had to use the one you had before requesting another one.
You can, I was simply explaining how you could ride potentially 3 times in quick succession, as there are some people who like to loop rides like that.

curious how the new tech will work. I’ll try to report back after the trip!

Thanks! That’ll probably be worth it for us to be able to redo rides again more often.
You can redo attractions as many times as you like, as was already mentioned. You will be waiting the same approximate time as people who are standing in line each time, so it's not any different than someone getting into line to wait over and over.

also, there are 2 animal trails in the park - one is in Africa and the other in Asia. There are Animal Care CMs are various places in the trails who can tell you more about the animals. There is a train in Africa to Rafiki's Planet Watch where you can see other animals, an animal clinic and a petting zoo.
its also worth a trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge. They have several animal viewing areas staffed by CMs who can tell you a lot about the animals
Before the COVID shutdown, when Fastpasses were still in effect, the CM could see whether there were valid Fastpasses or DAS Return Times (i.e was it time for them to be redeemed). The only potential issue was if BOTH were ready for the same attraction at the same time. But, I have seen posts in the past where people were able to tell the CM which to use.

I am not positive, but from what I've seen, if a guest has a DAS Advance Selection and a DAS Return Time that are both 'ready to use' for the same attraction, the system will choose the DAS Advance Selection because it has an expiration time and DAS Return Time does not (except for live shows).
If the DAS Advance Selection is for late afternoon and you have a DAS Return Time for early in the day, it should only pick the early one because the time window hasnt started for the other yet.

We do this often with Toy Story :) The system will pull the time-sensitive one first. So it will pull our son's Advance Toy Story selection, then the next time through it will pull what we call the "rolling" or "day-of" DAS selection that he was able to mark for that day in the park. Then often he will mark again .... and again .... and again... all for Toy Story :) You can watch the app update itself once you have scanned through, the one that was used will disappear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter