can someone else use my express pass?

ez

<font color=green>Yoshi Lover<br><font color=deepp
Myself, dd, a friend and her daughter will be staying onsite for a couple of days. I am 6 months pregnant and won't be doing any thrill rides at I of A. My friend loves thrill rides. My husband is not traveling with us but is considering driving over the day we are at I of A. Will he be able to use my express pass that day to get on the rides I will not be going on, so he can stay with our group. If not, I guess it isn't worth having him drive over, unless anyone has another suggestion. Thanks!

You are allowed up to 5 people per room...what I would do is to add your husbands name to the room....as long as you aren't going over 5 people. This way, when he comes, he will have his own key card. I did this with my son. He wasn't with us at check in at the HRH and it was actually the front dest rep that suggested it to us. My son never did come up, but we had a key for him just incase he did.

I just spoke to the Portofino for this same question basically and they told me in order to add on any adults over the basic 2 per room, it would be $25 extra per person. Just an FYI in case that affects your decision.

I didn't realize you would be in the same room as your friend & her daughter.... yes, you would be paying for the extra adult and it may not be worth it

Could you or your friend register with some non-gender specific name like Jo, Jan, Arin?

So do they actually look at the name that appears on the room key when you go into the express line? Is your name preprinted on the card or will they see it when they scan it? I was considering handing off my room key to a male (I'm female) for maybe 2 rides while we're there. Do they really check this? I certainly don't want to embarrass the people we're with for the day!

Every time we used the card they never looked at it. Doesn't mean they won't, but since they changed the rules from only 1 person per group needed the card to each person needed the card, they seem to not care that the person using the card is the person who was issued the card.

Originally posted by LilyStar
So do they actually look at the name that appears on the room key when you go into the express line? Is your name preprinted on the card or will they see it when they scan it? I was considering handing off my room key to a male (I'm female) for maybe 2 rides while we're there. Do they really check this? I certainly don't want to embarrass the people we're with for the day!

Your name and age(if you are a child) are printed on the card. I don't know if anyone looks at it but it was printed on our cards when we stayed at the HRH in January.

I know when we went last aug. they checked the cards!!!!!!!!!

Not on every ride, it was just periodically.......... but they did check. I for one wouldn't risk it. I'd just add him to the reservation, and not chance it, it may result in your entire parties priveleges being taken away.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter