Can someone give me directions to go from the airport to BWV?

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
Our Feb. trip will be our first one down at WDW with a rental car. I usually get direction from the counter at the rental car agency. However, this time I will use the Emerald Club service at National, and it seems that I may not be able to get direction when I drive out.

I know I can get direction probably by calling BWV directly. However, I figured people here are much more knowledgable as to how to get around.

Can someone tell me the best way to get to BWV from Orlando Airport? I assume we won't have a map, so this direction will be it.

Thanks very much.

:D

We always do the south exit to 417. Go through 2 tollbooths ($1 each), get off at exit 6, International Drive. Go straight, that takes you to 536 (Epcot Center Drive). After you pass through the Disney Arch, get off at the next exit, Downtown Disney.
Then just follow signs to the BWV's.;)
We always use National, they wll give you a map also.

Thanks so much for the direction.

I also would like to find out if I can use my EZ Pass tag, issued by NY/NJ, for the toll booth, does anyone know if it will work? Thanks again.

The best directions I ever had were given by a national employee while we were checking out our car (after using the emerald aisle). It was to exit the airport onto 417, and after that the Disney tractor beam will firmly affix to your wallet (and not let go for your entire trip) to draw you onto the disney property. It really is easy to navigate, you can just follow the signs.

As far as florida taking EZ Pass, they don't. They have their own thing (sunpass or somesuch) and it's not compatible with EZ pass. Yet. I never thought I'd see MD take EZ Pass (they have M-tag, but I am a NYer at heart so I have an EZ pass for my frequent trips up there) but they do now, so there is hope for the future!

They DO have coin machines though so it might not be a bad idea to have a bunch of quarters with you.

Lisa

Lisa,

Thanks for the reply. I will print out this thread and take it with me. I will make sure I have enogh quarters too.

Have a great holiday!!!:p

You can NOT use EZ pass. Florida has SPEEDPASS, and EZ pass is not compatible.

Remember that BWV is an "Epcot Resort", so be sure to follow the signs to "Epcot Resorts" until you see one that specifically mentions Boardwalk.

Follow the directions from 417 as given above, however once you go through the WDW Gate you'll actually take the 2nd exit for Epcot Resorts. If you get off at the 1st exit which is for Downtown Disney, you'll be headed in the wrong direction.

Off the exit ramp you'll need to get over one lane to the left pretty quickly as the lane you are in will put you back onto the road you just exited. From there I think it is either 3 or 4 traffic lights to the BWV turn.

Here is a link to a map of WDW which may help you navigate: WDW Map . As noted above, you want the second right off Epcot Center Drive to get to Buena Vista Drive. Note that this is a right turn exit ramp which swings you around to the left so you are heading toward the Epcot resorts area.

Ralph

Thanks for the map and all other tips. I reprinted the thread along with the map. I will take them with me on the trip.

Have a great holiday!!!:p

I'm at BWV right now. When we came in from MCO yesterday, the Epcot Resorts Exit from 536 was closed, looked like some kind of major construction, it was all blocked off. You can take the Downtown Disney exit and make a left at the end of the ramp (right would be DD) or continue to the next exit, which we did, it comes out across from OKW, make a right and then come back around (there are detour signs).

Debbie,

Thanks again for the info. I wish I were there at WDW now.

I will again print out your instruction and take it with me in case there is still detour in early Feb.

Have a great time!!!:p

Update - you can no longer make a left from the Downtown Disney exit, only right for Downtown Disney or straight to Bonnet Creek Pkwy (towards OKW). We were coming from the Premium Outlet and I took the DD exit since Epcot Resorts is closed. Saw the sign, straight only from the left lane. Didn't know what I was going to do, but about 5 cars in front of me each made the left, so I just followed along:eek:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter