Can the dining plan be added to....

WDWSuperFan

Mouseketeer
a discounted room? For example, I have a room only reservation. We are still debating on adding the dining plan...waiting to see if a room only discount comes out, etc. If a discount comes out, AP or for the general public, I want to try to apply it to my room reservations. My question is do I have to choose between the two (room discount or dining plan) or can the dining plan be added to a reservation with a room discount? My understanding is that the dining plan can only be added to a rack room rate. Is this right?

Sorry for rambling...I'm so confused on this! :confused:

Thanks for any help to help me understand! :yay:

I think the dining plan can only be added to a package. Therefore it wouldn't matter what the price of the room was, if it is a room only reservation then it doesn't qualify for the dining plan. :)

Last year they offered a discounted package (end of Oct to sometime in Dec) and with the discounted room package you could add the DDP. However, you can not add it to an AP discounted room since it would not be a package.

No you can't add the DDP to a discounted room. Acutally the DDP can only be added to a package, which includes rack rate room, tickets for all in the room. The only exception is the DVC. Members and their renters can purchase the DDP without having to buy tickets for their party. This is why AP holders and CMs all with discounted rooms have to decide whether the discount they are receiving is better than the value of the DDP.

Generally, no. You cannot get the dining plan (even if you pay for it) with AP room rates, and you do have to buy a package, even if you only get one-day one-park tickets for everyone in your party.

The only exception that I've seen to the "rack rate rule" is you can still get the AAA room discount and the dining plan if you purchase a package through AAA. Again, you'd have to include at least a one-day one-park ticket for everyone in your party, and you'd have to pay for the dining plan. In other words, you can't get a AAA room discount if you are getting the free dining plan. Does that help?

You can add dining to a discounted room rate.

When we used the plan during our April 2005 trip, I was able to add it to an email rate.

Last fall you were able to add dining to discounted rooms. I still have the email from WDTC. The special was good for check-ins from November- December 25, 2005.

Thanks for the replies. I am hoping for a discount to be released to the general public. We will probably not be purchasing APs this year, since we will only be going once this year. When I made my room only reservations, the CM just said that if I I wanted to add the dining 48 hours prior to arrival. I did not know if she meant tickets also... which would make it a package I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter