Can we eat in the resorts we are not staying at?

momofthree

Earning My Ears
We are leaving for our Disney Dream Trip in 11 days!!! We are staying in AKL and I was wondering if we can go to the other resorts to eat? Do you have to be staying at the resort to eat there? I have heard good things about Ohana's and ESPN. Would my 5, 8, and 9 year olds like these two places?

They will take your money wherever you like! Be sure to get Priority seatings on anything you have your heart set on! Have fun and good luck!

we sure did - we stayed at Pop but ate at Boma's and O'hana's - it's not only okay - it's encouraged!

The kids will like Ohana or Whispering Canyon. ESPN will keep them busy if you want to give them money for the video games.

I hope that you have a car with you. The big problem is that other than resorts grouped together (such as on the monorail or actual REASONABLE walking distance) you cannot get directly from one to another. For example, to get from AKL to Boardwalk you would have to take a bus to either MK or DTD and then another bus to Boardwalk; counting waiting and travel times you are looking at 1.0 to 1.5 hours each way. With a car it's about a ten minute drive.

However, they will take your money anywhere!

Yes, we always do. With kids, I think you'd like Whispering Canyone Cafe in WL or Ohana's. Have fun!

Dh and I stayed at AKL for a long weekend this past fall and did not bother with renting a car. We had no trouble visiting other sites. It just took a little more foresight. The night we had PS' for Ohana, we literally had no wait for a bus to MK. From there we jumped on a monorail to the PR. After dinner, we returned to the park then caught a bus back to our resort from there. On a whim, we decided to leave the MK one day and have lunch at the WL. Again, we just caught the launch to and from the resort.

They have fun games for kids at Ohanas like hula-hoop contents and coconut rolling.

Yes, absolutely!! You can eat at any resort or park restaurant but some you may want to make a PS Priority SEating as they fill up fast -esp for something like OHanas. I would also plans to do say Ohana for a MK day and Espn on my Epcot day for convenience if you don't have a car.

TJ

Just also be aware if you do drive they will have a guard and gate. Just tell them you are having dinner there. Most of the time though if they see your parking pass from another Disney resort they will just wave you on knowing your intentions anyway.

One of our favorite parts of any trip to WDW is visiting other resorts for meals. We always show up a little early and explore the resort. It's great fun!

Also, put me in the car camp re: getting from one resort to the other. Of course, it can be done without a car and sometimes you get lucky with bus waits and the like. But it is so much easier to have the car and be able to get from resort A to resort B in 10 - 15 minutes (at most) than having to plan it out and then worry about whether buses will come on time, etc.

Yes you can! Our family loves to try out the different restaurants at the resorts. Some of my favorite restaurants are Beaches and Cream (ice cream sundaes :love: ) at the Beach Club , and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

It is one of our favorie things to do. The resorts are so beautiful. The AK and WL are very nice. We will be exploring the GF and Poly restaurants this trip.
Tara :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter