Can we upgrade once we're onboard?

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
We are on the Sept 28th Wonder(cruising during football season,are we crazy?) Anyway,is it possible to pay for an upgrade once we see our stateroom?

I'm afraid I've done something stupid. They upgraded us from GTY category 11 to a cat. 9 on deck 2, deluxe oceanview w/porthole. But it was listed as a noisy room,and we wanted on a higher deck, so I called and asked to be put on deck 5,6,7 back in cat.11. They gave us room 5133, inside stateroom. Now, the more I think of it, I might have made a mistake.

Has anyone ever upgraded once they've gotten on board and how much of a hassle is it?
Thanks.

dk

If I am not mistaken you can request an upgrade when you check in at the terminal. If there is one available (passed on ship capacity) you would be upgraded and pay the difference between the two.

What was your CAT9 room number? We always stay in 2801, but this year the room was booked so we got 2114. After checking I found that 2114 is on the noisy list. After being in the room on 8/9 I don't know any reason why it is. There was no difference between 2108 and 2114 and 2108 is not on the list. Maybe you should have seen if anyone else had actually stayed in your assigned room. We have cruised 4 times and have always been on deck 2 in 2801 twice, 2114, and 2618 and are again booked for 2108 because 2114 was taken. The only way you get an upgrade at the port is by paying.

we were in 5130 last year which is a cat 6 in the same area and he location was GREAT! hardly any hall trafic, kids clubs right there, only a flight down to dinner we loved it!
I don't think you can upgrade once on board.,, maybe you can but if you want to change it I would do so now or at check in, there may not be cabins left after check in. (other people might be upgrading at check in)

If you had kept the cat 9 you could have upgraded in the port and they would have only charged you the diff between the cat 9 and the new cat #, not the cat 11 and the cat 9.... I have heard that you can upgrade once on board, but there needs to be rooms available, if there are no rooms there is nothing that they can do...

True, favorite auntie about upgrading from 9 it would have been less expensive than upgrading from an 11.

To the OP, don't beat yourself over the head for what you did. What's done is done, don't let it ruin your trip and don't badger yourself with the should've, would've, could've's.

Joanna

I didn't say that to make anyone feel bad. :( I just wanted you to know for the future. I didn't know that until someone on this board told me....

The difference between the Cat. 11 and the Cat. 9 would be the huge porthole and split bathroom with the Cat. 9. The Cat. 9 is also about 30 sq. ft. larger.

If you really think it will matter to you I would call back now and see if you can get your free upgrade back. If not, you can always try upgrading at the port and paying the difference. Although I have heard of upgrading on board it is much more of a hassle than doing it in advance.

As Ann says, the room you have now is in a good location but you are trading off the window, split bathroom and slightly larger room. In the grand scheme of things it may not matter much on a shorter cruise. Only you can decide that.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

We're in room 2012. I see that the "noisy room list" mentions loads of rooms all around 2012, but not 2012 itself! How can this be?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The list of noisy rooms on Dave's list does not mean that each of those cabins are noisy every sailing. As he says...your mileage may vary. The noise in some of the cabins could be under a night club so it would not be noisy all the time, or some creaking, some engine noise or a whole variety of things. I would not worry too much about the the cabin you have. Just because the rooms around you might be noisy at times, yours should be fine.

MJ

We're in room 2012. I see that the "noisy room list" mentions loads of rooms all around 2012, but not 2012 itself! How can this be?

It must be MAGIC...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter