Can you cancel a dining plan?

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
So I feel like this has been asked before, but I'm curious can we cancel the dining plan if we want? There's four of us going to Disney and there's all this back and forth about wether to do a dining plan or to not do one. So I'm thinking of just booking it so I know we have it and if we change our minds closer I can cancel. But is there a penalty for that or anything and most importantly can you do that in the first place?

Thanks!

So I feel like this has been asked before, but I'm curious can we cancel the dining plan if we want? There's four of us going to Disney and there's all this back and forth about wether to do a dining plan or to not do one. So I'm thinking of just booking it so I know we have it and if we change our minds closer I can cancel. But is there a penalty for that or anything and most importantly can you do that in the first place?

Thanks!

I would do it the other way around. Book your vacation without it, then settle the question. Why give Disney more money than you need to? As long as you add it at least 72 hrs before check in, you'll be fine.

After the paid-in-full date, there’s a change fee. When the price of your package goes up, they waive the fee, but if you drop sometime, they’ll charge you the $50.

I dropped mine about 40 days before without penalty. I still have 8 days before we leave and still on fence on getting dining plan.

I dropped mine about 40 days before without penalty. I still have 8 days before we leave and still on fence on getting dining plan.

Ok cool. The rate for the room we wanted dropped yesterday and I wanted to book the package while it was still cheaper. And then if we want to drop it or if free dining ends up getting offered we'll figure it out. Thanks guys!

Yes, anytime up to 3 days before the check-in date (2 days for DVC). There would probably be a change fee for making any change within two weeks of check-in (except DVC)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!