Can you choose whatever you want..

laura001

DIS Veteran
off of the menu for the Dining Package, or are there restrictions to what you can order??? :)

Well, except for those things already mentioned, like alcoholic drinks. We actually had a few servers offer things we didn't think would be allowed, such as milkshakes or smoothies for drinks once, and adding shrimp to a meal another time. I remember reading that some places had surcharges for the more expensive things like lobster, etc., but I think they've solved that by either taking those things off the menus (sadly) or making a few more places 2TS credits. Oh, one thing I remember was that the dessert samplers weren't allowed. We only wanted it once anyway, and as I recall they let us share it, thereby using our 2 credits to cover it, which was fine with us. But they may not allow that everywhere.

Japan is getting pretty "notorious" for being the "home of exclusions" for the Dining Plan. There aren't many others.

In most places, you can have anything on the menu. Things that tend to be excluded are appetizers/desserts that are designed to serve more than one person. For instance, the Kitchen Sink dessert at Beaches & Cream is specifically excluded. There are really very few exclusions--you have a wide choice.

bicker said:
Japan is getting pretty "notorious" for being the "home of exclusions" for the Dining Plan. There aren't many others.
True! You can't order the sushi, lobster, or lobster/filet mignon combo at Japan.

At Planet Hollywood, there is a surcharge for any entree over $22 or $23, I think.

No other restrictions that I can think of, beside- one person can't order the appetizer samplers and dessert samplers "for 2"- they have to be shared by 2 or more on the plan.

Earl of Sandwich has some limitations as does Wolfgang Puck Express.

(as of end of October)

Earl of Sandwich - Drink can only be fountain drink. Many think that it will include a side, but it doesn't.

Pepper Market only allows a cookie or muffin for dessert.

Lunching Pad (turkey legs) - includes chips & drink, and no dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter