Can you help me find a hotel for a night?

Heather

Mouseketeer
We are driving down to WDW and will arrive on a Saturday night. We wanted to try to save a bit by staying outside WDW that first night before moving on site. I have one of those Magicards and have been looking at the discounts at some of the following and would LOVE some input -- all we are really looking for is clean, safe, and inexpensive for one night, with a pool for the kids to swim in if we get in at a decent time (since we're driving from the DC area I somehow doubt that will happen, but you never know . . .):

1. Days Inn Maingate East
2. Econolodge Maingate Resort
3. Holiday Inn Maingate East
4. Holiday Inn Maingate West
5. Ramada Inn Resort Maingate

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much!
Heather

I only know about the Econolodge.... we stayed here on one of our quick weekend trips to WDW.... it really is not that great.... I wouldn't recommend it...... I wish I could tell you what is good about the other ones... but I am sure someone else on the boards might have an idea! Have a great trip!!! ;)

If it were me I would use priceline.com for a room for the night. You can get a nice hotel at a great rate. Check out this site www.biddingfortravel.com Scroll down to the Orlando link and check out the deals others have gotten. I have used them several times and have always been pleased. We have driven down a couple times from Maryland and used priceline for a stop along the way. We stopped in Brunswick, GA and received a Holiday Inn along I95 for $20/night. Anyway, check out that site and let me know if you have questions.

I've stayed at the Econolodge and it was a dump.

I second the idea about Priceline. Make sure that you bid on a 3* hotel, though. There are some real stinkers at the 1* and 2* levels.

I highly recommend using Priceline for a "One-Night stand":D And definately visit TravelSherry's BiddingForTravel page. Lots of great information on how to bid, bonus money that will help increase your offer, and benchmarks on what bids Pricelins has been accepting.

We've stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center 4*@ $60/night, Marriott Downtown Disney 2 1/2 star $27/nite, and Sheraton Universal 3* $27/nite.

Good luck and post back what you got!!!

You can probably get a discounted room at the all stars using a code from mousavers.com. If you don't want to use priceline, in LBV there are all kind of hotels near downtown disney:

On Palm parkway,

the Hampton Inn
sierra Suites
Comfort Inn
Hawthorn suites
Marriott Residence Inn
Doubletree Club

These all have national websites you can go to or try quikbook.com for a good deal on orlando hotels. I used them this summer and was pleased. we stayed at Res. Inn. (a new hotel)l

Both Holiday Inns are decent hotels in the $50/night category, while the Ramada is a surprisingly good budget choice, IMHO.

Don't forget you can also check out the Orlando Hotel Discounts link at the top of this page for lots of good deals on some of the best moderate hotels in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter