can you rent a sizzix in your town?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
Apparently, there are places you can rent a sizzix.

For example: in Raleigh, NC at Rainsrops on Roses......(this is from their website)

How cool is this???????????

"Die Cut Center Policy

When you purchase paper at Raindrops, you may use our machines for 15 minutes at the time of purchase. Join the Die Cutters Club ($15 per year) to enjoy additional use. Use of the Die Cut Center does NOT include use of the table workspace.

Table Time is $5 for up to 4 hours and you have use of the entire Creativity Center, tools, punches, templates, etc.
FOR RENT!

Did you know that Raindrops will rent you a Sizzix machine (with upper and lowercase letters as well as a selection of popular dies). We even put it on WHEELS to make it easier to get around. $10 for 2 days, and if you decide to purchase one, we'll apply your rental fee to the purchase price. OR rent our new QuicKutz Cutter with the Marisa alphabet $12 for 2 days. Great deal for cropping with friends."

No one here rents them, but honestly, I think Sizzix will be "on the outs" very shortly.

Have you seen the digital cutter (cannot remember the name, but it's by Xyron) You can cut any type of font or picture just by entering it on the computer.

It's around $500.00 right now, but that price is sure to come down. Besides, when you figure up how many dies (not to count Sizzix machine itself) it would be way more than that.

Just my .01

My LSS has a crop room available almost all the time. It does have a couple of cutting systems and lots of punches. They also have a computer and printer available. There is no fee to use the room or equipment. :cool1:

lewdyan1 said:
My LSS has a crop room available almost all the time. It does have a couple of cutting systems and lots of punches. They also have a computer and printer available. There is no fee to use the room or equipment. :cool1:

so jealous............

My local scrapbook store allows you to diecut for free unlimited, if you buy the paper from them. They have about 10 Sizzix alphabet sets, a couple of another brand and tons of punches. If you have paper from elsewhere they charge $1 an hour.

We were able to scrap for 6 hours on last Saturday for $5. It was so fun to be right there with all the diecuts/punches. It is a small store, but they are so nice! We took a lunch break, shopped for quite a while and still got several pages complete.

We also have a bigger store about 20 minutes away that has free use of their machines, as long as you let them show you how to operate them. They also are very nice, but they don't have as many alphabet sets.

A third store 30 minutes away allows you to use their machines if you take their class for $30 and buy all you paper there to cut. They also charge $5 an hour and are incredibly rude. Honestly, I can't fathom how they stay in business. I have never had a decent customer service experience there. :(

CrazedDisFan said:
My local scrapbook store allows you to diecut for free unlimited, if you buy the paper from them. They have about 10 Sizzix alphabet sets, a couple of another brand and tons of punches. If you have paper from elsewhere they charge $1 an hour.

We were able to scrap for 6 hours on last Saturday for $5. It was so fun to be right there with all the diecuts/punches. It is a small store, but they are so nice! We took a lunch break, shopped for quite a while and still got several pages complete.

We also have a bigger store about 20 minutes away that has free use of their machines, as long as you let them show you how to operate them. They also are very nice, but they don't have as many alphabet sets.

A third store 30 minutes away allows you to use their machines if you take their class for $30 and buy all you paper there to cut. They also charge $5 an hour and are incredibly rude. Honestly, I can't fathom how they stay in business. I have never had a decent customer service experience there. :(

you guys, I am SO jealous!!!!! :rolleyes2 It is a great idea! I hope you all take advantage of those good stores and keep them in business!!! (just curious - are these privately owned stores or chains?)

Both of my LSS allow the use of all their scissors, punches and die cutting systems (sizzix, inc) when you use their scraproom... 1 is free. but the merchandise if more expensive... the other is $1 an hour but cheaper merchandise...

Our LSS allows you to use their machine if you buy your paper there, but only during crops (that you've paid for)

I bring all my Sizzix stuff when I host a crop and let people use it for free (along with all the rest of my tools). Hopefully soon, I'll be hosting crops at home so I don't have to pack/lug it all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter