Can you stay off site...

Suzyq9241

DIS Veteran
I was wondering :cool1: if you can get the dining plan and stay off site?
Does anyone know the answer to this?

Nope, you cannot.

DDP can only be bought as part of a package, this means a room at rack rate and at least a one day ticket for all the members fo the part.

It does have to be with a package, but not necessarily with the room at rack rate. If you are a AAA member you can get a discount off the room portion of the package, but not on tickets or the dining plan.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY said:
It does have to be with a package, but not necessarily with the room at rack rate. If you are a AAA member you can get a discount off the room portion of the package, but not on tickets or the dining plan.

I have not heard of this being done. Have you done this??
I am a AAA member and was told I could not get my room discount if I got dining so I chose not to get the dining at the time. Of course i changed it booked a package and paid rack rates in order to get FREE dining.
It was the same even through AAA with the free dining deal.

If there is a way many of us would live to know how. I have yet to see it done.

The only way to get the free dining is to pay rack rate. However, the PAID dining plan can be purchased in conjunction with AAA rates, but ONLY if booked through a AAA travel agent, not through Disney directly (which seems dumb to me since Disney has to pay AAA a commission).

Palendat said:
The only way to get the free dining is to pay rack rate. However, the PAID dining plan can be purchased in conjunction with AAA rates, but ONLY if booked through a AAA travel agent, not through Disney directly (which seems dumb to me since Disney has to pay AAA a commission).

Thanks. They surely dont tell you this when booking the agent told me i could not get the discount (this was before the free dining was offered this year). Next time I will book through AAA directly; that us if they dont offer the dining deal again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter