Can you use a fastpass AFTER the time expires?

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
I have heard that you can but was just wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge if this was possible.

You are not supposed to except,

1. Sometimes the person taking the FastPass doesn't look closely enough,

2. If the ride has had a recent breakdown, FastPasses that expired during that time or during the backlog of people that occurred when the ride re-opened should be honored.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I've used a FASTPASS that's been 5-10 minutes late with no problems. It probably has more to do with the CM on duty and how he/she feels at the time... smiles help! :)

I've used my FastPass as much as 45 minutes late. It's usually because we were on something else which took longer than expected and had to hoof it back to the FP ride. I always smile and explain "Splah Moutain took longer than I expected" or whatever made me late. I've only run into problems once and that was a FP that was only 10 minutes expired for Buzz. I had to meet my handicapped mother at the park and it took her longer that expected to make it to Fantasyland where she was going to watch my DD and my sister's kids (one of which was asleep). The CM gave us a hard time, but let us on.

We have never had a problem with using them late at MGM, but have never really tried elsewhere. I think it all depends on the CM on whichever ride you are trying to ride.

If you are within 15-20 minutes, I can't imagine them giving you a hard time. Sometimes other rides lines just take longer than expected, and you can't get back right away!

Over NYE, Test Track broke twice on 2 days we were at Epcot. We went to the Fastpass line to ask if we could get one to use the next day since we had a PS in MGM and had to go and the ride was still not open. When we asked, the CM said that Test Track always honors fastpasses regardless of the day, time, or even the year issued since it shuts down a lot. He said to hold onto the ones we and and we could use them whenever we want to, even if we don't come back for 3 years. We did keep them and plan to use them in February so if it doesn't work we'll let you know.
At RnRC we also got a fastpass because when we went to ride it, about 10 minutes before park closing on 12/29, it was closed for technical difficulties. The CM was telling people to come back the next day. My family went on ToT and I went to ask the CM at RnRC if he thought they'd fill to capacity on NYE and he asked if that's when I'd be back at MGM. I said yes so he said "oh, well I can't tell you to ride RnRC on NYE without a fastpass" so he asked how many people were in my party and handed me 3 fastpasses for the ride. They said 3:40-4:40 12/29/02 but he said to just use them and explain that hte ride broke down when we were going to ride. So I think you can use them whenever for rides like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter