Canada/Grand Canyon/Wyoming with a 5.5 year old...

lundve

DIS Veteran
With 3 kiddos ages 14, 12 and 5 next summer (two of whom are the perfect age for ABD) we were wondering which of those trips are best suited to and have events that the youngest would enjoy too. I realize that he won’t get to do everything but if we wait too much longer we won’t be able to go all together anymore. We don’t mind separating from each other and doing separate activities as a party of 3 and a party of 2 from time to time if necessary.

Just considering trying something different next summer.

There were several young boys (5 ish) in our Grand Canyon ABD and they had a blast. There’s plenty of active time and plenty of choice, so he would not have to skip anything. There is a lot of bus time a couple of days, but I’m sure an iPad would come in handy.

We had a little boy around 6 on our Wyoming trip and he seemed to do fine. I think maybe he couldn't do a few thing like the rafting? But that was a wonderful trip, and the time at Brooks Lake Lodge lends itself nicely to families with age or interest splits, as you can choose to participate in different activities. For example, by daughters did horseback riding while my husband and I hiked, and I did fly fishing on my own while the rest of my family did archery.

We did Wyoming last summer with my daughter who turned six on the trip. We had an amazing time and All the big kids really took her and my 8 year old into the fold. We loved it. There are a few things they modify for a 5 yr old ie raft float vs whitewater and horseback riding in the ring vs trail rides but it was definitely an amazing experience!

Just got back from Wyoming. We have a small 6 year old daughter 48 pounds. She was able to do all the activities including horseback riding and white water rafting. Since we went in early July, the river slowed down enough the company allowed her to go. The main issue is making sure the life jacket fits securely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter