Canada releases new ban for cruise ships

I serious doubt that even if the US granted a waiver for the Passengers Vessel Act that the Alaskan season cannot be salvaged. There are of course many tour operators, shop owners, and restaurateurs who will be severely impacted by the lack of vessels. But Alaska also has a very large transient population for cruise season who would not likely be able to make the journey and any appreciable money to provide their labor. A sad day that will take multiple seasons (likely) to recover.

This also affects the WBTA on the Magic since it had at least one stop in Canada too, I believe. They could still make the trip just with extra days at sea. But all of the early October Magic Canadian cruises are off the table, so the first Magic cruises would be the ones from NYC to Bermuda assuming those still go.

Not surprised. So many people are and will still be hurting for a while :guilty:

This also affects the WBTA on the Magic since it had at least one stop in Canada too, I believe. They could still make the trip just with extra days at sea. But all of the early October Magic Canadian cruises are off the table, so the first Magic cruises would be the ones from NYC to Bermuda assuming those still go.
We were on last years WBTA that had to skip the Canada ports due to the tropical storm so that would be two years in a row.

Since DCL has been cutting the number of days back (Last years was only 10 days long) it might be something they consider as they schedule future cruises. They could end up turning the TA into a 7 day similar to Cunard and add a short NYC cruise. That would allow them to turn the ship earlier and get in another group, probably at a higher per night cost than the TA. I don’t like that idea as we like longer cruises and even extra ports and sea days.

I would love to take a WBTA cruise at some point if they included Iceland as a stop instead of Canada. I could see them doing what you suggest though and just shortening it to turnover the ship.

Anyone else think the "Canada waters" aspect is a bit curious? I get no Canada ports, but just sailing through Canadian waters is not going to spread Coronavirus to mainland Canada.

Anyone else think the "Canada waters" aspect is a bit curious? I get no Canada ports, but just sailing through Canadian waters is not going to spread Coronavirus to mainland Canada.
I assume the ban on Canadian waters is because they don’t want to have to deal with a situation where a ship has sick passengers/crew while they are in Canadian waters and the nearest port is in Canada.

I assume the ban on Canadian waters is because they don’t want to have to deal with a situation where a ship has sick passengers/crew while they are in Canadian waters and the nearest port is in Canada.
Probably, also, because Canada is very protective about just having ships sitting around in their waters. Due to pollution.

It is an air borne disease not a water borne disease like Cholera so it won’t be in the Canadian water but in the Canadian air. Drink as much Clearly Canadian, Molson, Labatts, Seagrams Or literally any Canadian beverage you want and you won’t get Coronavirus.

:rotfl2:

Just a little medical joke there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter