Canadian Buffoon's Exhausted Vacation - Update 09/01 - New TR link!

Are you on a diet, Alison?

No, just really freakin busy!

You walked from WL to Hoop?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, it was a nice walk and only took about half an hour. It was quite nice.

Okay...
Were you one of the first
ones at the check in podium?

No, I don't think so. Not sure when in the line, but we weren't first.

Check out my last update, the final one of my last TR.....before the bonus features begin.....

Thanks for reading, Alison!
If memory serves, you won
once, didn’t you?

I think I may have won on the first TR I joined in on. Since then I have tried to get into your mind and that's where I'm screwing up. I don't have any clue into your mind. I did better when I didn't know you! :laughing:

‘Ohana, (especially the bread pudding)
Oooh I make this every holiday! I got the recipe from Allears if you're interested - it's delish!

And for some reason, while I don’t feel
comfortable about ‘Ohana as a solo traveler,
Maybe it's the whole Ohana means family thing and being solo just feels especially awkward :rolleyes:

The line for the podium stretched from there,
clear across to Tampa… and possibly
into the Gulf of Mexico.

Okay. I’m exaggerating. It didn’t go into the water.
It probably curved and followed the shoreline.
Oooooh, that's what that was. My dad - who lives close to Tampa - had mentioned a bizarre line that had stretched for miles and was visible from his window. I'll let him know what that was :thumbsup2

No need to hurry now, all the tables are assigned,
the rush was earlier, folks.
:rotfl2:

I was at this task for possibly
a minute, probably less, when
a security guard came up to
me and said:
"You'll have to leave. The show's over."
I am so angered by this!

When will I be able to go back???
And... do you have an answer?!

No, just really freakin busy!
That’ll do it too. ::yes::
Yeah, it was a nice walk and only took about half an hour. It was quite nice.
Huh! I had no idea!
Now I’m wishing
I’d done that.
No, I don't think so. Not sure when in the line, but we weren't first.
Hmmm...
So that would lend
credence to the theory
that it’s based on booking

time, not podium time.
Check out my last update, the final one of my last TR.....before the bonus features begin.....
:sad2:
So I’ve read it already...
I think I may have won on the first TR I joined in on. Since then I have tried to get into your mind and that's where I'm screwing up. I don't have any clue into your mind. I did better when I didn't know you! :laughing:
:laughing:
I’m sneaky that way.

Oooh I make this every holiday! I got the recipe from Allears if you're interested - it's delish!
You make it???
Can I come over???

Maybe it's the whole Ohana means family thing and being solo just feels especially awkward :rolleyes:
Maybe?
Just feels like I
should be with a
group... or at least

someone else.
Oooooh, that's what that was. My dad - who lives close to Tampa - had mentioned a bizarre line that had stretched for miles and was visible from his window. I'll let him know what that was :thumbsup2
:lmao:
I am so angered by this!
Wish I’d known then
what I know now.

And... do you have an answer?!
I do!
The answer is...
I don’t know.

Thanks for the trip report pkondz! I had a great time following along! I still wish you had done the dinner with the Imagineer though! I am seriously thinking about booking this for our upcoming trip! Have a great time in Alaska!

I want this so bad on my next trip we are making a special trip to the Poly so I can order it from the Tambu Lounge, but when I saw your comment I rushed over to allears. It looks fairly easy except this one step confused me.

3. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.

You make it???
Can I come over???

You might not want to jump so fast. Guess what's in the Bananas Foster sauce... :rolleyes1 hint: it doesn't bother me at all....

Huh! I had no idea!
Now I’m wishing
I’d done that.

There's a nice little walkway through the forest.

I want this so bad on my next trip we are making a special trip to the Poly so I can order it from the Tambu Lounge,
I’m not a bit surprised.
but when I saw your comment I rushed over to allears. It looks fairly easy except this one step confused me.

3. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
Let me help with the confusion...
You slice the bananas first.
and then you serve it before
it cools down.

You’re welcome.

:rolleyes1
You might not want to jump so fast. Guess what's in the Bananas Foster sauce... :rolleyes1 hint: it doesn't bother me at all....
No problem.
I’ve had bananas foster before.
I don’t know if it’s the combination

of ingredients or what,
but I like it.

if it was coconut...
There’d be a problem.

There's a nice little walkway through the forest.
That looks nice. ::yes::
Did you walk?
Or did you both scooter

over?

Whattayamean no more TR’s??? I just don’t believe it!!! What will we do? And no plans for a Disney trip? Surely you jest? What about a Cleveland trip?
Looks like we’re going the second week of November this year. Going to try for free dining at POFQ. If not we’ll switch to POR.
I just bought my plane ticket for Seattle. May 6-11 so doesn’t sound like we’ll be able to meet up.
The piano player’s name is John. Known as piano John. I know of him from the theme park review site.
That security guard sounds like he’s cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!!!

I'M BACK!!!

Just got back from my daddy/daughter trip on Saturday -- and that TR is likely going to be a long one -- we did a lot of new stuff. Need to get on it while it is still fresh in my mind!

But for now -- back to yours!

Guess what I ordered! Guess!

I personally go with the red sangria -- but for you I'd have guessed Yuengling. You think you went white wine or white sangria? Why not red?

And... to be perfectly frank,
if I had to rate the food,
(and I'm going to, because
this is my TR.)
I'd have to put the chicken
as the best, then the salad
(yeah I really liked it),
then the cornbread and
finally the ribs.

That's pretty much the order I'd put it in. I personally thought the ribs were not even average. The sauce was crap (we have real good BBQ sauces here in Texas). Theirs was way too sugary -- I prefer the mustard based kind. There's a BBQ joint outside of Austin, TX called "The Salt Lick." Their BBQ sauce is the greatest thing ever. I could drink it by itself.

The show finished and the
performers took one last bow.
The audience applauded and
began to gather their things to leave.
I took one last sip to finish
my drink and picked up my
phone to jot down a few notes.
I was at this task for possibly
a minute, probably less, when
a security guard came up to
me and said:
"You'll have to leave. The show's over."
I was... well, a bit shocked that
this happened.

I saw that someone else already mentioned this -- but yeah, the DisUnplugged podcast talked about this happening to Sean. Very strange behavior. I guess the guy is on a power trip or something.

Indeed, I looked around and there
were several other tables with
patrons still enjoying their drinks
as well as guests waiting their
turns to pose with the cast.
The security guard did not
speak to anyone else about leaving.
At least not while I was there,
that I noticed.

I found it both odd and...
frankly, quite insulting.

I got up and left.

Probably how I would have handled it as well -- of course, it would also depend on how many sangrias I had enjoyed. three sangrias and I definitely would have gotten mouthy with the guy. But if I was with my kids, I wouldn't cause a scene.

When will I be able to go back??

I'll be there end of May...just saying.

Thanks everyone for reading
and joining me on my retelling
of my journey.
Without you guys... this wouldn't
be worth doing.
Your comments and questions
are all very much appreciated!

Thanks for sharing -- always enjoy reading!!!

Standings:

mustinjourney: 763
Captain_Oblivious: 760
docsoliday1: 743
juniorbugman: 706
Jules76126: 705
dolewhipdreams: 697
tundra1: 680
Steppesister: 670
franandaj: 651
lvcourtneyy: 640
disneyAndi14: 630
vamassey1: 525

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I'M BACK!!!

Just got back from my daddy/daughter trip on Saturday -- and that TR is likely going to be a long one -- we did a lot of new stuff. Need to get on it while it is still fresh in my mind!
Was going to suggest a meet up, but didn't want to interfere with your time with your daughter.

There's a BBQ joint outside of Austin, TX called "The Salt Lick." Their BBQ sauce is the greatest thing ever. I could drink it by itself.
I worked for a company whose HQ was in Austin (Arboretum area and then moved to bee caves Rd). Ate ate the salt lick and several others folks there bragged about. I actually prefer the sweeter (or smoky) sauces vs the Carolina (vinegar/mustard) style

PM me if interested in meeting up. Only if YOU want to.

So, you're saying you're a queen? Don't ask, don't tell.

Was going to suggest a meet up, but didn't want to interfere with your time with your daughter.

For some reason I thought you were going to be there a week or two before my trip. If you were there the same time, that's totally my bad. I would have loved to have at least attempted to meet up.

I actually prefer the sweeter (or smoky) sauces vs the Carolina (vinegar/mustard) style

tenor.gif

PM me if interested in meeting up. Only if YOU want to.

Plan right now is that I'll be there 6 days -- just me and both my daughters. So it's more if you want to be subjected to the behavior of a 4 and 7 year old. hahaha

Whattayamean no more TR’s??? I just don’t believe it!!! What will we do?
:laughing:
I don't know!
And no plans for a Disney trip? Surely you jest?
Well... never say never. :)
What about a Cleveland trip?
No. For sure not that...
At least not this year.

I think...
Maybe?

Seriously, I really don't have
any firm plans right now,

other than the May Alaska trip.
Looks like we’re going the second week of November this year. Going to try for free dining at POFQ. If not we’ll switch to POR.
Oh! That'll be good. :)
I just bought my plane ticket for Seattle. May 6-11 so doesn’t sound like we’ll be able to meet up.
No, doesn't look like it.
I'm not even sure where
or even if I'll be going anywhere

after the cruise.
The piano player’s name is John. Known as piano John. I know of him from the theme park review site.
Any comments about him?
That security guard sounds like he’s cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!!!
I sure hope he's received some
re-training... or been let go.

I'M BACK!!!
:wave:
Great!
Looking forward to reading.

I personally go with the red sangria -- but for you I'd have guessed Yuengling. You think you went white wine or white sangria? Why not red?
Not a fan of red wine.
So... there's that.

That's pretty much the order I'd put it in. I personally thought the ribs were not even average. The sauce was crap (we have real good BBQ sauces here in Texas). Theirs was way too sugary -- I prefer the mustard based kind. There's a BBQ joint outside of Austin, TX called "The Salt Lick." Their BBQ sauce is the greatest thing ever. I could drink it by itself.
I'd love to try that place.
Unfortunately, right now I
have no plans for getting down there.

Well... a slight chance, but...

And I'm glad I wasn't the only

one who found the ribs... dull.
I saw that someone else already mentioned this -- but yeah, the DisUnplugged podcast talked about this happening to Sean. Very strange behavior. I guess the guy is on a power trip or something.
I hope his trip ended
on the unemployment line.

Probably how I would have handled it as well -- of course, it would also depend on how many sangrias I had enjoyed. three sangrias and I definitely would have gotten mouthy with the guy. But if I was with my kids, I wouldn't cause a scene.
I was more puzzled than angered.
It was only later, after I found out
that I wasn't alone in this that
I started getting more annoyed.

But... I've let it go.
I won't be.
I'll be in Alaska in early May,
so that means no Disney
end of May.

Thanks for sharing -- always enjoy reading!!!
Thanks for reading along!
If ya wants the prize...
ya hafta PM the address...

:lmao:

There are two things that I’ve heard a lot
of people talk about over the years…
one is ‘Ohana, (especially the bread pudding)
and I’ve pretty much resigned myself that unless
there’s a DISmeet going on there, I’m not likely
to experience it.
Despite mixed reviews, at times,
I’d still like to try it some day.

The other is Hoop Dee Doo.
Eh I don't think you're missing anything by not going to 'Ohana :duck: That's me taking cover from all the 'Ohana lovers out there! We've been twice and don't think it's all that and aren't huge bread pudding fans either so you definitely made the right choice between the two.

LOVE the Hoop!

Probably the Sangria.
Either way… white, not red.
:thumbsup2 unlimited white for me thank you!
I'm not a cornbread kind of guy,
but even I was blown away
by how good that was!
I think the cornbread is one of the two best things about this meal. They need to not bring it out until later though because yes, it's very hard to not devour the whole loaf :rolleyes1
Hello beautiful.
Hi @pkondz !

Oh you meant the dessert.............................

Is this report really done?? I guess you need to go back to WDW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!