Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration - Update 01/28 - The End

We did!
Didn't see you though.
No one over six feet.
So... ergo... I didn't see you.

Yea, I seem to blend in somehow, or I was cooped up in my office studying!

Disappointed no picture of the hot waiter but I will let you live...this time :tongue::tongue::tongue:

I am sorry I didn't catch up until today! I was feeling down because it looked like my trip wasn't going to happen and I needed to step away but it is happening! Booked last night!

1. What time do we get up in the morning?

2. We get to the petting zoo!
How many capybaras are there?
0? 3? 6? 12?

3. Does Kay get to touch any animals?

4. Name at least one other animal
that can be found at this zoo.
(Private zoo in their backyard.
Picking capybara gets you zero points.)

5. Kay gets to feed a critter.
What does she feed it?
Hay? Corn? Oats? Fava beans? (with a nice Chianti)

6. How many hours are we there?
1? 2? 3? 4?

1. 7am
2. 3
3. Yes
4. Alpacas
5. Oats
6. 3
Bonus. Yes I do see it.

I'm curious, if any of you suspect
what the likely culprit was.
I did provide a clue.

I think that it is a sticking brake caliper that could have been caused/made worse by the fact that the car had been recently washed and the brake assembly would have got wet at that stage.

For bonus points, say "yes".

Yes, I think they do fit nicely.

Guess what we had?

I think it is a strawberry lemonade and a Socialite Cosmo made with red grapefruit vodka.

7:00am:

0? 3? 6? 12?

Yes, she does.

Alpacas, guinea pigs, rabbits and wallabies.

What does she feed it?

Corn

1? 2? 3? 4?

Did you see it?

I did in amongst the clutter - looks like he fancies playing the maracas.

Yea, I seem to blend in somehow, or I was cooped up in my office studying!

Oh! Then I did see you.
I saw someone in an office.
Must've been you.

Reminds me of a blurb I saw... probably on CBC or CTV:
"Oh! You're from Canada! Do you know Bob? He works in an office."
"Office Bob? Yeah sure, I know him. He's dead."

Disappointed no picture of the hot waiter but I will let you live...this time :tongue::tongue::tongue:

That was up to Kay.
I was busy trying to figure out
what to eat.

I am sorry I didn't catch up until today!

I'll let it go... this time.

I was feeling down because it looked like my trip wasn't going to happen and I needed to step away but it is happening! Booked last night!

Whoa! Bit of a roller coaster there.
What happened?

1. 7am
2. 3
3. Yes
4. Alpacas
5. Oats
6. 3

Noted!

Bonus. Yes I do see it.

You're going to have
to be a bit more specific, there.

Oh! Then I did see you.
I saw someone in an office.
Must've been you.

Reminds me of a blurb I saw... probably on CBC or CTV:
"Oh! You're from Canada! Do you know Bob? He works in an office."
"Office Bob? Yeah sure, I know him. He's dead."

I laughed in a near silent office, the girl that sits on the other side of the office gave me a dirty look.

I'll let it go... this time.

Thank you, thank you. :worship:

Whoa! Bit of a roller coaster there.
What happened?

At first our dates wern't going to work because of Ally's school. She took this as a bad omen. When I brought up booking different dates she said that she was concerned that it was bad to go mid semester and that money could be used for other stuff. I told her this would be her birthday present. I nudged a little here and there and eventually she decided she wanted too, with the caveat that we spend 2 days in the parks and 3 days exploring beaches.

You're going to have
to be a bit more specific, there.

In a picture!:dogdance:

I think that it is a sticking brake caliper that could have been caused/made worse by the fact that the car had been recently washed and the brake assembly would have got wet at that stage.

Not bad! Could be.

Yes, I think they do fit nicely.

Thanks!

I think it is a strawberry lemonade and a Socialite Cosmo made with red grapefruit vodka.

I think you're right.
Well... not sure about
the red grapefruit vodka...
but it could be.

7:00am:

0? 3? 6? 12?

Yes, she does.

Alpacas, guinea pigs, rabbits and wallabies.

What does she feed it?

Corn

1? 2? 3? 4?

Noted!

I did in amongst the clutter - looks like he fancies playing the maracas.

He's musically inclined.

So me?

I laughed in a near silent office, the girl that sits on the other side of the office gave me a dirty look.

:laughing:

You shouldn't be looking at
stuff like that at work!

Thank you, thank you. :worship:

It was close...

At first our dates wern't going to work because of Ally's school. She took this as a bad omen. When I brought up booking different dates she said that she was concerned that it was bad to go mid semester and that money could be used for other stuff. I told her this would be her birthday present. I nudged a little here and there and eventually she decided she wanted too, with the caveat that we spend 2 days in the parks and 3 days exploring beaches.

Not a bad compromise, actually.
Which two days are you in the parks?

In a picture!:dogdance:

Uh, huh. Which one?

We'd like the pkondz VIP crowd pass - can you help dwindle the crowds down? I HAAAAVVVVE to go tonight and the wait times are already looking ridiculous. Ok - so I don't really have to go tonight...we want to go and check out the Halloween decorations and this is one of the only nights we have free before we go in November and the decorations may be down then. :charac2:

So how we're the crowds? It was pretty crazy busy when we were there yesterday morning. We left by about noon.

Say what??????

Then... what the hell
is the rest of it???? :scared:

OK I did some research. In 2011 an Alabama law firm sued taco bell saying there was only 36% beef in their "meat mixture", I guess they didn't win. In 2014 Taco Bell released the list below saying that there was 88% beef in their "meat mixture". On their website, evidently they justify why things are needed, like lecithin, caramel color, cocoa powder, etc.

Taco Meat Filling Ingredients
Beef, water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.

Last edited:
OK I did some research. In 2011 am Alabama law firm sued taco bell saying there was only 36% beef in their "meat misxture", I guess they didn't win. In 2014 Taco Bell released the list below saying that there was 88% beef in their "meat mixture". On their website, evidently they justify why things are needed, like lecithin, caramel color, cocoa powder, etc.

Taco Meat Filling Ingredients
Beef, water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.
This is gonna sound weird....

But that actually makes me feel better.

88% beef isn't as bad as 36!

And to continue this Mexican Fast Food Snobbery DIScussion, I have no idea if there are even any Naugles left. I thought I'd heard tell of one being re-opened in Hemet, but failed to seek it out last time I was there.

Joining in - Naugles....yum. Cheese burrito was my go to. I have read that they opened up a test kitchen location in Fountain Valley and a pop up in Huntington Beach this past summer - but I have yet to check it out. Too out of the way for me.

Super happy for you! :)

Thank you. :goodvibes

Maybe I should trade in my bike... hmmm......... tempting.

Nah - The bike brings a whole other feeling. I would love to have one - but as you know - our traffic is a bit much.

Oh dear. Another sufferer.

It's just terrible......

So how we're the crowds? It was pretty crazy busy when we were there yesterday morning. We left by about noon.

It was really busy, however, on our drive up, we managed to get each other in a good frame of mind to just go with the flow and not worry about getting much done. We wanted to check out the nighttime Guardians and decided to go ahead and wait the 2 hours. :faint: We did wait the full 2 hours, but it wasn't too bad and the version was fun. We entered the parking garage around 5:30, grabbed a snack and were in line for GOTG by 6:25 after riding and grabbing some dinner, we left around 10.

Nah - The bike brings a whole other feeling. I would love to have one - but as you know - our traffic is a bit much.

I would think the opposite.
You have lane splitting there.

I actually considered renting a bike
for when I'm down there,
just for that reason.

I don't know how many bikes I saw go by
while I was sitting at a stand still
on the freeway.

It's just terrible......

You poor thing.
Here. Have a handkerchief
to blow your nose with.

We wanted to check out the nighttime Guardians and decided to go ahead and wait the 2 hours. :faint: We did wait the full 2 hours, but it wasn't too bad and the version was fun. We entered the parking garage around 5:30, grabbed a snack and were in line for GOTG by 6:25 after riding and grabbing some dinner, we left around 10.

This boggles my mind.
Going to Disney,
riding one ride...

And then going home.

It was really busy, however, on our drive up, we managed to get each other in a good frame of mind to just go with the flow and not worry about getting much done.

Yeah, sometimes you have to do that.

We wanted to check out the nighttime Guardians and decided to go ahead and wait the 2 hours. :faint: We did wait the full 2 hours, but it wasn't too bad and the version was fun.

It was fun, wasn't it? There's only one version of this iteration. Have you had all six songs yet on the daytime version?

We entered the parking garage around 5:30, grabbed a snack and were in line for GOTG by 6:25 after riding and grabbing some dinner, we left around 10.

That's good timing!

on the freeway.

Ah yes, the lovely LA freeway traffic. We brave it every week when we go to band.

This boggles my mind.
Going to Disney,
riding one ride...

And then going home.

Yesterday I didn't even go on one ride....but we did try one of the holiday treats.

I would think the opposite.
You have lane splitting there.

I actually considered renting a bike
for when I'm down there,
just for that reason.

on the freeway.

And did you ever think....wow....that person is brave lane splitting in these conditions? I've seen too many drivers pull out (where they shouldn't) and near miss. I would prefer a nice touring area on a bike and not bumper to bumper traffic.

This boggles my mind.
Going to Disney,
riding one ride...

And then going home.

Pure dedication. :rotfl2: Seriously - we usually like to go at rope drop and leave by around noon (like @franandaj noted), but sometimes we want to go at night and when it is busy, we get in the mindset of we want to do 'this and this' - if we get that done, we are pretty happy. A normal day - I would be unhappy to have spend 6 hours hours for one ride, a snack and light dinner (including driving/parking time).

We definitely did not get the VIP transportation last night - we were waiting for the tram when they announced there was something wrong with that particular tram area and we would have to walk back to another area and wait (in a longer line) or walk back to the parking structure......we chose to walk.

It was fun, wasn't it? There's only one version of this iteration. Have you had all six songs yet on the daytime version?

Yes, it was fun. We've only experienced three of the songs (we've had the same song a couple of times now) - how about you? We liked Tower of Terror, but we really like the changes to the ride - it is currently one of our favorites.

Yes, it was fun. We've only experienced three of the songs (we've had the same song a couple of times now) - how about you? We liked Tower of Terror, but we really like the changes to the ride - it is currently one of our favorites.

I love the new ride! It is now a rival for favorite ride with RSR and Haunted Mansion! I just got my sixth song on Labor Day weekend, the Elvis song. I keep getting the Jackson Five song over and over.

Ah yes, the lovely LA freeway traffic. We brave it every week when we go to band.

Um.
Considering the traffic...

Shouldn't that be "We brave it every week and we go mad."

Yesterday I didn't even go on one ride....but we did try one of the holiday treats.

This I understand.
I would have zero problem going to, say, Epcot
during F&W and not doing a single ride.

But it just struck me.
"We went. We rode one ride. We left."

And did you ever think....wow....that person is brave lane splitting in these conditions? I've seen too many drivers pull out (where they shouldn't) and near miss. I would prefer a nice touring area on a bike and not bumper to bumper traffic.

Actually, I saw differing behaviours.
I noticed early on that cars would move
over to give the bikes more room,
so I started doing that.
I saw some... let's say daring
riders zoom by but also saw
more cautious riders who
would check to make sure
people were seeing them.

Pure dedication. :rotfl2:

:laughing:

Seriously - we usually like to go at rope drop and leave by around noon (like @franandaj noted), but sometimes we want to go at night and when it is busy, we get in the mindset of we want to do 'this and this' - if we get that done, we are pretty happy. A normal day - I would be unhappy to have spend 6 hours hours for one ride, a snack and light dinner (including driving/parking time).

Okay. Got it now.

Still....

I found it funny.
And mind-blowing.
All at the same time.

We definitely did not get the VIP transportation last night - we were waiting for the tram when they announced there was something wrong with that particular tram area and we would have to walk back to another area and wait (in a longer line) or walk back to the parking structure......we chose to walk.

Ugh. Well that sucks!

We liked Tower of Terror, but we really like the changes to the ride - it is currently one of our favorites.

I love the new ride! It is now a rival for favorite ride with RSR and Haunted Mansion!

Really! That good, huh?
So.... should DHS's version
get changed, then?

I just got my sixth song on Labor Day weekend, the Elvis song. I keep getting the Jackson Five song over and over.

Woohoo :cool1: We keep hoping for a new one and are slightly let down when it is the same song. (silly to say slightly let down - because we still enjoy the ride - we just want to experience all of them NOW).

Really! That good, huh?

It is a lot of fun. Come on down and give it a whirl after your WDW trip - you know - research and all.

So.... should DHS's version
get changed, then?

No. DHS's was always better than DCA's.

I agree with Alison - No and DHS version is better - a bit more to it. I also like the parks to have different rides. One of the things we enjoy is experiencing different rides when we go to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter