Canadian free dining and Discount tickets

cheryldisney89

Earning My Ears
My husband and I already purchased our disney tickets with the canadian offer for our trip in August 2019. Was anyone successful last year getting the free dining with the canadian offer tickets? Also does anyone know if you can still upgrade your tickets to add the park hopper after the canadian deal ends??

You might get more responses if you post this on the Canada board! I'm pretty sure you can't get free dining with the Canadian discounted tickets. My friend just did free dining this past September and she had to choose one or the other. Actually, now that I think about it, the Canadian resident ticket offer was over before the free dining discount was released. And vice versa, I think the Canadian resident ticket offer that came out this fall was released one free dining booking was over. In order to get free dining you have to purchase a package with park hopper tickets so you won't be able to use the discounted tickets you already have to get free dining. I think if you add the park hopper after the deal ends then you will have to pay the difference between what you paid for the Canadian discounted tickets and what it costs for a regular park hopper ticket at that time. So in other words, you'll lose the Canadian discount. If you definitely want the hopper and you purchased your tickets through Disney, you might want to call and see if they can add that on for you now.

You will have to purchase tickets as part of the Free Dining offer. Previously purchased tickets from Disney or third party vendors cannot be used to fulfill the FD ticket requirement. Everyone, even Annual Passholders, have to purchase tickets as part of the Free Dining promotion. You might want to look into a room discount rather than Free Dining.

There is a thread on the Canadian board about the tickets where you can ask about upgrading tickets:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/canadian-resident-tickets-are-back.3703609/

Unfortunately no, Canadian tickets cannot be combined with FD. You will want to play with the numbers but for us, FD is a better deal than the CDN ticket discount as we stay at a value resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!