Canadian luggage

CdnDisneyNut

<font color=coral>What way does the "C" go again?<
I know with the extra security in the US with checked baggage that your suitcase most remain unlocked in case it needs to be searched. Now if I am flying direct out of Canada does the suitcase need to be locked. I have read that if you have a connecting flight in the States that your baggage might be re-checked and might not make it on your flight. They advise that you place your full home address and hotel address to ensure that your siutcase gets delivered if it misses your flight.

From what I have been reading, the 100% screening of checked luggage is done as you are flying out of a US destination, and not into one.

I work at the airport, I am a pre-board screener and also used to be a ramp agent and I couldn't imagine them screening connecting luggage because of the hassle it would cause to those passengers getting a connecting flight.

Not sure where you live but here at the Calgary airport, we have random checked luggage screening for those who are flying into the States and after this security checkpoint (right before you drop your bags on the luggage belt) you can lock your luggage.

We've heard that sometime this year, all major Canadian airports will be getting similar x-ray machines for checked luggage, which is a huge plus over the "random screening process". We will have new training for these machines and will post when I hear something about it.

I talked with my TA this evening and she said that someone at AC told her that if your stopover is 2 hours or more, then they will re-xray your bags and will be subject screening, but if the flight connection is less than 2 hours there would not be enough time.

Let hope this is true.

I'll let you know when we get back if the luggage makes it with us!LOL I guess I better make sure I have at least one change of clothes.

Scratch

:smooth:

Should luggage remained unlocked when you're flying back to Canada from the US? I've had friends recently who travelled into the US and had their locks cut on the flight back. They thought it was more for security reasons than thieves....

Bunnyfoo

I would say yes. All departures (inter State, cross country, cross border) from the States would be subject to the luggage search. If the plane leaves from the States your luggage will be X rayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter