Canadian Resident Tickets are back!

@BrennerM - We've used the Canadian tickets and have booked FastPasses 60+ days in advance. The voucher is linked in My Disney Experience and works fine for booking the FastPasses.

I was debating getting an annual pass. People tell me to get the Canadian MYW ticket then upgrade once you get there. It seems like a hassle and I don't see the advantage. If I were to buy a discouted ticket from a 3rd party seller at a discouted prise maybe.
Also if I buy an annual pass do I get the discounts before the pass is activated? If I were to buy tickets for the Halloween party would I still be eligible for the discount?
Is the annual pass also likned to the magic band or do you have to carry around the actual card? We also want to get a Tables in Wonderland card. Is that a physical card or is it linked with the MDE?
Sorry for the layers of questions!

I was debating getting an annual pass. People tell me to get the Canadian MYW ticket then upgrade once you get there. It seems like a hassle and I don't see the advantage. If I were to buy a discouted ticket from a 3rd party seller at a discouted prise maybe.
Also if I buy an annual pass do I get the discounts before the pass is activated? If I were to buy tickets for the Halloween party would I still be eligible for the discount?
Is the annual pass also likned to the magic band or do you have to carry around the actual card? We also want to get a Tables in Wonderland card. Is that a physical card or is it linked with the MDE?
Sorry for the layers of questions!

The consensus seems to be that when you upgrade to an AP, you loose the Canadian discount. I would personally not bother with getting the canadian ticket...

Is it possible to combine the Canadian Resident ticket discount with the Room Only discount by purchasing them at separate times?
Further, could you add a 1-day Park ticket to your room reservation and therefore be able to purchase the dining plan, too?

Is it possible to combine the Canadian Resident ticket discount with the Room Only discount by purchasing them at separate times?
Further, could you add a 1-day Park ticket to your room reservation and therefore be able to purchase the dining plan, too?
If you book the room directly through Disney then yes, you can create what they call a "ticketless-package" but you need to call in to do that.

That's what I intend to do (though not planning to buy an extra ticket, it's not necessary to get a ticket to add dining plan to the room only but you either have to call to add it or use a TA to do that for you...).

I’ve done it twice before. Once with tickets from Undervover Tourists and the other time with tickets I got with Airmiles. No need to purchase an extra ticket, just call and ask to book a ticketless package (can only be done on the phone so I use the app Google Hangout to avoid paying long distance call fees).

I’ve done it twice before. Once with tickets from Undervover Tourists and the other time with tickets I got with Airmiles. No need to purchase an extra ticket, just call and ask to book a ticketless package (can only be done on the phone so I use the app Google Hangout to avoid paying long distance call fees).

Good tip! Thanks.

"Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which must be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission."

Does this mean you can't link them to your account for booking Fastpasses ahead of time? What about Magic bands?
I purchased my ticket today, and it was instantly linked to my MDE account. Didn't have to do a thing. I also now have access to FP+, only 30 days out of course but when my window opens I'll be able to do the 60 days. Roll on October 10. I'm so happy to see this promotion, I didn't think another one would come out. Thanks OP for posting. I didn't see this before I read your post.

would drivers license be sufficient to redeem voucher or do you need passport?
Last year I took my passport, but this year it says in the fine print "All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes a government-issued photo ID prior to first use." I think a drivers license is a government issued I.D. I'm not really comfortable carrying my passport around with me and that day I was constantly checking to see if it was still in my purse. Some have said that a photo of your passport picture page is enough I.D. for other things, like proving they are old enough for alcoholic beverages.

Last year I took my passport, but this year it says in the fine print "All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes a government-issued photo ID prior to first use." I think a drivers license is a government issued I.D. I'm not really comfortable carrying my passport around with me and that day I was constantly checking to see if it was still in my purse. Some have said that a photo of your passport picture page is enough I.D. for other things, like proving they are old enough for alcoholic beverages.

You would think a drivers license or health card would be acceptable resident ID. You don't need to prove citizenship so you shouldn't need a passport.

I'm hoping someone will be using them before I go in May and report back :) I'd prefer not to take my passports to the parks the first day but we do plan to head there as soon as we are settled so won't be going to Disney Springs first. Since we'll be at Beach Club maybe we'll go to the International Gate and verify the tickets there then back to the room before we head to Hollywood Studios... I guess it depends if the room is ready when we arrive.

You would think a drivers license or health card would be acceptable resident ID. You don't need to prove citizenship so you shouldn't need a passport.
Please never EVER use your health card as ID! As a healthcare professional, there is a reason why and its to protect your privacy just like you wouldn't use your SIN number as ID! The code at the end with the letters is just like the number on the back of your credit card! AND by law, only healthcare professionals can copy/photograph your health card. The driver license is only attached to your driver history but your health card number is associated with so much more. So again I stress never hand your health card over to anyone else!

Last edited:
Does every member of the party have to present resident evidence? What about the kids? My kids don't have or need photo id (except for passports), so if I need to show their id, I'm going to have to find something for them. I don't know what, though.

Does every member of the party have to present resident evidence? What about the kids? My kids don't have or need photo id (except for passports), so if I need to show their id, I'm going to have to find something for them. I don't know what, though.
I believe it was just members of the party over 18.
  • "All adult Guests must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes a government-issued photo ID to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use."

If you don't bring all the passports at activation, be prepared that you *MIGHT* be asked to go back to your hotel and bring them. There was reports that it happened. I would personally prefer to go to a GS with my passports (Nexus cards in our case) than have to loose a few hours of park time because I didn't.

Please never EVER use your health card as ID! As a healthcare professional, there is a reason why and its to protect your privacy just like you wouldn't use your SIN number as ID! The code at the end with the letters is just like the number on the back of your credit card! AND by law, only healthcare professionals can copy/photograph your health card. The driver license is only attached to your driver history but your health card number is associated with so much more. So again I stress never hand your health card over to anyone else!

With a health card number, for example OHIP in Ontario, there is the possibility of getting all service history (ie. every billed doctor and lab visits) along with diagnoses generated from the Ministry of Health back from many years ago. That list would include even walk-in doctor and diagnosis from many years ago you long forgot. Personal injury lawyers and insurance companies request them all the time to check on one's complete past health histories. With card number, identify theft risk, and weirdos out there, I would never ever showed my OHIP card number to anyone other than my doctors / labs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter