Canceling onsite reservation question

nmrgrl55

Mouseketeer
I originally was planning an offsite stay but decided Buena Visat Suites was not right for us and I wanted something funner. I decided on all star sports and was ok with that choice. Today I was browsing and found an amazing rate for the Holiday Inn Waterpark through mousesavers and booked it. So my question is...will I lose my fastpasses since I booked them at 60 days? It is a room only reservation and my tickets are separate so that isn't an issue. Thanks

Can't you just wait until you are within 30 days to cancel your onsite reservation?

I am in a similar situation. We have AP's and it was a room only reservation. My plan was to wait until within the 30 days and cancel but a couple big expenses the last week means that I want the deposit back for the room sooner rather than later so I cancelled the room yesterday. When I cancelled it came up that the Fastpasses would be cancelled. BUT they are not cancelled yet. The room reservation disappeared immediately from MDE but 24 hours later FP still there. So if you can wait do so until within 30 days if not then you maybe could still be okay...I think I have read in the past that they aren't cancelled but you can't modify them at all?!?

I have done this several times and never had an issue with the fast passes going away. We have sometimes had to change arrival/departure dates or because we decided to stay over at WBC vs Onsite.

How would this work exactly? I've never dealt with this or even had FP before when I wasn't onsite, so I don't know it's handled. When you stay onsite the FP are attached to your magicbands, but if you cancel your onsite reservations what are the FP attached to?

They are attached to your MDE account. Same as dining - you don't need an onsite reservation to have an ADR. It's part of your account.

Well - depending on when you cancel - they will have already shipped you the Magicbands. Or you could buy a band. Or (in my case) we have a large box of magicbands in one of our closets. We have been sent them since they were in beta testing. And we go up to 4 times a year. We literally have dozens of them.

The fast pass may also be linked to your park ticket if you buy it ahead of time. I don't know anything about being bandless - we have had them since paper fast passes went away.

Well - depending on when you cancel - they will have already shipped you the Magicbands. Or you could buy a band. Or (in my case) we have a large box of magicbands in one of our closets. We have been sent them since they were in beta testing. And we go up to 4 times a year. We literally have dozens of them.

The fast pass may also be linked to your park ticket if you buy it ahead of time. I don't know anything about being bandless - we have had them since paper fast passes went away.

I have quite a few Magicbands from previous trips. How would I go about linking them to those?

Check your MDE - they should be in there. If not, there is a place to type in the number and link them.

So as long as it is within 30 days(and if you have separate tickets/AP), cancelling the onsite reservation won't wipe out FP+ reservation, right?

So my question is...will I lose my fastpasses since I booked them at 60 days?
When FPs are booked and linked in your MDE account, you won’t lose them if you decide to Cancel an onsite reservation.

The onsite reservation opens the booking window and your linked tickets keep all booked FP intact in your MDE account.

See the FP FAQ on the Theme Parks board. :)

Is this still true? Or rather, will this be true going forward? Because I recently canceled an onsite res and I was notified before *and* after cancellation that FPs would be canceled. I've never seen that notice when canceling before. It was within 60 days, not at the 30 day mark yet.

BUT: Right before canceling, I booked a different resort for the same night. So I don't think the warning applied to me anyway, and my FP weren't canceled. Both were room-only reservations without tix attached (I have an AP).

Screenshot from my cancellation print out:

ssfpcancel.PNG

Is this still true? Or rather, will this be true going forward? Because I recently canceled an onsite res and I was notified before *and* after cancellation that FPs would be canceled. I've never seen that notice when canceling before. It was within 60 days, not at the 30 day mark yet.

BUT: Right before canceling, I booked a different resort for the same night. So I don't think the warning applied to me anyway, and my FP weren't canceled. Both were room-only reservations without tix attached (I have an AP).

Screenshot from my cancellation print out:

View attachment 275290

I was like 26 days out and mine weren't canceled. Did you have a package booked and canceling it also canceled your tickets? Mine was room only with tickets I bought through undercover tourist,so I knew that wouldn't impact my canceling the room.

When FPs are booked and linked in your MDE account, you won’t lose them if you decide to Cancel an onsite reservation.

The onsite reservation opens the booking window and your linked tickets keep all booked FP intact in your MDE account.

See the FP FAQ on the Theme Parks board. :)

Thanks. I did read the FP FAQ but still wasn't sure. It doesn't make sense that they don't cancel them and I was slightly freaked out lol

I was like 26 days out and mine weren't canceled. Did you have a package booked and canceling it also canceled your tickets? Mine was room only with tickets I bought through undercover tourist,so I knew that wouldn't impact my canceling the room.

1. They wouldn't cancel FP that are within 30 days. Anybody (with tickets) can make FP 30 days in advance. So, I would not have expected them to cancel yours.
2. As stated, I canceled within 60 days, still not quite at the 30-day mark (as of today).
3. As stated, this was room only + I have an AP.
4. I don't think they would've canceled my FP anyway, since I still had an on-site resort booked. I was switching resorts.

I think the FP cancellation warning message shows that they're going to actually start canceling FP booked at the 60 day window if the guest cancels the room reservation that opened the window, if cancellation happens more than 30 days out. (Since it sounds like the FP cancellations aren't happening, yet.) I'm all for loophole closing, so it's fine by me.

Even if you cancel your onsite room reservation at day 60, the FPs remain.

FPs are based on the linked tickets; canceling the room reservation just closes the ‘window’ until day 30 when any booked FPs can then be Modified.

I believe Disney adds that specific warning for guests with Packages because after tickets are removed from an MDE, FPs disappear.

Last edited:
I was wondering if that warning pertained to those with packages since your FP would then be accociated with the room also, not just your ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter