Cancelled and Rebooked!!!!!

karin037

DIS Veteran
I just cancelled and rebooked my trip to Universal in October. We had our flights through USairways. USairways no longer has direct flights to Orlando (not sure if this is just for our dates or if they did away with nonstop flights out of New York permanantly). I don't want a connecting flight. I'm really excited about our new plans. Originally, we were going to stay 4 nights at the Royal Pacific. Now we will be staying for a total of 6 nights!!! The first 3 nights we'll be at the Portofino and the last 3 nights we'll be at the Hardrock. I had wanted to stay all 6 nights at the HRH, but the entertainment rate ($125) was only available for the last 3. The woman who made the reservations was so helpful. She checked out different dates for me and the Portofino was available at the entertainment rate ($150) for my first 3 nights. We do have to pay $25 a night extra, because our oldest daughter is over 18. I think our daughters (ages 14, 16 & 21) are going to love staying at both hotels. I also purchased the Power Passes, so I think we're going to have a great time!!! All that's left to do is book the airfare. I'm sticking with JetBlue this time. They are much more reliable. Just have to wait until their flights are available. They don't have their October flights out yet. I'm so excited about our new trip plans, I can hardly wait.

How does Universal handle switching hotels? I love checking out different places and after I did a switch once in Disney,I swore I would never do that again. It wasted too much of our precious time. This time we have 2 small children with us and I thought it might just save a few headaches to stay put.

The woman I spoke to when making my reservations said it is done all the time, and that it's very easily done and everything will go smoothly. She said just make sure the bags are packed. They'll move them while we're at the parks.

It is very smooth changing hotels, we spent last thurs pm at the portifino, we brought our bags to the bellman in the am when we were checking out. We then took the bus to the HRH. We did early check in, got our room key and headed for the parks, when we came back, around 4 our room was ready and they brought our luggage right up.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter