Cancelling a reservation - what to do - TAKE 2

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
Apparently I broke a rule, so trying this again.

Have an existing reservation, but its less than 30 days out.

If its cancelled, points go into holding. Obviously the reservation can not really be cancelled and the points rented out, as they would be holding points.

Other options?

TIA

You can try to post it here on Rent and Trade...reservations under 30 days are allowed there, as long as you meet
outing guidelines.

The other option is to contact a broker to see if they allow reservations for rent as well!

The member who owns the points must be the person to post the reservation on our Rent/Trade board. If they do not have enough posts, or have been a DISBoards member less than 6 months, they must pay a fee to do so. For more info, please see the Required Reading sticky thread on the Rent/Trade board for details.

Other options would be contacting a broker, or if it is some sort of emergency, contact Member Services and see if they can help.

Not posting it here, no intention of doing so, not my reservation, just looking to know what the options are to discuss them with a family member, as I am unaware of what the options are (if any).

There was no emergency - so MS is not an option and not going to lie to them.

So broker is the only option. Thank you.

Another option would be seeing if any family or friends want to use the reservation, and renting it directly to them.

I would not cancel the reservation but see if a broker can rent it. Just change the names on reservation to renters’ names.

Apparently I broke a rule, so trying this again.

Have an existing reservation, but its less than 30 days out.

If its cancelled, points go into holding. Obviously the reservation can not really be cancelled and the points rented out, as they would be holding points.

Other options?

TIA
If the reservation is cancelled and the points go into holding, a lot will depend on the use year. Holding points don't expire until the end off the use year. Even though you can't make a reservation with them more than 60 days in advance, once we get past the busier times, availability might loosen up enough to use (or rent) them.

So if the existing reservation doesn't rent, you could cancel it a day or so before check-in and then look for available nights within the 60 day window to try again. You can do that until the points expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!