Candlelight Processional

tinkerbellblondie19

Blonde? Just a little. Or a lot.
When my family and I saw CLP, we had dinner at Garden Grill. We had an ADR for 5:30, and a seat for the 8:15 show. We weren't rushed at all, and ALL package holders are guarranteed (sp?) seats, and (this information came from a cast member) they only sell 800 seats for their 1500+ seat theater. We were also waiting outside Morocco, but, once they began seating, were in within about 5-10 minutes. We had pretty good seats, right behind where the shelter cuts off with a great view of the sign language translator (If you haven't watched him during the show, you MUST! It's incredible!)

Listening I could hardly believe it was the same place. Sorry they had such a bad time. We were there with the package Dec. 15 about 5:40. It was awesome. The waiter was amazing and even though there were only two of us we had a great table in the room with the fire. He never rushed us and explained everything. Refilled our drinks and was very attentive (no we are not the type that usually attract attention:rotfl: .

Actually we never had any problems with our appetizers/meals being brought together for any of our DP meals for a week for which I am glad. Waiters were great. Loved the food and Le Cellier was the best meal of our trip. Loved the apple crumble also:goodvibes

We must have had the Disney Gods smiling on us. Loved our service and made it to the admittedly long line for the processional in plenty of time.

Definitely would do it again, it definitely isn't always terrible.

Nanb

We had Le Cellier for lunch on Sunday, the 16th, and it was the second best meal of our trip (the brown derby was unbeatable). All three of us (me, my mom and my dad) had the cheddar cheese soup and the five ounce filet and loved it. The desserts weren't that spectacular, but the rest was awesome.

Hi Nanb,

I didnt say the food was terrible or that our server was bad.

I said the food was ok to good except for the appetizers and that Le Cellier doesnt deserve the iconic staus it has with reservations being completely booked until March or April.

As for the CP and the theater...there is a much different dynamic if you are with someone in a wheelchair. There are a limited number of seats available and if you are with someone in a chair, then only two people can accompany that person. There were 3 of us with my Mom. Me, John and my Dad......and it was Christmas Eve. No one wanted to sit alone.

Kevin

I definitely agree that it shouldn't have such a 'If you don't go there your trip is ruined' reputation, and though it didn't really exceed expectations (with all the hype about it that's nearly impossible), it was still good.

And I just realized that my post before this was my 800th. Cool.

We did Le Cellier for our CP dinner as well. We're real carnivores in our family and the steak there is a highlight for us. It was DN's first visit there and she loved the Filet with Mushrooms.
We made our reservation for 5, so we did not feel rushed at all. The only thing we thought was odd was when we checked in at 4:45 the CM wanted us to go wander around for 15 minutes when the bench inside was empty. The "boss" was standing behind him and told us to come on in and sit on the bench, so maybe he was just new at it. :confused3

It's a place we like a lot, and I always thought that the pressure to get in there was more about the size of the room than the fact it was the best place on earth. I agree with Kevin that there are other places that are just as good that don't have the rep that Le Cellier has.

But, hey, guys-why did you have to let out the secret of Narcoosee's??? We LOVE that place and now everyone is going to find out how great it is!!

I've always loved LeCellier and have always had an awesome meal. I believe our cheesesoup 2 years ago was a cup but a full cup. I ate there a month ago and my cup was not full. I also ordered the beef stack. It was my first time having it and I loved it but didn't know what I was missing. Here is the picture of my tomato stack:
100_3876rev0.jpg

I didn't do the CP package because I thought it was too expensive and it sounded to regimented. I saw the lines on both sides on Dec. 4th and was glad that I made that decision. I did stand for a bit at the top of theatre to listen and watch. I had no problem finding a spot to watch. I also could see and hear it all. It was wonderful but I saw it without standing in line or sitting thru the whole thing. Here is my picture:
100_3661rev0.jpg

Maybe more people need to do that and Disney will get a clue. Just like LeCellier being hyped up so is the CP. It's good. It's wonderful. We have a similiar thing here in my small town. JMHO

Thanks Kevin! Always enjoy your reviews whether they are positive or not. The first words out of my DH mouth on Tuesday night is "is there another review"? You're popular in my house. :thumbsup2

I think my DH and I fell victim to the hype that seems the surround this restaurant. We had a nice meal, but listening to Kevin's review, I felt it was spot-on about the appetizers, both in portion and quality. My DH tried the sausage and polenta appetizer and the sausage was overcooked and terribly spicy (we usually love spicy things). He couldn't finish it, which is a rare event, believe me!

I also wondered whether the quality might have suffered a bit when the old LeCellier chef moved to Jiko recently.

See that photo of the tomato "STACK" in Minnie Lor's post?

It's not a "stack"...it's a slice of tomato and two marbles of mozzerella.

It used to be a "STACK" and the menu still refers to it as such.

Thank you Minnie Lor for taking a photo.

Kevin

Ok...I know...the horse is dead...let it be...

but I just found a quote from DisneyBridein2K3 on another thread and I found it fitting:

"That is unacceptable. Customers order off of a menu based on the description and what you got seemed to be nothing more than false advertising."

Kevin

We ate at Le Cellier the first week of December. We did NOT opt for the CP package as I have a 2yo and didn't think he would last through the line AND the event!

It was okay.... I think I enjoyed the different foods at the buffets we ate at better though, especially Tusker House.

I had the cheese soup and dh had that sausage polenta dish for appetizers. I LOVE cheese soup and thought it was okay (not the best I've ever had), dh really liked the sausage polenta but commented that there wasn't a lot to it.

For dinner I had the salmon and dh had the mushroom filet. Again, we both liked the dishes but dh's comment was that it was NOT the best steak he's ever had and to be honest the salmon at Tusker House tasted better (melt in your mouth yummy) although Le Cellier's wasn't bad... just ordinary.

We all (even 6yo dd) had creme brulee for dessert and since it is a favorite of ours they would have really had screwed it up for us to not like it! It was yummy. :D

I fully agree that this is not as "must do" as it is touted as. It was fine, but I put it on par w/ Boatwrights... decent food in a decent atmosphere. I would eat at either again if I happened to be there, but wouldn't go out of my way to go back.

Hi Nanb,

I didnt say the food was terrible or that our server was bad.

I said the food was ok to good except for the appetizers and that Le Cellier doesnt deserve the iconic staus it has with reservations being completely booked until March or April.

As for the CP and the theater...there is a much different dynamic if you are with someone in a wheelchair. There are a limited number of seats available and if you are with someone in a chair, then only two people can accompany that person. There were 3 of us with my Mom. Me, John and my Dad......and it was Christmas Eve. No one wanted to sit alone.

Kevin

Thanks for responding Kevin. I really understand your experience and enjoy your reviews but hoped everyone didn't take away not to go to Le Cellier. Lots of different experiences there from the reviews but really glad we didn't miss it. It truly was a highlight. My sister was in the Electric chair also and we were fortunate I was the only person with her. It could really color things to be separated for Christmas Eve. Not disagreeing with you just wanted to be sure those with reservations don't panic, it might be great, might be ok, might be terrible or it might just be amazing. Sort of like life:upsidedow I agree with not having to many expectations, makes for a much easier life all around.
Nanb

I have to agree with Kevin that Le Cellier is good, bot overrated. We had a very good meal, but it was not memorable as some of the rmeals we've had in WDW reataurants.

As for teh CP, I also agree with the line/package thing. For this reason we do teh package in one of the restaurants closer to Morocco. This year we did Tuttu Italia- it was very, very good- and the walk afterwards was shorter so we didn't have to rush as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter