Can't decide please help!

sgrech

Earning My Ears
On the verge of booking a 2 night trip to DLP. Will be travelling on Eurostar from Ashford. Can't decide which hotel to stay in. Got a choice of three Movenpick, Explorers or Holiday Inn. I think I favor the Holiday Inn a little due to its value for money - only £50 a night for a room.

I am travelling with my wife and two young children. Be interested to hear comments from anyone who has stay at any of these hotels. Also I need to know whether you can book Character Breaksfasts through these hotels.

Cheers
Simon

Don't know about character breakfasts but we just came back from DLP yesterday-first night at Holiday Inn and following 4 nights at HNY. The lobby of the hotel is lovely with a nice circus theme. Very classy with black and white photos of circus related things, not tacky at all! The check-in was super speedy with no hassle. We had a non smoking room on the second floor with a view over side gardens. The room itself was nice with a queen size bed and a further two bunk beds ( we were 2 adults and 2 kids). The bunk beds are divided from the rest of the room by a striped curtain in keeping with the circus theme. Within this curtained off bit the kids have their own TV-my son (6) really liked this. You can also get rooms with two double beds instead of the bunk beds but these are slightly more expensive. The beds were extremely comfortable probably the best I've ever slept in. The bathroom was lovely-very sleek and modern with a hairdryer provided. There was a safe provided in the room as well as a kettle and teabags, coffee etc..The only negative aspect I felt was that there was no mini fridge. I prefer to stay in the hotels closer to the park not only due to the distance factor but also as I feel they have more atmosphere with the characters visiting etc.. but if it weren't for this I would gladly stay at the Holiday Inn again. I would say if you don't care about the distance and lack of characters etc and want to save money the Holiday Inn would be great. I can't comment on the Movenpick or Explorers as I haven't stayed at them but last year we again spent our first night at Kyriad. It was nice and new and bright but I would not stay there again as the rooms were tiny. Between the Holiday Inn and Kyriad we much preferred the Holiday Inn and they were very similar in price (65 euros per night not including breakfast). I'll be interested to see where you end up staying :flower:

We stayed in HI in August and November last year.
Kids enjoyed their curtained off area and own tv.
Breakfast IMHO was expensive and not worth it, unless included in your room rate.
I'd book your character breakfast direct. HI booked ours at Walts. In spite of us hearing the conversation the restaurant had no record and we had to wait, so that they did not give us the table of someone who had booked :rolleyes:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter