Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception

MnParrothead

Member of the Corona Crew at DVB
I'll be going on Jan. 12, 7-day Magic. I've done the 3 and 4-day cruises but I never remember a Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception. Where is it and when? Do I need to sign up for it?
Thanks for your help.

Hey MNParrothead, we're on the cruise with you. Don't know if you saw the post regarding a DIS meet or not, but we plan to gather Deck 10, above Scoops around 4:15 for the sailaway party on Saturday. It is my understanding that the Captains Welcome Aboard is on Sunday with times set depending upon your dinner seating. The navigator will have the time, and place (I can't remember from prior posts where it is held). To my knowledge, there is no requirement to RSVP. Looking forward to seeing you in 7 days.:bounce:

Free (pre-prepared) drinks are served in the atrium outside Triton's, during the time described on your Navigator. Typically the Captain (and Captain Mickey) are available for pictures as well. It is free and open to all, no need to sign up. :)

Thanks for your responses. NCRedding, I'll be wearing my lime green ribbon and will look be on the lookout for other DIS people at the sailaway party. 7-days til fun and sun!!

Hello! We are also going to be on the Jan 12 cruise! I am so excited..it was a last minute (sort of) decsion for us, so I have been doing all the research I can, which brought me to this discovery of the DIS in the first place. I have so many questions about acronyms and other mysteries (to me) about this site.
What are the details about a green ribbon?
We have 2 daughters coming on the cruise, ages 9 and 3.
See ya on Deck 10 at 4:15 with my green ribbon(?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter