Car rental and passports

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
Was reading Fodor's last night and it said something odd. It said that our-of-country folks will need a passport to rent a car! Is this true? We were just going to take driver's licenses and birth certificates.

Need to bump this up. Does anyone know if need a passport to rent a car like the guidebook says?

Hi maxie! :D

I don't know who you're planning on renting from, but I just called National Car Rental, and was told, as hawt1 said, that a drivers license would be sufficient.

Kim :)

That might be for visitors who are visiting us and don't live in North America. I've never had any problems renting here or in the US. I know if you want to rent a car in Europe, you may have to sign a form to get a temporary driver's license ... I think :rolleyes:

It was stated in Fodor's Orlando travel guide. It was the only place I've ever heard of that.

My husband just rented on July 23-30 from Dollar at the Orlando airport without a passport.

Rooth

Budget, Alamo, Dollar and National all even accepted my UK non-photo driving licence without any need for a passport.

A North American driving licence is quite sufficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter