Car rental locations for WDW...

We will be renting a car to spend a couple of days at LEGOLAND before our WDW stay in June. Our first resort is SSR, and we'll be arriving late afternoon with dinner that night in DS. Our park the next morning is HS. Alamo has the best price that I've found so far. What seems like the most hassle-free way to return the car? I'm assuming A or B, but would like an input on which will eat up the least of my husband's time. Thanks!

A) Drop family off at SSR to settle in, drive to Car Care Center, return car, shuttle back to SSR, go to dinner
B) Check into SSR, drive to DS, return car (is there an Alamo return at DS, or should I go with a different company? I don't mind a small price difference), eat dinner
C) Park at SSR on arrival night, drive to HS in am, and at some point (pre/post park) return car at Swan/Dolphin

D) Have family drop you off at SSR so that you can settle in, go to the bar and unwind, poolside. They then drive to the care care center, return the car and take the shuttle back to SSR at which point you are rested and ready for dinner.

We will be renting a car to spend a couple of days at LEGOLAND before our WDW stay in June. Our first resort is SSR, and we'll be arriving late afternoon with dinner that night in DS. Our park the next morning is HS. Alamo has the best price that I've found so far. What seems like the most hassle-free way to return the car? I'm assuming A or B, but would like an input on which will eat up the least of my husband's time. Thanks!

A) Drop family off at SSR to settle in, drive to Car Care Center, return car, shuttle back to SSR, go to dinner
B) Check into SSR, drive to DS, return car (is there an Alamo return at DS, or should I go with a different company? I don't mind a small price difference), eat dinner
C) Park at SSR on arrival night, drive to HS in am, and at some point (pre/post park) return car at Swan/Dolphin
You could also bring the entire family to return the car at CCC and have the shuttle drop you off at DS? (Their shuttles are small buses, plenty of room)

I’ll be relaxing with a cocktail regardless, so D it is! Trying to figure which is the best choice for my poor husband, lol

If you can switch to a different car rental company, you can do B) and return at a few DS hotels. I think there may even be one for Alamo at DS, but I am not sure.

LAX

I think I’m going to use Alamo, since we fly in late at night and they have a really easy pickup process. I’ll have hubby drop us (or maybe just me) off at the resort and go turn it right in. Thanks!

Anymore Alamo July codes out there? Always looking to save more money. Thanks :flower:

We will be staying at POR in a couple of weeks and we want to rent a car for one day to go to Kennedy Space Center. Should we use the Car Care Center or a hotel next to Disney Sorings? We could take a boat from POR to DS and then walk to neighboring hotel? We have AAA would we get a discount anywhere?

We will be staying at POR in a couple of weeks and we want to rent a car for one day to go to Kennedy Space Center. Should we use the Car Care Center or a hotel next to Disney Sorings? We could take a boat from POR to DS and then walk to neighboring hotel? We have AAA would we get a discount anywhere?
The answer is yes to all of you questions!

Seriously, until you actually check out the various car rental company websites for your specific dates you won't know which is cheaper.

The answer is yes to all of you questions!

Seriously, until you actually check out the various car rental company websites for your specific dates you won't know which is cheaper.

Any recommendations on which car rental company to use or are they all about the same? I haven’t rented a car in YEARS.

They are pretty much all the same. You'll hear glowing reviews and astoundingly bad reviews of all of them. Pretty much go by price.

Have admittedly not read entire thread, but does it list anywhere which companies at MCO have kiosks to use rather than waiting in long lines?

Does anyone know if Alamo at the Orlando Four Points Sheraton Hotel accepts after hours returns?

We will need a car in August from the 16th ( staying at B resort) to the 20th ( flying out of Tampa). I know that the B resort has an Enterprise on site but the rates I'm seeing aren't great. We've used Alamo in the past from the CCC and was happy with them, but otherwise no experience.
Are the other rental places within walking distance to the B Resort? I can't tell from the maps Ive been looking at and would like to compare rates/companies.
Thanks for any help!

Are the other rental places within walking distance to the B Resort?
Several of the other hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd (where the B Resort is located) also have car rental desks.

Still looking- I have never been to this area and don't know how to search- don't even know which hotels are where to look up addresses. Thanks

IS anyone aware of any discount codes for August? We will likely go with Alamo, but really anything if we can get the price down. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!