Car rental locations for WDW...

Question...if I'm at OKW, and need to get to the Budget counter, at the Doubletree, how long will it take to get there? Figured u would take the boat to DS, then walk to the Doubletree.
I'd allow an hour. Taking the boat is a slow process and the walk to the Doubletree is probably a mile since its way down the other end of Hotel Plaza Blvd.

Its possible that Budget has a courtesy shuttle that would pick you up. Call the location directly to find out.

Thanks Jeff....thought you might have some insight! Only need it for 2 days...have to move the kid into her Disney housing!!!! And a shopping trip, I'm sure.

Thanks Jeff....thought you might have some insight! Only need it for 2 days...have to move the kid into her Disney housing!!!! And a shopping trip, I'm sure.
Definitely a shopping trip! Don't forget to let her take you to Cast Connection!!!

We are driving up from Vero BeAch in an Alamo rental and will be staying at the Polynesian. Would it be better to drop off at Shades of Green and walk to Poly or drop off at the CCC? Thanks

Not always. Sometimes you can get a good rate if a location has vehicles that need to be transported off to another location, such as if the Disney car care center has an overabundance of vehicles that need to get back to MCO just before the holidays. (Car care has a huge parking area, whereas MCO is limited, so many cars are stored at Disney.)
Any idea what kind of convertibles are available at the CCC? Site says Mustang or similar...just wondering if it's always a Mustang or what similar could be.

Hello, I am renting a car from Dollar and plan on returning it to Wyndam by 6:00pm. I have seen some reports that sometimes there aren't representatives at the desk in the lobby. Has anybody experienced this? I wouldn't want it to become after hours because nobody was at the desk. I also want to drop off and head over to DS without too much of a hassle.

I have seen some reports that sometimes there aren't representatives at the desk in the lobby. Has anybody experienced this?
I'd check their hours (just look on the Dollar website for that location), but typically what happens in cases where the desk is closed is that either the valet will take the car or there will be a spot to park the car and a slot to drop the keys. Not sure how this is handled at the Wyndham. You could also call the desk during business hours to ask about this.

Hello, I am renting a car from Dollar and plan on returning it to Wyndam by 6:00pm. I have seen some reports that sometimes there aren't representatives at the desk in the lobby. Has anybody experienced this? I wouldn't want it to become after hours because nobody was at the desk. I also want to drop off and head over to DS without too much of a hassle.

I returned a car from Dollar to the Wyndam after hours in January. When we arrived one of the hotel workers (outside the front door) told us to park in the lower parking lot. When you get in the lot you will see some spots that are marked Dollar. Then we had to walk up the hill to the front door and go to the desk. They had a form to fill out and we left the keys in the same envelope. When we left, we could walk over a bridge to Disney Springs and caught a Disney bus back to our Disney property. Worked great!

I returned a car from Dollar to the Wyndam after hours in January. When we arrived one of the hotel workers (outside the front door) told us to park in the lower parking lot. When you get in the lot you will see some spots that are marked Dollar. Then we had to walk up the hill to the front door and go to the desk. They had a form to fill out and we left the keys in the same envelope. When we left, we could walk over a bridge to Disney Springs and caught a Disney bus back to our Disney property. Worked great!

Thanks. This is what we will do as I was pushing the schedule to get there by 6. Good to hear it's an easy process. Thanks again.

I realize the title of this thread is car rentals for WDW. my question is this: I would like to rent a car on our checkout day at Universal (the new saphirre Falls resort) to driveover to wdw. and then use it while at Pop century and return it at WDW.
our plan as of now is ro use a taxi (with a stop on the way for supplies) . but we will need to be going to Turner drug about the middle of the trip for a prescription refill for pain meds. (no they can't deliver those) due to all the new regulations turner needs to speak with the dr. AFTER he has the paper prescription in hand. our dr. returns medication calls at this convenience, and only certain days. .. so long story short, look slike it would be TWO taxi rides over to turn drug.
seems to me once you use a taxi 3 times, it might be cheaper to just rent a car. then we could use it to get to some of our ADRS at resort restaurants and DTD (springs) since we will be using a wheelchair.

so can you rent from someplace within walking distance of saphirre falls and retrun it someplace at WDW where I can get transport back to pop?

thanks!!!!!

I realize the title of this thread is car rentals for WDW. my question is this: I would like to rent a car on our checkout day at Universal (the new saphirre Falls resort) to driveover to wdw. and then use it while at Pop century and return it at WDW.
our plan as of now is ro use a taxi (with a stop on the way for supplies) . but we will need to be going to Turner drug about the middle of the trip for a prescription refill for pain meds. (no they can't deliver those) due to all the new regulations turner needs to speak with the dr. AFTER he has the paper prescription in hand. our dr. returns medication calls at this convenience, and only certain days. .. so long story short, look slike it would be TWO taxi rides over to turn drug.
seems to me once you use a taxi 3 times, it might be cheaper to just rent a car. then we could use it to get to some of our ADRS at resort restaurants and DTD (springs) since we will be using a wheelchair.

so can you rent from someplace within walking distance of saphirre falls and retrun it someplace at WDW where I can get transport back to pop?

thanks!!!!!

There are a number of rental agencies very close to Universal, but only Hertz is onsite in one of the hotels (Hard Rock, I believe). They tend to be a bit more expensive. The other big nearby rental agency is Budget. Enterprise is a bit away, and although they'll pick you up, I'm not sure if they have a return counter on/near Disney property. Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

I looked into doing what your thinking of doing as we had a split stay between RPR and AKL. In the end I rented a car for almost our entire stay right from Alamo at MCO and return to the Dolphin the day before we left. (I could have also chosen the Disney Car Care Center which has a van to return you to your resort or a theme park but I wanted to take the boat into EPCOT.) The drive from the airport to universal is very easy, and the return to the Dolphin for me could not have been simpler I only wish I had a couple bucks to tip valet with as I had no idea they'd be taking the car from me.

Parking was comped for me at the Royal Pacific when I asked at checkout how the parking situation works as I saw no way to pay. It could have been because I stayed concierge, but I'm not questioning it. Saved me $60.

Last edited:
thanks twinklebug.. driving from the airport isn't an option for us. (embarrassing to say,but I don't drive on expressways/tollways) I would take turkey lake/sand lake road to wdw and approach it from the DTD area. plus I don't want to pay for parking for 4 nights, or for the car fro that matter, as we won't need it at universal.
I think enterprise may have a return counter on WDW property. anyone know?

I booked Alamo at Car Care for 3 days. Can I arrange a pick-up time in advance via mail or I have to do it once I arrive at my Disney hotel? Thanks!

I booked Alamo at Car Care for 3 days. Can I arrange a pick-up time in advance via mail or I have to do it once I arrive at my Disney hotel? Thanks!
Yes, arrange it in advance. This is from the Disney site:
Complimentary shuttle service from select Walt Disney World Resort hotels to the Disney Car Care Center can be arranged by calling (407) 824-3470 ext. 1. Guests must schedule a pickup time prior and be waiting at the pickup location at the appointed time. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact the Car Care Center to reschedule.

There's no need to schedule a drop off time, whenever you've returned the car the shuttle will take you back.

Hello!
I want to rent a car for the last 3 days of my WDW trip. I'm hoping to pick up at WDW and then drop off at MCO. What would be the easiest company to go through? Don't want to go too far out to pick-up and hoping to get a decent rate.
Thanks in advance!!

Hey HBRC....check the post a few spaces up by Donald....
Probably about as convenient as anything, unless your hotel has it's own rental counter.
Price around though.

Hello!
I want to rent a car for the last 3 days of my WDW trip. I'm hoping to pick up at WDW and then drop off at MCO. What would be the easiest company to go through? Don't want to go too far out to pick-up and hoping to get a decent rate.
Thanks in advance!!

We used Alamo right at the Dolphin. It was super convenient staying at BC. Though we ended up visiting MK that day so instead of taking the bus back to BC, we took it to Dolphin. It was super easy. The office is right inside the lobby and they brought our car around to the front door for us. They also don't require a per day charge for automated tolls.
We were driving to Miami the next morning to sail on the Wonder and it was super easy. We were only billed for the actual toll charges that we incurred. We did not need to add any device to our vehicle. It's a built-in thing on the license plates.
Anyway our ride to MIA was a little over 3 hours, mostly on the FL Turnpike and our total bill for tolls was around $12. I was expecting much higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter