car seats

matty624

DIS Veteran
We're coming back in August for our sixth consecutive year. dd is 3 and ds is 2. My question is, is there a law in Florida regarding the type of car seat used. In the past we've brought with us big Britax ones which have their own independent straps to secure the child. This year we had planned on using two booster type seats (with backs) which uses the car's belt to secure the child. Does any one know if these are allowed?
Ian.

allowed here. You can use the seats you have as long as they fit in the car you rent. Because you are foreign you can use your foreign seats, but a US citizen cannot buy seat overseas to use here.

J

The law is a bit vague, children under 4 and or 40lbs must be in a child safety seat. Not sure if a belt positioning booster fits the category. Although I know from reading my booster seat manuals and the federal safety bureau reports they both recommend the 5 point harness until a child reaches, 4yrs, 30lbs minimum or 38 inches. Personally I think the 3yo is iffy and I wouldn't use a belt positioning high back booster for a two year old. If you use an independent harness at home, why take a risk on vacation?? Just mho no more no less -
Enjoy
TJ

Just to let you know. They will not allow you to use a booster seat on the airplane. It will need to be checked as luggage, so make sure you have calculated the amount of luggage you are going to take, and factor in the seats. You will also want to cover the seats with something to avoid damage. It might just be easier to take two carseats <We own a Britax as well> and use them on the plane and not count them as luggage, instead of having to check them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter