Car service suggestions.

StrwLady

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

In March we will be going to DL. We normally go to DW but decided this trip to give DL a try. I was wondering if there are any car services such as Tiffany Town Care in Orlando, that you can suggest. Right now we have Super Shuttle from the Air Port and Coach USA from Hotel to Lego Land. But I don't like the pick up times for Couch USA. We would be losing over and hour at Lego Land if we use them. Added to the fact that I have been spoiled by comfort of Tiffany Town Car I would really rather have similar transportation. I would appreciate any information you can offer.

StrwLady said:
Hi Everyone,

In March we will be going to DL. We normally go to DW but decided this trip to give DL a try. I was wondering if there are any car services such as Tiffany Town Care in Orlando, that you can suggest. Right now we have Super Shuttle from the Air Port and Coach USA from Hotel to Lego Land. But I don't like the pick up times for Couch USA. We would be losing over and hour at Lego Land if we use them. Added to the fact that I have been spoiled by comfort of Tiffany Town Car I would really rather have similar transportation. I would appreciate any information you can offer.

StrwLady...I'm right there with you! We have used Tiffany Towcar for the last 2 trips to WDW and are having a hard time finding something comparable for our first trip to DL in June. I'm happy to share what I have found out so far with you.

First, it depends on the airport you are flying into...SNA(John Wayne) is the closest, then Long Beach, then LAX and Ontario are about the same distance, but I've heard that Ontario is just so much easier to deal with than LAX. (We haven't decided yet, but are strongly leaning toward SNA, even though for us it's a higher cost.)

Second, depending upon which airport, there are a few options that I've learned about here at the DIS.

www.supershuttle.com is suppose to be reliable, but it's a shared van (up to 7 people) so that means you might be making stops other than yours...not like that TTC in Orlando. I checked the priced for LAX and Ontario to the Grand Californian...for our party of 3 it will be $57 (ONT) and $45 (LAX) and that is just oneway. If we want an "exclusive" van (like TTC) it'll be $94 (ONT) and $92 (LAX). That is just crazy if you ask me...Tiffany only runs around $100 round trip. Supershuttle does offer a towncar, the only difference in price is that the automatically add on an 18% gratuity, which DH didn't care for...what if the driver isn't worth that 18%?

Another option is the Disney bus... http://www.airportbus.com/
The prices are on the website so you can check it out, but again it's a shared transportation, so not a direct trip like with Tiffany. The site does list other tour options...like to Legoland and the prices didn't seem too bad...especially if you're not thrilled about driving in southern California...lol

The third option I can suggest is a true towncar service...I was really discouraged with all the shared rides stuff so I called DL directly and asked them if they could suggest something. I got a really nice CM who called the Grand Californian and asked them if they could suggest anything...here are the ones they gave.

-Best Transportation 714-375-9128
I just checked with them today and was quoted...SNA to GC $106.47...ONT to GC $150.95...LAX to GC $141.95...each oneway.

-LDS (the name is actually longer, but I only wrote down this...when I called it stands for Luxury....something or other)
I just checked with them today also and was quoted...SNA to GC $75...ONT to GC $131...LAX to GC $119...those prices are oneway and did include tax and gratuity.

Both of those are pricey and I haven't heard any reviews of the companies...maybe someone will recognize them and add a comment.

Then the last suggestion, which is what I'm leaning toward since I'm also leaning toward flying into SNA...using the Yellow Taxi Service...several have suggested it here at the DIS (especially if there are more than 2 persons in the party and no ride sharing...takes you directly to the hotel)...for our party of 3 a one way trip SNA to GC...about $35. (I called and asked for an estimate today and that is what I was told...found the phone number on the John Wayne airport site...also has additional info there. I just googled the name of the airport.)

Well, I think this should help you out...at least give you some ideas. Oh, and of course you could rent a car, but if you are like us...and think that might be the case...we like the "totally on vacation" feel...no driving! It's why we use Tiffany and WDW transportation while we at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter