Carioca's will be closed on our cruise : (

Oh I feel for you and the closures are disappointing but I don’t think DCL will provide any compensation. It’s the same as the parks. You can plan for over a year and determined to ride your favorite ride and then bam - refurbishment. Ride closed. Disappointing but Disney doesn’t provide anything for ride closures. I think it would be the same for the ships.

So, I just paid in full a few days ago for our cruise on the Magic in February. Then today, I get an email saying Carioca's will be closed on our cruise and we will be dining at Cabana's that night(s) instead. This is a major bummer! Not to mention I'm sure it will be so crowded in there for dinner with everyone eating at the same assigned time... :worried: Anyone else get an email about this? Wondering when exactly ( what month) it closes...can I change cruises now that I"m paid in full 91 days out??
Have you called DCL to ask about changing your cruise because of the dining room change? I am curious to hear their response. Also, do you think they waited until you were paid in full to send you the note?

MUN

Also, does this mean the Vibe will be closed for sometime? I would be livid as there is no other comparable space for that on the cruise if it is shut down...
How did you draw the conclusion that the Vibe might be closed as well? :confused3

Also, do you think they waited until you were paid in full to send you the note?

MUN

The upcoming changes to the Magic were announced literally only hours before DCL began emailing guests about this, it's nothing to do with Disney being devious and waiting for PIF dates to pass.

Definitely not getting what we paid for. We’re a family of 7, meaning we’ve paid for 2 rooms on every one of our 8 Disney cruises. I think we should be given some onboard credit or something. I’ve emailed my travel agent but haven’t heard back yet. I’m calling disney tomorrow. Vibe wasn’t mentioned in the email... but we have a teen so I’m asking about that. I can’t believe they wont wait til dry dock in March to start working on it.
Can you ask if the Edge is being closed as well?

I would be disappointed at first but then as others said, it might be a unique experience because of all of the windows. Might be really cool to be surrounded by water, who knows you may get a window seat or near to one. As long as you get your normal wait staff coming with you I think you'll enjoy it. Please report back on how it goes, not many people will ever get to experience Cabanas being treated like an MDR so I'd love to hear more about the experience.

The press release yesterday about the Carioca's remodel said they were redoing Vibe at the same time.
Wow! That's surprising. That would stink to have the Vibe closed during a cruise. I wonder how they are going to accommodate teens that would otherwise use the Vibe?

Wow! That's surprising. That would stink to have the Vibe closed during a cruise. I wonder how they are going to accommodate teens that would otherwise use the Vibe?
There has been no indentation Vibe will be closed during the cruise, the only indentation has been during the dry dock

I was/am excited about the changes coming (it's an unexpected plus for our May 4 sailing), but like the OP, I would be upset if the ship was under construction while I was sailing on it. That sucks.

The press release yesterday about the Carioca's remodel said they were redoing Vibe at the same time.

The press release also mentions Cove Cafe, doesn't mean everything mentioned is going to follow the Carioca's route of being closed earlier than the dry dock.

Because the article stated the Vibe was being redone/reimagined well.
Actually if you read the DCL press release, they listed all the changes that will happen during DRY DOCK, the only additional issue was that Carioca's is going to take longer to make over so they will shift the MDR service to Cabanas on a few of the cruises in order to get a head start on the refresh Carioca's. There was NOTHING said about closing the other venues during upcoming cruises to do any work, those areas will be worked on during the dry dock period in Feb/March when the ship is taken OUT of service. In addition they won't just be shoving people into Cabanas and expecting them to go there to eat like it was regular nightly service, the space will be treated as a standard MDR and your wait staff and table arrangements will be as if you were in the assigned MDR in your rotation. DCL isn't going to make such changes with out trying to make the venue change less than what it would normally be, expecting on board credit or some kind of compensation (even after they've notified you ahead of your cruise) isn't reasonable. Read the cruise contract, by booking the cruise you agree that any changes during your cruise other than emergencies, weather related port changes or dangerous circumstances are acceptable and DCL is not compelled to refund or compensate for giving advance notice of changes, that will not affect the overall outcome of your cruise.

Actually if you read the DCL press release, they listed all the changes that will happen during DRY DOCK, the only additional issue was that Carioca's is going to take longer to make over so they will shift the MDR service to Cabanas on a few of the cruises in order to get a head start on the refresh Carioca's. There was NOTHING said about closing the other venues during upcoming cruises to do any work, those areas will be worked on during the dry dock period in Feb/March when the ship is taken OUT of service. In addition they won't just be shoving people into Cabanas and expecting them to go there to eat like it was regular nightly service, the space will be treated as a standard MDR and your wait staff and table arrangements will be as if you were in the assigned MDR in your rotation. DCL isn't going to make such changes with out trying to make the venue change less than what it would normally be, expecting on board credit or some kind of compensation (even after they've notified you ahead of your cruise) isn't reasonable. Read the cruise contract, by booking the cruise you agree that any changes during your cruise other than emergencies, weather related port changes or dangerous circumstances are acceptable and DCL is not compelled to refund or compensate for giving advance notice of changes, that will not affect the overall outcome of your cruise.

Not according the email received by affected travelers.

The Email said open seating

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter