Carriage rides

WINTER

DIS Veteran
Tell me about the carriage ride in Fort Wilderness. good... bad what to expect and how long are the rides?

We’ve done this before. It lasted about a half hour, was mostly a tour of the resort, the campgrounds and RV areas, some woods. Kind of expensive for what you get, but everything is expensive at Disney. FW has so many scenic areas, but our ride didn’t show many of them, mostly just through the loops of the campsites. Was nice though. They also offer a sleigh ride in December and wagon rides which are cheaper but you share it with others.

We’ve done this before. It lasted about a half hour, was mostly a tour of the resort, the campgrounds and RV areas, some woods. Kind of expensive for what you get, but everything is expensive at Disney. FW has so many scenic areas, but our ride didn’t show many of them, mostly just through the loops of the campsites. Was nice though. They also offer a sleigh ride in December and wagon rides which are cheaper but you share it with others.

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you tip the driver? Hubby and I were thinking of taking a carriage ride on our next trip. TIA.

Last October we did this. We went through the 100, 200, 400, and 700 loop. Lasted, as stated previously about 30 minutes.

We tipped 10-15 as I recall. Booked it on spot. If you have a Disney Visa card you get a discount on the ride which roughly equalled the tip for the driver.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!