Cases rising or dropping by you?

I just don’t understand why people are still refusing to wear masks. I was at Target yesterday and a woman in the aisle near me took off her mask. If you are in a store, wear a mask correctly and keep it on or don’t go out in public. Stores can accommodate people who can’t wear masks through options like curbside pickup. DH wore a mask at work (it’s a state mandate yet he’s one of very few to wear one) and one of his coworkers made sheep noises at him. I honestly don’t get the resistance.

I just don’t understand why people are still refusing to wear masks. I was at Target yesterday and a woman in the aisle near me took off her mask. If you are in a store, wear a mask correctly and keep it on or don’t go out in public. Stores can accommodate people who can’t wear masks through options like curbside pickup. DH wore a mask at work (it’s a state mandate yet he’s one of very few to wear one) and one of his coworkers made sheep noises at him. I honestly don’t get the resistance.

Because stupid may not be a disease, but it's spreading faster than Covid.

Back to a rising trend in Wisconsin. Usually test results are lower on weekends and no exception today, but the daily positives are close to, if not the highest yet. Almost 11% positive. This is so depressing. :sad:
My sister is working today in a covid testing tent, in 94 degree heat on a blacktopped parking lot, in full PPE.

WEAR A MASK, PEOPLE.

We have a state mandate now though counties can opt out (and cities in counties that have opted out can opt in to make it further confusing) but we were in Walmart yesterday and in the self-checkout (which that store is majority self-check out) there was a couple (or what I assume is a couple) checking out behind us. Three employees walked past without saying a word. Our state does have exemptions:

• Children 5 years old and younger. Children under two especially shouldn’t wear masks because of the risk of suffocation.
  • People sitting at a restaurant or bar while eating or drinking, so long as they are social distancing.
  • Individuals with medical and mental conditions, or disabilities, that prevent wearing a face mask.
  • Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing or communicating with someone who is deaf or hard of hearing where the ability to see the mouth for communicating is essential
  • Individuals who could face a safety risk if they wear a mask at work. This exemption will be determined by local, state and federal regulators and workplace safety guidelines
  • Individuals who are obtaining a service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of a mask is necessary

However, the chances of them both being exempted seemed low. But it's possible I suppose. Everyone else was wearing masks that I saw though a few had them under their chins or under their nose. It only started on July 3rd so super super new. I don't want to suggest that people who are deaf (edited: corrected word) or hard of hearing to have to go to curbside because while they are still at risk and are a risk that just doesn't sit well with me. And yes there are some masks that are being manufactured or can be made with clear parts to them but I completely get why they are exempted in the executive order.

But I wholeheartedly agree with you on the sheep noise thing..like seriously it's amazing people stoop to that level on many things like that. I try to stay neutral in the mask thing as far as understanding both sides of the issue but if you're going to be for it don't be a jerk about it and if you're not going to be for it don't be a jerk about it either.

Last edited:

They want to maintain their right to get infected.

Because they're stupid. The end.

• Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing or communicating with someone who is deaf or hard of hearing where the ability to see the mouth for communicating is essential

Why would the person who is deaf or hard of hearing need an exemption? I understand the companion of one who needs to read lips being exempt but not the person doing the lip reading.

And I am not trying to start an argument I seriously do not understand why they shouldn't be wearing a mask.

Why would the person who is deaf or hard of hearing need an exemption? I understand the companion of one who needs to read lips being exempt but not the person doing the lip reading.

And I am not trying to start an argument I seriously do not understand why they shouldn't be wearing a mask.
Deaf people or hard of hearing people don't always have someone with them who is able-hearing and they could be communicating with another deaf person(s) who relies on lip reading. If you're trying to communicate with someone who relies on reading lips and they didn't have that exception then it would be a problem for them to remove their mask temporarily to communicate. Not every deaf person or hard of hearing person will opt to not wear a mask; it's there to allow them to though.

I'm pretty sure they are just trying to be considerate to the uniqueness that individuals who have that disability and rely on that method of communication given that the population is now covering up their main way of communication. No one not a soul is saying they aren't also a risk, it's simply a consideration being made..understanding if you will :)

None of the rules will be perfect many people spoke about minors (especially young children) and the complications of wearing masks. That's why you'll have varying rules of the age limit. I remember a poster from Northern Ireland who stated their age limit is no child under the age of 13. I'm sure we can make a case that they are still a risk as well. And there are varying age limits in my metro too.

But for the full reasons you'd have to ask my governor; these are just my thinking out loud.

Deaf people or hard of hearing people don't always have someone with them who is able-hearing and they could be communicating with another deaf person(s) who relies on lip reading. If you're trying to communicate with someone who relies on reading lips and they didn't have that exception then it would be a problem for them to remove their mask temporarily to communicate. Not every deaf person or hard of hearing person will opt to not wear a mask; it's there to allow them to though.

But for the full reasons you'd have to ask my governor; these are just my thinking out loud.

I still don't understand why a lip reader would need to have an exception. Totally 100% makes sense that the companion (the one whose lips are being read) would need to be maskless. In some cases it could be both parties that need to read lips.

California has the same exemption, so I am guessing there must be some logic to it. I don't necessarily expect you to have the answer. Just something I wondered when I saw California's mask policy.

I still don't understand why a lip reader would need to have an exception. Totally 100% makes sense that the companion (the one whose lips are being read) would need to be maskless. In some cases it could be both parties that need to read lips.

California has the same exemption, so I am guessing there must be some logic to it. I don't necessarily expect you to have the answer. Just something I wondered when I saw California's mask policy.
Just a guess, but masks can muffle sound. The lip reader also needs to communicate with those around them. Wearing a mask probably makes it even more difficult for the lip reader to be understood.

You mean to infect others.
Masks also help those wearing them. This needs to be pushed. Then maybe more people will wear masks.

And if you want to say they don't help those wearing them, why is it advised to not touch the outside of your mask? Because it could have the virus on it (from others)? If the virus is on the OUTSIDE of the mask, it didn't get through to your mouth/nose.

Just a guess, but masks can muffle sound. The lip reader also needs to communicate with those around them. Wearing a mask probably makes it even more difficult for the lip reader to be understood.

There are masks made with a clear plastic and fabric surround to aid in this type of situation. It’s used by some of my speech pathologist friends.

There are masks made with a clear plastic and fabric surround to aid in this type of situation. It’s used by some of my speech pathologist friends.
Already noted. Not everyone has access to those, some manufacturers only allow those in the medical field access to them, some are only pre-order at this point, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter