Cases rising or dropping by you?

Already noted. Not everyone has access to those, some manufacturers only allow those in the medical field access to them, some are only pre-order at this point, etc.

Huh?
Not everyone has access to Etsy or Google?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/794729...rch_query=clear+mask&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&bes=1
There’s tens of thousands of these all over the internet.
Well, maybe you’re right. I guess I shouldn’t take for granted that I have a computer and internet access.

Huh?
Not everyone has access to Etsy or Google?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/794729...rch_query=clear+mask&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&bes=1
There’s tens of thousands of these all over the internet.
Well, maybe you’re right. I guess I shouldn’t take for granted that I have a computer and internet access.
You know exactly what I mean. Knock off the sarcasm. People are fully capable of having conversations without it but you choose not to. Please don't quote me anymore and I'll not quote you.

Orange County CA: As is the case in most of the US, the numbers are rising significantly. I'd show a graph, but the hospitalization numbers for the last week tell the story - 406, 437, 451, 467, 492, 485, 510, 542.
It continues... 506746

There are masks made with a clear plastic and fabric surround to aid in this type of situation. It’s used by some of my speech pathologist friends.
I am not sure that plastic around the mouth of someone with speaking differences will add benefit over cloth as my original post to which you responded discussed. A face shield would provide benefit for speaking differences, but that was later mentioned by another poster.

...........it was a 3 day weekend....and brand new graduates of Walter Conkrite School of Journalism were in charge of Yuma news broadcast....so no numbers.

I have an honest question about those Florida numbers. Do we know for sure the rising hospitalizations are from covid patients? Does Florida separate hospitalization data? I know they are trying to catch up with rescheduled elective and other health procedures that were cancelled/delayed in the last few months, so I wasn't sure if the increased hospitalization is partly due to that or if those posted numbers were strictly covid hospitalizations.

Cases are still low in our area of NY. We get reports every day of our county covid numbers and once in a while we have a new case or 2. I think we have 6 current cases now, all recovering at home.

I have an honest question about those Florida numbers. Do we know for sure the rising hospitalizations are from covid patients? Does Florida separate hospitalization data? I know they are trying to catch up with rescheduled elective and other health procedures that were cancelled/delayed in the last few months, so I wasn't sure if the increased hospitalization is partly due to that or if those posted numbers were strictly covid hospitalizations.

Cases are still low in our area of NY. We get reports every day of our county covid numbers and once in a while we have a new case or 2. I think we have 6 current cases now, all recovering at home.

This is an article for our local TV station in South Florida discussing the situation in a few of our hospitals. https://www.local10.com/news/local/...florida-get-selective-with-coronavirus-cases/.

TLDR: The rising hospitalizations are due to Covid-19.

my state has now started to rise some, about 10% increase in active cases in the last week.

Florida’s fatality rate is still only 3%. Even if you think they’re fudging the numbers, they wouldn’t be able to fudge more than a couple of percentage points at most. Of course that could change if the young people who decided to throw caution to the wind at various bars and social gatherings all go home to visit their grandparents. Hopefully the older people will be smart enough to tell them to get lost.

Bank of America just announced they're temporarily closing 50 central Florida locations because of COVID-19

Bank of America just announced they're temporarily closing 50 central Florida locations because of COVID-19
Yikes. This is the problem here, folks want to reopen the economy but other folks don’t act responsibly so we open and close and open and close. This prolongs the economic problems.

I know you posted this in another thread but I think you're mis-representing the issue.

Bank of America's spokesperson said "Daily pointed to staffing issues as a reason for the move, saying employees might not necessarily be sick but could be taking care of an ailing parent or child." "We’re having to balance the need to stay open in as many locations as possible with the health and well being of our employees,” said Daily, who could not comment when asked if any employees had tested positive for the virus."

It's not because of COVID-19 as in all of those locations have confirmed cases of employees which is what your comment alludes to. I'm sure it's possible that at least some have had employees test positive but neither is it only because of employees testing positive or that everyone's family is testing positive.

We've had a few places in my area unable to open because they can't get the staff to do so.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/bus...0200706-sb7n27rqxjgxvekqhlhpub6gwa-story.html

Florida’s fatality rate is still only 3%. Even if you think they’re fudging the numbers, they wouldn’t be able to fudge more than a couple of percentage points at most.

But deaths are a lagging indicator - generally it takes 3-4 weeks from diagnosis to death. Since the alarming spike in cases really started to pick up speed about two weeks ago, we shouldn't expect to see how (or if) that impacts fatalities for another week or two.

In my area of IL (suburban Cook county) we have had 0 hospitalizations for several days. Deaths were 6 today and 6 yesterday in IL (probably slightly higher in reality since our counter seems to be off these 2 days always). Infection rate down to under 3%.

CDC is saying that if the death rate continues to drop like it has been that we (the entire country) will be taken off epidemic status soon.

Hopefully treatments continue to work and improve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter